Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Infomation on Graded Tall Boy protective bags (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=114945)

smtjoy 08-12-2009 01:43 PM

Infomation on Graded Tall Boy protective bags

I just though I would post this here as another board member just asked me about them so figured I would share with everyone.

For anyone looking for graded card bags for tall boy slabs (fits both PSA and SGC) here is a website that sells them and I been very happy with the product. They help prevent any scratching on slabs and are an added protection when mailing slabed cards.

http://www.craftercity.com/CLEAR_PEEL_STRIP_BAGS.htm

Product Details: Re-sealable Clear Poly Peel Strip Packaging for your Artwork, Matted Frames, Notecards, Document Preservation, Magazines & more! Acid free, archival, museum quality packaging.

I order the size- GBM-B4X9 4 5/8 X 9 3/4 they are .12 each plus postage per 100. They also have another size that can fit them, I think it’s a little tighter on the sides but longer top to bottom, I have ordered both. I have been very happy with them.

Matt 08-12-2009 01:50 PM

Scott - thanks for the email earlier; I've been looking for these for quite some time.

slantycouch 08-12-2009 01:53 PM

Thanks for posting! I've been looking for similar to this for a non-card related reason. These should work great.

Matt 08-12-2009 02:00 PM

If anyone is interested in buying 100 of their sleeves that would fit SGC's oversized holders and selling me 10, let me know.

Jim VB 08-12-2009 02:27 PM

LOL! (With tongue in cheek.)

Let me post this before Frank W. gets to posting. (Just kidding Frank.)

Am I to understand that the current and proper procedure is to now take our cards, put them in a penny sleeve, mail them to a grading company, have the grading company put the card and the sleeve inside a hermetically sealed plastic holder, AND THEN PUT THE ENTIRE HOLDER INTO ANOTHER PLASTIC BAG????

Why not just send the slab out to be graded? Somebody must be grading slabs, aren't they?

No wonder the damn polar ice caps are melting!

:D

Jim VB 08-12-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 741865)
If anyone is interested in buying 100 of their sleeves that would fit SGC's oversized holders and selling me 10, let me know.

(Also with tongue in cheek.)

Man up Wieder! Buy a whole package!

Matt 08-12-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim VB (Post 741882)
(Also with tongue in cheek.)

Man up Wieder! Buy a whole package!

Jim - if no one else wants in, I certainly will; then sell the extras to you at 3x what they cost me :) As it is, I've only got about 5 of those oversized holders in my collection so it would be overkill to buy 100.

Ladder7 08-12-2009 02:37 PM

Jim harps about the polar layer then get's on Matt for not ordering a ton more of this opium-depleting, hazardous material. While helping another with their overstock. Typical tree hugger. Ya just can't win here. :p

Jim VB 08-12-2009 02:42 PM

Touche`

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladder7 (Post 741892)
...opium-depleting... :p

This is a "bad" thing? (Ozone depleting maybe?)

smtjoy 08-12-2009 02:45 PM

I knew I would get one of these post for this thread )

True, I protect my cards in slabs and my slabs with bags, funny but it works for me. Then again I have seen raw collectors put cards in mini sleeves then put the mini sleeves into card savers and even card savers into pocket pages, haha.

Jim VB 08-12-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smtjoy (Post 741894)
Then again I have seen raw collectors put cards in mini sleeves then put the mini sleeves into card savers and even card savers into pocket pages, haha.

OK. You've got me. That's how I have my T206 set and my near set of 1952 Topps. Most of the rest are just sleeves in pocket pages.

Steve D 08-12-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim VB (Post 741881)
Am I to understand that the current and proper procedure is to now take our cards, put them in a penny sleeve, mail them to a grading company, have the grading company put the card and the sleeve inside a hermetically sealed plastic holder, AND THEN PUT THE ENTIRE HOLDER INTO ANOTHER PLASTIC BAG????

Why not just send the slab out to be graded? Somebody must be grading slabs, aren't they?

No wonder the damn polar ice caps are melting!

Putting the slabbed card in a poly-bag prevents the slab from getting scratched! :)

Steve