Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best Ebay Auction Ending Time? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=88978)

Archive 03-05-2008 08:03 PM

Best Ebay Auction Ending Time?

Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Most major auction houses end their auctions at Midnight EST on a weeknight. CW says that the best time on ebay is almost entirely different - 9 PM EST on a weekend. Can some of the major ebay sellers weigh in on what time works best in their experience?

Archive 03-05-2008 08:17 PM

Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>Considering how much takes place on the weekends, family, kids, games, vacations, summer homes, winter homes, nights out, nights in, movies, dinner, parties, etc...<br /><br />I no longer end on weekends. One poor weekend of sales switched me to Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays. Friday is no good - a good night to go out and relax. Mondays are just no good either.<br /><br />-Kyle<br /><br /><br />

Archive 03-05-2008 08:55 PM

Posted By: <b>Alan U</b><p>I like Sunday, late afternoon or early evening, although I think the advent of snipes has made the ending time less important. Running the auctions for a full 7 days seems more important to me.<br /><br />-Alan

Archive 03-05-2008 08:58 PM

Posted By: <b>Jeff S.</b><p>I usually have my auctions end on Sunday nights - 7pm-10pm range EST. I try to list them a few minutes apart to help people that are manually bidding on multiple lots. I've notice a good number of auctions I'm watching also end Sunday evenings.

Archive 03-05-2008 10:48 PM

Posted By: <b>Andrew</b><p>Check TV schedules, e.g., ending during American Idol...no good.<br><br>"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Archive 03-05-2008 10:51 PM

Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>I like Thursday nights (9:45 EDT / 6:45 Pacific) and Sunday nights (just a bit earlier). Don't ever do Mondays...

Archive 03-06-2008 03:59 AM

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I close all mine Wednesday night between 8:00-10:00 PM EST. No rhyme or reason why I picked that night, but it works fine. I think the night people choose to close becomes less important as more collectors set snipes.

Archive 03-06-2008 04:48 AM

Posted By: <b>Vincent</b><p><br /><br />I'm parial to Wednesdays. Lots of family activities/high school sports on Thursdays and Fridays. Living in EDT, I shoot for a 10:00-11:00PM (preferably, closer to 10:00PM) ending range. It allows more West Coast bidders an opportunity to place a snipe bid from an after-work (home) location, while still providing East Coast bidders a late, but hopefully reasonable bedtime. <br /><br /><br />All that said, I've sold very little compared to some of the far more active forum members. Collector first, entrepreneur a distant second. But I appreciate the ideas and strategies stated by other members. Certainly, a learning opportunity.<br /><br /><br />Thanks.<br />

Archive 03-06-2008 05:58 AM

Posted By: <b>Zinn</b><p>I like either Friday or Saturday night. Since most of my buyers pay with paypal I then have time to get the item packaged up to drop off at the PO on Monday.<br /><br />I agree that with the advent of sniping services it makes little difference as I suspect most of my buyers aren't just sitting there with their fingers on the mouse.

Archive 03-07-2008 02:30 PM

Posted By: <b>Eric Brehm</b><p>Two of the most successful eBay sellers of baseball cards that I know (Legacy Sports and Kirk Wagonlander) always end their weekly auctions on a Monday night. Kirk sometimes runs 10-day auctions that go from Friday to Monday, so there are two weekends in there for people who like to browse on Saturday and Sunday.