Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hey, pennant guys (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=183684)

thetahat 04-17-2021 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2093912)
This guy thinks I have his eBay ID committed to memory because of one sale 7 months ago? I didn’t even know who “Greg Manco” was until Marc B mentioned the name. I asked who that was and he connected the dots to Net54 for me. That was within the past year. I didn’t even realize it was you this time until I printed the shipping label. Get over yourself. You’re not that important Greg.

And I’d love to hear the “super glue” story. This is news to me. Please share the details. I don’t know what’s weirder. That you didn’t mention it at the time (extremely unbelievable) or that you kept hounding me for more pennants right up until just last week.

Well I said I was done with this unless I had to disprove more lies from this guy, and here I am back again so you know what that means. He claims I never mentioned the glue on the ASG pennant “at the time”. Here’s my email to him upon receiving the ASG pennant, back in September.

Can you please do me a favor and stop lying now?

The one thing I’d fix in that email is my giving him the benefit of the doubt that he acquired it this way. I still have no proof otherwise, except that now I wouldn’t trust him for an accurate weather report if we were both standing outside.

thetahat 04-17-2021 04:12 PM

Seriously Rob, just stop lying. I could ask you to produce evidence of me throwing a “hissy fit” when you didn’t accept my offers, but of course you can’t, because I didn’t. Just please ... tell ... the ... truth. You’ll find that life is easier that way. I can start forgetting about your very existence and you can resume pushing fugazi Frankenpennants on unknowing eBayers.

ooo-ribay 04-17-2021 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2093777)
Duplicate post. Deleted

No worries, as long as it gets us toward a million views! :p

I see we did hit the 5000th post. This thread: my greatest lifetime achievement. :p

Fballguy 04-17-2021 05:44 PM

You truly are a lunatic. I referenced the defect in the graphic in my earlier response. Can you please go back and circle where you mentioned "Super Glue". Oh what's that? You meant "glue" not "Super Glue"? Are you lying or did you misremember what you had actually said in the email? In Manco Land is only Greg allowed to misremember? All I remembered was that you complained about something that was visible in the picture.

And here's the fun part. I paid $280 for that pennant. I wouldn't have paid $280 if the paint was hanging off as you theorize it must have been. Then I let you have it for $230 and on top of that I refunded another $50! So by all means, if you want to sell me that beautiful pennant for $180, I'll take it. Where do I send the money?

$180 for a 1960 All Star Game pennant that is in otherwise mint condition and you think I'm ripping you off? Prove it by selling it back to me.

And since we're sharing emails, here's my initial reply in which I so egregiously insulted him...though it's odd he'd be offended by being told he's no longer welcome to buy pennants from someone he considers dishonest. Then again, he continued to buy and/or try to buy my pennants long after the 1960 AS Game sale so who knows how this guy thinks.

By all means send it back. As an FYI...I took the spine and tassels off to soak them in Oxy Clean foam. They were pretty dirty but not damaged so I figured they'd clean up nicely which they did. I thought the spine was reattached pretty cleanly but if you're not satisfied, no worries.

It will probably be easier for both of us if you just don't buy anything from me. Seems you have quite a few issues with me (and others). No offense intended. Hope you understand.

PS...I highly recommend Oxi Clean Foam for cleaning tassels and spines. Works fast and doesn't damage the material at all.

Fballguy 04-17-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 2093945)

I see we did hit the 5000th post. This thread: my greatest lifetime achievement. :p

LOL...I didn't know if the post was too long or if the reference to Trump was filtering it directly to the recycle bin. It didn't show up for an hour and only after I tried a third time at which point all three posted. But happy to help the cause. ;)

thetahat 04-17-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2093954)
You truly are a lunatic. I referenced the defect in the graphic in my earlier response. Can you please go back and circle where you mentioned "Super Glue". Oh what's that? You meant "glue" not "Super Glue"? Are you lying or did you misremember what you had actually said in the email? In Manco Land is only Greg allowed to misremember? All I remembered was that you complained about something that was visible in the picture.

And here's the fun part. I paid $280 for that pennant. I wouldn't have paid $280 if the paint was hanging off as you theorize it must have been. Then I let you have it for $230 and on top of that I refunded another $50! So by all means, if you want to sell me that beautiful pennant for $180, I'll take it. Where do I send the money?

$180 for a 1960 All Star Game pennant that is in otherwise mint condition and you think I'm ripping you off? Prove it by selling it back to me.

And since we're sharing emails, here's my initial reply in which I so egregiously insulted him...though it's odd he'd be offended by being told he's no longer welcome to buy pennants from someone he considers dishonest. Then again, he continued to buy and/or try to buy my pennants long after the 1960 AS Game sale so who knows how this guy thinks.

By all means send it back. As an FYI...I took the spine and tassels off to soak them in Oxy Clean foam. They were pretty dirty but not damaged so I figured they'd clean up nicely which they did. I thought the spine was reattached pretty cleanly but if you're not satisfied, no worries.

It will probably be easier for both of us if you just don't buy anything from me. Seems you have quite a few issues with me (and others). No offense intended. Hope you understand.

PS...I highly recommend Oxi Clean Foam for cleaning tassels and spines. Works fast and doesn't damage the material at all.

Deal. I’ll ABSOLUTELY sell you back the ASG pennant for $180, please add $5 towards shipping, I’ll pay the rest and mail flat. I have it stored in a tub. I was going to sell it soon, but since I actually have integrity, I was going to have to disclose the repair/alteration, thus I was not confident that I would get a good return as a result. So you fixed that for me, thank you. You will surely do much better with it, maybe even get $300-400 or more, since you have clearly demonstrated to be without a conscience and will likely not disclose the issue to potential buyers. And if the buyer actually does bring it to your attention, you can once again pretend not to know about it.

You have my email address, you can send it via PayPal, wait until Monday if you want, I’ll mail on Monday and post the receipt.

Oh and I apologize for not referring to the *type* of glue in my initial email, as if that is relevant, of course I figured you’d do anything but own up to your dishonesty.

Thanks for the purchase,

Greg

P.S. ... If you were so certain upon me buying that altered pennant that I would have an issue with it ... you wrote something about “getting popcorn ready” ... why didn’t you just reach out to me immediately to inform me of what you did to it, let me decide, I would have let you cancel and you could have reposted. You knew full well the shadiness of your own actions, you just hoped someone who didn’t know any better would buy it. Again: we are here right now because you didn’t have the decency to disclose an alteration in a sale. Again: it’s much easier to not be a lowlife.

Fballguy 04-17-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2093912)
This guy thinks I have his eBay ID committed to memory because of one sale 7 months ago? I didn’t even know who “Greg Manco” was until Marc B mentioned the name. I asked who that was and he connected the dots to Net54 for me. That was within the past year. I didn’t even realize it was you this time until I printed the shipping label. Get over yourself. You’re not that important Greg.

And I’d love to hear the “super glue” story. This is news to me. Please share the details. I don’t know what’s weirder. That you didn’t mention it at the time (extremely unbelievable) or that you kept hounding me for more pennants right up until just last week.

And one more note on this...There are numerous people on this forum who can corroborate that the Pennant Almighty has been on my "do not sell" list for months. I'm fine with any of you, if you are so inclined, verifying that. I'd hate for Greg to go on thinking that I lied about not knowing his ebay user ID. :rolleyes:

perezfan 04-17-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 2093945)

5,014 posts, and counting.... and 5,000 of them make for great reading! :rolleyes:

Seriously, it's pretty clear that every collector sees these things differently, and there is no clear cut "right or wrong". I gave my opinion on disclosure, which is just that... an opinion. I tend to suffer from some level of OCD, and that definitely sways my thinking. Other "more normal" people are (I'm sure) have more lenient standards.

Hopefully we can all get along as we have up to this point. In all seriousness, I have really enjoyed trading and dealing with every single person here. This great thread has had an incredible run, and has the most views of any on net54 (including the main card side!) It would be a shame to see it turn negative as a result of this minor bump in the road.

thetahat 04-17-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2093965)
And one more note on this...There are numerous people on this forum who can corroborate that the Pennant Almighty has been on my "do not sell" list for months. I'm fine with any of you, if you are so inclined, verifying that. I'd hate for Greg to go on thinking that I lied about not knowing his ebay user ID. :rolleyes:

I could give a s*** if I was on your “do not sell” list. I’m obviously on that list because you can’t sell me altered pennants without me calling you out on it. I take this as a badge of honor. And of course you could have fixed that by just getting in touch with me right after the sale and, you know, actually being upfront and honest about what you did.

Again, we have a deal on that ASG pennant.

Greg

Fballguy 04-17-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetahat (Post 2093962)
Deal. I’ll ABSOLUTELY sell you back the ASG pennant for $180, please add $5 towards shipping, I’ll pay the rest and mail flat. I have it stored in a tub. I was going to sell it soon, but since I actually have integrity, I was going to have to disclose the repair/alteration, thus I was not confident that I would get a good return as a result. So you fixed that for me, thank you. You will surely do much better with it, maybe even get $300-400 or more, since you have clearly demonstrated to be without a conscience and will likely not disclose the issue to potential buyers. And if the buyer actually does bring it to your attention, you can once again pretend not to know about it.

You have my email address, you can send it via PayPal, wait until Monday if you want, I’ll mail on Monday and post the receipt.

Oh and I apologize for not referring to the *type* of glue in my initial email, as if that is relevant, of course I figured you’d do anything but own up to your dishonesty.

Thanks for the purchase,

Greg

P.S. ... If you were so certain upon me buying that altered pennant that I would have an issue with it ... you wrote something about “getting popcorn ready” ... why didn’t you just reach out to me immediately to inform me of what you did to it, let me decide, I would have let you cancel and you could have reposted. You knew full well the shadiness of your own actions, you just hoped someone who didn’t know any better would buy it. Again: we are here right now because you didn’t have the decency to disclose an alteration in a sale. Again: it’s much easier to not be a lowlife.

My reply to this is going to be so good...but now dinner is ready. Stay tuned.

Greg...You might want to get your popcorn ready.