Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   On the easel... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=117391)

Jay Wolt 12-22-2012 01:05 PM

Graig, that's amazing!
So much content to absorb & admire.
Can't wait to see what you have in store for the new year.

horzverti 12-22-2012 08:28 PM

I think I just awoke from a daydream. I was scrolling down this thread...and then I saw the Lou Gehrig Day piece. I'm not sure how long I was lost in the detail of it. My eyes kept returning to the reflections on the trophies. I had to keep reminding myself that I was viewing a painting. Absolutely stunning Graig! I'd like to see the setting into which this one will be placed.

GKreindler 12-23-2012 02:37 PM

Thanks so much Jay - I hope whatever's in store is a good thing!!

Curt, that's incredibly nice of you to say. Thank you so much! I'm wondering where the Gehrig is gonna be hung myself. It actually wasn't a commission or anything, as my agent wanted it done on spec. No matter where it hangs, I just hope that in the end, it looks the way it should. Which I guess is really up to me. Right now, I won't lie, I just want the thing out of my apartment - it's beyond huge!!

Graig

sdkammeyer 12-23-2012 02:55 PM

Graig,
You are living proof that there is a "Higher Power". You have such an amazing gift.

Truly stunning.

GKreindler 12-23-2012 03:53 PM

Whoa, Steve. Thank you. For serious.

whitehse 12-23-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKreindler (Post 1065882)
Thanks so much Jay - I hope whatever's in store is a good thing!!

Curt, that's incredibly nice of you to say. Thank you so much! I'm wondering where the Gehrig is gonna be hung myself. It actually wasn't a commission or anything, as my agent wanted it done on spec. No matter where it hangs, I just hope that in the end, it looks the way it should. Which I guess is really up to me. Right now, I won't lie, I just want the thing out of my apartment - it's beyond huge!!

Graig

If you need to get rid of it I would be more than happy to provide it a good home. :)

Your work is beyond belief!!

Runscott 12-24-2012 12:01 PM

Graig, I think you are actually getting better (which I thought would be impossible). A lot of the paintings you see of vintage players, just don't quite capture the 'person'. That photo of Ruth shows the same magic that guys like Conlon and Burke possessed - you don't see it often in painters.

GKreindler 12-25-2012 11:20 AM

Thanks a lot, Andrew. If I can't get rid of it, I'll send it right over! :)

Scott, I really appreciate that sentiment. With every single painting, I really do try to make it better than the last. Most times, I don't know how and even then, it can be intangible stuff. But it really is one of the most important things in the world to me when it comes to my work. So, if you think that I've gotten better over the years, for serious, thank you for saying so.

Graig

Lordstan 12-25-2012 01:13 PM

Graig,
It's been a while since we spoke, but you have been one busy beaver!

I like the Ruth, but am blown away by the Young and the Gehrig retirement day paintings.

I must echo Scott, in that you are getting better. I don't know how or why specifically, but you just crank out one masterpiece after another. It has been, and will continue to be, my honor to know you and to watch your evolution and growth.

Just WOW!

Have great holidays and a fantastic new year.
Best,
Mark

bryanshaw 01-02-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdkammeyer (Post 1065888)
Graig,
You are living proof that there is a "Higher Power". You have such an amazing gift.

Truly stunning.

Well said Steve :)

Graig, these are amazing! Very Very impressive.