Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sacramento Sports Collectors Show Saturday March 18 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=236838)

oaks1912 03-14-2017 10:15 AM

Sacramento Sports Collectors Show Saturday March 18

This Saturday (March 18) there will be a sports collectors show at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 5321 Date Avenue (Just off I-80 / Madison) in Sacramento. Show runs from 9 am - 4 pm. The show is one of the better shows in the Central Valley, attracting a growing number of vintage collectors and exhibitors. I will be set up with Alan O'Connor. We'll have a mixture of old and new, PCL and Major League, cards pins and programs. Sacratomato-ites please stop by and say hello.

jimtigers65 03-15-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaks1912 (Post 1641031)
This Saturday (March 18) there will be a sports collectors show at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 5321 Date Avenue (Just off I-80 / Madison) in Sacramento. Show runs from 9 am - 4 pm. The show is one of the better shows in the Central Valley, attracting a growing number of vintage collectors and exhibitors. I will be set up with Alan O'Connor. We'll have a mixture of old and new, PCL and Major League, cards pins and programs. Sacratomato-ites please stop by and say hello.

Mark, see you there. Looking to add a T206 Mullin (throwing) for my Tiger collection.
Jim

mattsey9 03-16-2017 04:15 PM

Hope to make it in the afternoon after my son's Little League game.

Leon 03-19-2017 04:56 PM

Any updates from the show?

mattsey9 03-19-2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1642796)
Any updates from the show?

I made it there around 2 after my son's Little League game. I snagged three high number 34 Goudey cards with Red Rolfe being the highlight from Mark. That puts me at 86/96 for the set. The blue Gehrig is the only star remaining.

I also bought a box of 2017 Heritage for myself and my son Otis found two boxes of 1990 Upper Deck that he wants to open and sort with me to see if he can put together a set.

I was a late arrival so the room was quiet when I was there. Much quieter than normal according to a few dealers I overheard. It was opening day for little league in Sacramento, so maybe everyone had alternative plans for the day. There was at least three tables with pre-war offerings of some sort, and one large multi-table run of high grade 50-60's cards.

Always love attending and can't wait to go to the next one.

DeanH3 03-19-2017 06:39 PM

I was there just after opening (9am) until just after 11:00am. Attendance seemed very strong from my standpoint. Whether they were spending money or not, I don't know. Overall a nice show. It does seem to be picking up steam. Didn't get to spend as much time chatting with Mark as I would have liked. Always a pleasure and always learn something new from him.

stewbacca 03-19-2017 07:07 PM

Hit the show around noon after the wife and I went canoeing on Folsom lake. I usually head straight over to Marks table, but I took a slow look around first. Was able to replace a 1974 topps Winfield that I put a nice gash in when removing it from a PSA holder. For only $8 I was able to get a nice Winfield RC replacement. Then I headed over to Marks table and it is always a history lessons. Just sitting there for a time you can learn so much from Mark and his conversations with the crowd. I was able to pick up a t206 Evers Cubs on jersey and a t206 Bender portrait from Mark. Slowly rebuilding my t206 set by buying the HOFers first.

oaks1912 03-19-2017 07:24 PM

As always the show and the day go really fast. I actually arrived at the hotel a few minutes before the promoter (6:45) , but the tables were already set up, so I grabbed my corner. I was still setting up when the first customer showed up (about 7:30). A few minutes later Alan O'Connor showed up. A steady flow of regular customers and new customers streamed in. Next thing I knew, it was 2:30 and some of the dealers were starting to break down. I did see Jim, Dean, Paul and Mike (returning from a tough loss on the field), and about two dozen 'regulars', which seem to expand at each show. Its a nice facility, close to the freeway with free parking. There is a good selection of material, and a personable group of exhibitors and attendees. Next one is in May, and I'll put a note on the main board.