Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stolen BGS 9.5 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan Rookie Card Serial #0009527212 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=247695)

highgradelegends 11-17-2017 09:55 PM

Stolen BGS 9.5 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan Rookie Card Serial #0009527212

I am a member of CU forums and unfortunately this is my first post here.

I apologize up front for blowing your board with this, but it may help me resolve this problem.

Please pass the word: I had a BGS 9.5 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan Rookie Card w/ Beckett slab Serial #0009527212 (see the pics below) stolen from me by the following person in Canada (see the point of contact info below).

I am presently attempting to recover the item and have legal authorities involved. However, it would help me if anyone spots the card online via Facebook, various sports card forums, ebay, craigslist, etc. to direct the police towards a lead on the location of the item. Or if they are contacted by the person below looking to broker a deal. I won't go into the long background story here, but this was a trade that went bad and I did not vet the thief properly up front...now I am paying the price. 100% my fault for making a poor decision to deal with this low life scum bag, but I will not give up until the situation is resolve (criminally and in the civil realm). I have posted a similar msg on other sports cards collecting sites. The last physical known location of the card was at the address below.

Thief's POC Info:

ANTHON (aka STEPHANE) BLANCHETTE
147 RUE TURCOTTE OUEST
THÉTFORD MINES QUÉBEC
G6G 1G2
Phone: 418-814-9137
Email: momocard@hotmail.ca
Ebay Name: gohabsgo1950 (old account, he likely uses another account)

HGL

Stolen Card Pics:
https://i.imgur.com/j4Mmaqy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AeE5nXpl.jpg

oldjudge 11-17-2017 10:13 PM

This is one side of a story. I don’t think the other person’s personal information should be allowed to be posted here.

highgradelegends 11-18-2017 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 1721303)
This is one side of a story. I don’t think the other person’s personal information should be allowed to be posted here.

He has done this to others and his info is on other boards as well. Warning to all as he is pushing vingate cards as offerings.

All of the above, yes.

He approached me with a this card. Offering a 1 for 1 trade.

https://i.imgur.com/3iFIOGol.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/T2858P4l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4f33cJ3l.jpg

I did some basic checking on him, but not enough. There red flags, but when I saw the "proof of life" picture, I figured we are good.We sent on the same day. Then he sent this fake GMA card (not the PSA card we agreed about) in the box via UPS.

https://i.imgur.com/WixXPyYl.jpg

So yes, 100% fraud. He went silent as soon as I complained about the fraud. I obtained the services of a legal attorney in the area and informed the authorities. However, it would help me if someone discovers this card on the market to expedite its return. I have a mountain of evidence and support, so I am not worried about that.

Additionally, due to the help of the great CU community forum, I have the great help of a honorable Quebec native citizen.

But overall this sucks.

Leon 11-18-2017 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 1721303)

Hey Jay,
I am with you about 99.9% of the time and personal info is generally not allowed to be posted. I think in this situation, with what I have read, we might be ok on this one time. I don't mind talking about and exposing people doing bad things with names, addresses etc..... That said the original poster should post more often on our board. But getting scammed sucks and I hope he gets his card back. The OP's name needs to be out here too.,.,.,and it is.. Alex Ram.thun

bobbyw8469 11-18-2017 08:33 AM

Seems like with this address involved this would be an easy case.

samosa4u 11-18-2017 10:04 AM

Why would you send an $8,000 USD card to someone you don't even know? :confused::confused:

Now I did some research online and it looks like this criminal has been doing this to people for many years. Check out the link below:

http://connexionhck.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&p=109447

On top of page 9, it says the following:

oici quelqu'un qui m'a fait un non-receipt case. Je vous conseille de le bloquer :

rumanovsport

Sent to:
Maurice Lessard

Nad Lessard
497 des Érables
Thetford Mines QC G6G 1H4

Email:
momocard@hotmail.ca

MULLINS5 02-07-2018 10:36 PM

He's currently trying to sell a frosted Gretzky OPC PSA 8 rookie in a FB group.

ngnichols 02-08-2018 08:31 PM

Yeah, doing that level of trade through the mail with someone you don't know is just asking for all sorts of trouble. Not worth the risk, especially with the subs that Jordan has. Holy jeez. That's an exceptional specimen of that card. Not sure why you'd want to trade that thing, but whatever floats your boat. Good luck in nailing this clown.

rats60 02-08-2018 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 1721418)
Why would you send an $8,000 USD card to someone you don't even know? :confused::confused:

Now I did some research online and it looks like this criminal has been doing this to people for many years. Check out the link below:

http://connexionhck.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&p=109447

On top of page 9, it says the following:

oici quelqu'un qui m'a fait un non-receipt case. Je vous conseille de le bloquer :

rumanovsport

Sent to:
Maurice Lessard

Nad Lessard
497 des Érables
Thetford Mines QC G6G 1H4

Email:
momocard@hotmail.ca

Maybe because the Gretzky is worth 30k??? Someone offering a much more expensive should be a red flag.

Aquarian Sports Cards 02-09-2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rats60 (Post 1746424)
Maybe because the Gretzky is worth 30k??? Someone offering a much more expensive should be a red flag.

Yeah but it was from Canada, there are a lot more high grade Gretzkys up there, depressing the local market...

rats60 02-09-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1746464)
Yeah but it was from Canada, there are a lot more high grade Gretzkys up there, depressing the local market...

Why wouldn't they give it to PWCC or REA to sell then?

D. Bergin 02-09-2018 08:33 AM

Doesn't matter the reasons here. Somebody got scammed, due diligence or not. Hope they nail this guy. Real shitty thing to to.

Hopefully all the Grading companies know this guys name to. Probably a pretty good chance the guy's not stupid enough to try and resell in the same holder.

Snapolit1 02-09-2018 08:47 AM

Amazing people carry on this way. I have know plenty of people who would not take a $10,000 loss particularly well and would straighten this guy out real fast. Would look like something out of the Sopranos. Dude is waiting for the bus, car pulls up. 2 or 3 guys get out with baseball bats, very little discussion.

jfkheat 02-09-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1746496)
Amazing people carry on this way. I have know plenty of people who would not take a $10,000 loss particularly well and would straighten this guy out real fast. Would look like something out of the Sopranos. Dude is waiting for the bas, car pulls up. 2 or 3 guys get out with baseball bats, very little discussion.

The OP showed up at the scammers house and confronted him. There is a long thread on the CU forum.
James

conor912 02-09-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 1746502)
The OP showed up at the scammers house and confronted him. There is a long thread on the CU forum.
James

Link?

joshuanip 02-09-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor912 (Post 1746504)
Link?

+1, popcorn in hand. I hope they put that guy away!

WWG 02-09-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor912 (Post 1746504)
Link?

https://forums.collectors.com/discus...on-the-lookout

Aquarian Sports Cards 02-09-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rats60 (Post 1746483)
Why wouldn't they give it to PWCC or REA to sell then?

It was a joke.

KMayUSA6060 02-09-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULLINS5 (Post 1746126)
He's currently trying to sell a frosted Gretzky OPC PSA 8 rookie in a FB group.

The thief or the OP?

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 02-09-2018 11:04 AM

Such a shame there are people out there like this. I wish penalties were so much more severe than they are to keep people from committing these acts.

I'm not wired that way, and couldn't even imagine taking someone for $50 forget about $9k!

Ugh sorry man.

Bored5000 02-09-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rats60 (Post 1746424)

Agree with that completely. No one deserves to get ripped off, and I hope the OP gets made whole with this transaction. But someone offering to trade a $25-30K card for a $9K card straight up is pretty sketchy.

pokerplyr80 02-09-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bored5000 (Post 1746530)
Agree with that completely. No one deserves to get ripped off, and I hope the OP gets made whole with this transaction. But someone offering to trade a $25-30K card for a $9K card straight up is pretty sketchy.

Yea I agree. In a case like this it would be easy to suggest using an escrow company or a mutually agreed upon middleman. If it's a scam you will quickly see the other party make up a ridiculous excuse, or stop responding all together. Even if the trade wasn't so obviously one sided it's always smart to take precautions.

KingFisk 02-09-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWG (Post 1746511)

Wow, HGL's post describing the confrontation was seriously riveting. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

maximus35 02-09-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1721333)
Hey Jay,
I am with you about 99.9% of the time and personal info is generally not allowed to be posted. I think in this situation, with what I have read, we might be ok on this one time. I don't mind talking about and exposing people doing bad things with names, addresses etc..... That said the original poster should post more often on our board. But getting scammed sucks and I hope he gets his card back. The OP's name needs to be out here too.,.,.,and it is.. Alex Ram.thun

I’m with Leon on this one. Normally I don’t think it’s cool to post someone’s personal info without fully hearing both sides of the story. In this case I think the OP did the right thing. Call this slapd*ck out with all his personal info. Seems like he’s been ripping people off for so long it’s time somebody put a stop to it. Stories like this really upset me. We all work hard for our $ and have such a passion for the cards we own. Nobody wants a con artist to screw ya over.
To the OP, I hope you catch this guy. Did u email PSA/SGC/BGS and warn them just to cover all your basis? I wouldn’t be surprised if he cracked the card out and resubmitted it to get a new holder with new seriel #. Then your card will be impossible to locate. I put my initials with a permanent marker on the back of all my cards before submitting them. That way if anything happens I knw if it’s my card or not. FYI to all the guys that are about to freak out bout me initially my cards it was only a joke!

Roulette44 02-09-2018 08:13 PM

Hope the find this scum and bury him underneath the jail!

Jason 02-10-2018 07:07 AM

The story in the link is completely insane lol. Stake out the place? Come back after dark? I know he is a scamming POS but just knock on the guys door:D

samosa4u 02-10-2018 09:13 AM

Reading stuff like this just goes to show you what a joke the Canadian criminal justice system is. If I were to get caught stealing some toothpaste in a shopping mall, the mall security would take me upstairs and hold me for the police. The police would then show up and take me away immediately. At the station, I would be questioned, fingerprinted and probably not be allowed to go home. I would also have to appear before a judge.

Now here is a POS stealing thousands and thousands of dollars worth of sports cards, which he keeps in his own garage, and yet he doesn't have to worry about a damn thing. The Christmas decorations are up and he's just sitting in his home plotting his next move - what the hell is this? :confused::confused::eek:

pokerplyr80 02-10-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 1746770)
Reading stuff like this just goes to show you what a joke the Canadian criminal justice system is. If I were to get caught stealing some toothpaste in a shopping mall, the mall security would take me upstairs and hold me for the police. The police would then show up and take me away immediately. At the station, I would be questioned, fingerprinted and probably not be allowed to go home. I would also have to appear before a judge.

Now here is a POS stealing thousands and thousands of dollars worth of sports cards, which he keeps in his own garage, and yet he doesn't have to worry about a damn thing. The Christmas decorations are up and he's just sitting in his home plotting his next move - what the hell is this? :confused::confused::eek:

The guy didn't get caught stealing. Someone told the police he stole a card. There is a big difference. I'm not sure how different the result would be here. How do you prove you didn't receive the correct card? Maybe if you video taped receiving the package and opening it there would be evidence. Hopefully the others who have been scammed reported this guy as well and an investigation can stop him.

Jim F 02-12-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 1746770)

This whole post is pretty much nonsense

packs 02-12-2018 08:42 AM

No judge is going to issue someone be held in jail for petty theft unless that person has a warrant. In most cases you wouldn't even go to the police station. You'd be handed an appearance ticket and be on your way.

1952boyntoncollector 02-13-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bored5000 (Post 1746530)

right it makes the victim less sympathetic. I guess if you do that 3 times and one time its legit you make your money back though for for to be a 'legit' deal you would probably be taking advantage of someone to do the 9k to get a 30k deal..

The crook though still deserves to be punished..

All of these ponzi schemes involve victims who thought they would make 15% on their money risk free.....they are also less sympathetic but the ponzi schemer needs to be punished.

Jim65 02-13-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnichols (Post 1746400)
Yeah, doing that level of trade through the mail with someone you don't know is just asking for all sorts of trouble. Not worth the risk, especially with the subs that Jordan has. Holy jeez. That's an exceptional specimen of that card. Not sure why you'd want to trade that thing, but whatever floats your boat. Good luck in nailing this clown.

Thieves look for someone with right amount of greed to cloud their judgement.

If it looks to good to be true....

npa589 02-15-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingFisk (Post 1746624)
Wow, HGL's post describing the confrontation was seriously riveting. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

+1