Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I finally have job, not quite ready to be back on the board yet. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=255380)

Howe’s Hunter 05-22-2018 04:24 PM

I finally have job, not quite ready to be back on the board yet.

First off, thanks to all the board members for the words of encouragement, job leads and moral support in the 11 months, one week and six days since I lost my job (not that I’ve been counting those days). As of noon today, I have a job to go to tomorrow morning in the marketing department of a local company that has potential for my growth with them.

Special thanks to Scott (MyBuddyInc) and John Rafferty for acquiring cards with Howe’s stamp on the back and holding them for me until I could start to pay them back. Hopefully that will start in a couple weeks when I get my first check.

Great day, but then this. Pete G sent me a link to a Cobb/Bat Off Shoulder on eBay with Howe’s stamp. Told my wife it was a sign things were going to be so much better that we should buy it. I thought that was funny, she didn’t see the humor. This is the fourth Cobb I’ve seen with the stamp, good to add to the database, but will never be owned by me.

Again, thanks for all the good wishes and help keeping the rebuilding of Howe’s collection going during this tough past year. Members of this board are the greatest.

Rookiemonster 05-22-2018 04:33 PM

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS! I’ve been out of a job for a little bit as well. Just getting back into the swing of things. Good luck ! And hope you also enjoy your new job.

edjs 05-22-2018 04:33 PM

We missed you!

Leon 05-22-2018 04:34 PM

Good luck getting back into collecting, Ed. I know the feeling. There were a few cards I would have loved to have, in recent auctions, but then there's the bills and other obligations.

nebboy 05-22-2018 04:43 PM

Congrats on the new job - from another guy stuck in Omaha

Forever Young 05-22-2018 04:50 PM

Ahhh Omaha- My old stomping grounds in college(Creighton)

Welcome back. You ever get to TUVA? If so, say hi to Herbie for me!

Jason 05-22-2018 05:03 PM

Glad to see you in good spirits. Its a really cool, interesting T206 Subset with the Howe stamp. Great to see it will resume.

swarmee 05-22-2018 07:24 PM

Congrats! Glad to hear the tide has turned for the better.

brass_rat 05-22-2018 07:39 PM

That's great to hear, congrats!

Vintagecatcher 05-22-2018 08:26 PM

Congrats Ed!

Congrats Ed!

Best of luck on your new job.

Looking forward to your future posts!

Patrick

Jobu 05-22-2018 08:27 PM

Congrats!

Luke 05-23-2018 12:35 AM

Good to hear from you Ed. We all have tons of cards we will likely never own. Wishing you the best with your new job!

Rickyy 05-23-2018 01:29 AM

Congrats! Onwards and Upwards!

Ricky Y

wolf441 05-23-2018 05:35 AM

Congratulations Ed and best of luck with the new job!! It will be nice to see the Howe cards make their way back to join their "family"!! :D

Best,

Steve

KMayUSA6060 05-23-2018 06:15 AM

I always try and remember that everything happens for a reason. Glad to see you landed on your feet and are pushing forward! Congrats on landing a new job.

ValKehl 05-23-2018 08:58 AM

Ed, congrats on the new job. And, its great to learn that you will be again adding to your H.M. collection. I think your collecting focus is really neat, and I have always look forward to your posts in which you show new additions to your collection.

mybuddyinc 05-23-2018 10:00 AM

Ed,

Great news !!

A "local company," you won't have to change your net54 name !!

Glad to help with Howe. You don't owe me anything. Just knowing I helped add to such a unique collection is reward enough for me.

Fun stuff, Scott :rolleyes:

JustinD 05-23-2018 11:10 AM

Been there before, congrats on the new path in life and best wishes for success!

If it's good news, there are several Howe Cobbs on eBay I saw including a Red and a Bat on. Both have cello tape top and bottom and may be had for a good price when times get better!

Howe’s Hunter 05-25-2018 11:59 AM

They didn’t last long ... (the cards, that is. Not the job)

I reached out earlier this week to the seller of the two Cobb cards, telling him of my interest but that I wouldn’t be bidding. Eventually over the course of the email exchange, he asked if he should be asking more because of the stamp on the back. Told him no, really no one else in the world would care about the stamp other than me, and my guess was they were priced rather fairly. (I haven’t purchased a HoFer for several years, and not a Cobb in more than 20 years).

But noticed today my watch list on eBay is now empty and that he sold them for best offer. Had asked that when they sold he might pass on to me either the purchasers name and contact or if he might pass on a message from me so I could teach these two in my data base. Will just now wait to see if either of those happen.

Again thanks to everyone in the board for the support while jobless and the well wishes since Tuesday. I really appreciate it.