Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT- eBay/paypal question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=142758)

vintagerookies51 10-18-2011 04:59 PM

OT- eBay/paypal question

I've been trying to purchase an item that a seller's been holding for me. I have plenty of money to do the transaction, but it won't let me use some of the paypal money...? I've sold thousands of dollars of cards on eBay with 100 % feedback and paypal says I will not be able to use that money until the buyer leaves feedback or after 21 days. This is such a hassle because I'm trying to purchase a card that I have enough money for, but it simply won't let me!

Has this ever happened to anyone? If so, what did you have to do? Wait for the buyer to leave feedback for you or did you have to wait 3 weeks? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

glchen 10-18-2011 05:20 PM

I've never seen this before, but I'm guessing that you don't have a confirmed Bank account linked to your paypal account. Therefore paypal is requiring that you have funds available in your paypal account in case items that you sold are "returned" via an ebay/paypal case, and paypal needs to do a chargeback against your account.

Jason 10-18-2011 05:27 PM

I had the same restrictions when I was a new Ebay User.

rainier2004 10-18-2011 05:50 PM

I have the same restrictions and Ive been on ebay for 9 yrs, 100% posive fb both buy/sell and a confirmed bank account....try again.

vintagerookies51 10-18-2011 06:17 PM

So in your experience, did you have to wait 21 days or just until your buyers left feedback?

Fred 10-18-2011 10:12 PM

Ok, what's really the problem here? This is fleabay and paypal, what else would/could you expect? :confused::p

GemMintAuctions 10-19-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainier2004 (Post 932800)
I have the same restrictions and Ive been on ebay for 9 yrs, 100% posive fb both buy/sell and a confirmed bank account....try again.

They hold funds at their discretion on any and all payments you receive when they "believe" there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your account or any of your transactions according to their policy. I've read that they use some computer algorithm to determine the risk involved in each transaction, but I'm not sure about that.

Jason 10-19-2011 02:11 PM

With me it was either/or.Once feedback was received or 21 days went by they released the money in about an hour usually.On a side note it took me 90 days of honest transactions to have the limitations removed.

Runscott 10-19-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GemMintAuctions (Post 933004)
They hold funds at their discretion on any and all payments you receive when they "believe" there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your account or any of your transactions according to their policy. I've read that they use some computer algorithm to determine the risk involved in each transaction, but I'm not sure about that.

Yep. Nine days ago I bought something form a zero-feedback seller, using Paypal. Paypal told me they were holding the funds until the seller either sent the item or returned my money. I know that a seller doesn't have to ship until he's paid, so it's sort of a catch-22. Ebay and Paypal trying to protect people and not having a clue what they are doing.