Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Odd, no? And for charity? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240813)

Snapolit1 06-08-2017 08:05 PM

Odd, no? And for charity?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Ty...cAAOSwuxFY2IS2

Aquarian Sports Cards 06-08-2017 08:39 PM

who the hell is GSA?

RichardSimon 06-09-2017 05:56 AM

My high bid would be nine cents and even at that level it would be a reluctant bid.

bnorth 06-09-2017 12:58 PM

Their choice of charities is a good one.

Sadly most people that try to sell you something using a charity or religion are the type that leave a residue on you. They make you feel like you need a shower afterwards. I avoid both types of sellers like they have the plague because to me those are BIG RED FLAGS they are scammers.

RichardSimon 06-10-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1669400)
Their choice of charities is a good one.

Sadly most people that try to sell you something using a charity or religion are the type that leave a residue on you. They make you feel like you need a shower afterwards. I avoid both types of sellers like they have the plague because to me those are BIG RED FLAGS they are scammers.

Almost to a 100% certainty.

RichardSimon 06-10-2017 01:47 PM

And just look at the rest of that sellers list.
A CC clone list.

thetruthisoutthere 06-10-2017 05:06 PM

Ebay Seller GoldenHeritageAuctions Forged Signed Babe Ruth

3 Attachment(s)
Look at this crap from Ebay seller Goldenheritageauctions.

Attachment 276135

Attachment 276136

Attachment 276137

steve B 06-10-2017 06:11 PM

Ty did pretty well with the calligraphy marker. Didn't think that was one of his talents.

At least the Griffith has what looks like a real T206 with it, even if it is in poor condition. Making it the only one of those items with any actual value.

Steve B

Forever Young 06-10-2017 06:21 PM

So they took parts of auction house names as well as subgrade/known authentication. Crooks

RichardSimon 06-10-2017 07:56 PM

A few years ago, ebay used to pretend to care. There was a team that could remove bogus crap by just reporting it to John Gonzalez. A few Net54 members were on the team. Then the team was disbanded and John was let go.
The team and John were costing ebay too much money was the way they saw it. The fact that they were doing great long term damage to the autograph hobby did not matter to ebay at all.
Short term profit was all that mattered to them.
The great disease of some of corporate America.

thetruthisoutthere 06-10-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1669797)
A few years ago, ebay used to pretend to care. There was a team that could remove bogus crap by just reporting it to John Gonzalez. A few Net54 members were on the team. Then the team was disbanded and John was let go.
The team and John were costing ebay too much money was the way they saw it. The fact that they were doing great long term damage to the autograph hobby did not matter to ebay at all.
Short term profit was all that mattered to them.
The great disease of some of corporate America.

In my opinion, EBay encourages the listing and selling of forgeries by taking no action to remove them.

During the last month I "Reported" over 50 auctions (forgeries) and not one was removed.

swarmee 06-10-2017 08:35 PM

Well, I'll report these for keyword spamming because most of the listings have nothing to do with Babe Ruth.

RichardSimon 06-10-2017 09:19 PM

Private listings on his autographs and this guy was selling herbal dental supplies throughout his prior sales feedback list.
This is a classic ebay scammer.
This is the type of seller that used to be easy to remove.

tcornett 06-11-2017 07:05 AM

All the way at the bottom of the listing after having a lot of black space in small type -

"This item is GSA Certified Authentic, and is not guaranteed to pass PSA, JSA, Beckett, or any non-GSA certification"

They might as well just say "we are selling you something that is not authentic"!

RichardSimon 06-11-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcornett (Post 1669847)
All the way at the bottom of the listing after having a lot of black space in small type -

"This item is GSA Certified Authentic, and is not guaranteed to pass PSA, JSA, Beckett, or any non-GSA certification"

They might as well just say "we are selling you something that is not authentic"!

+1,, just another ebay scumbag.

RichardSimon 06-11-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1669210)
who the hell is GSA?

If you don't know you are better off not knowing :D.

RichardSimon 06-11-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1669802)
In my opinion, EBay encourages the listing and selling of forgeries by taking no action to remove them.

During the last month I "Reported" over 50 auctions (forgeries) and not one was removed.

Not like the old days Chris,, reporting meant something then.
I get so aggravated over this sh--. I should take the Stinson route and just sit around and make cat videos :).

RichardSimon 06-12-2017 08:42 AM

And this sh-- from the OP sold for $1000.
$1000 for a few worthless pieces of paper.
Someone out there has more money than brains.

Leon 06-12-2017 08:48 AM

I actually have a fraud contact now. But he is approx. 1 guy doing it all :). He is working on putting another team (like John was) in place. But like anything else at ebay, it takes way too much time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1669852)
I get so aggravated over this sh--. I should take the Stinson route and just sit around and make cat videos :).

thetruthisoutthere 06-12-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1669852)

Yes, Rich, those days are long gone.

D. Bergin 06-12-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcornett (Post 1669847)

Oh Wow, I just zipped right by that the first time. Was wondering why there was so much dead space in the auction listing.

:rolleyes: