Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Net 54 Secret Santa's Back - Are you in? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=275935)

davidan 12-26-2019 02:45 PM

Santa has been to my house!!!! How fun :)

https://i.imgur.com/GveexNT.jpg

x2drich2000 12-26-2019 03:33 PM

Sorry no pics, but my SS brought me a nice large poster of a T206 Young portrait as well as a wooden storage box for graded cards. My wife was especially happy to see the storage box so she is now hopeful I'll get the random stacks of cards cleaned up :D

vthobby 12-26-2019 05:39 PM

Thanks Tony!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunzio11 (Post 1941746)
Thank you to my Not so Secret Santa! Some really cool Jeter and Ripken oddballs and rookies. Joe Cronin butterfinger and a 60s hockey auto. The Loyola College Card was a great throw in, I live 5 minutes from campus and drive by everyday on the way to work. Thanks Mike and Merry Christmas to all.

I was wondering about the "Secret" part when we can all see whom the package is from! lol PS I KNEW that Loyola card was going to go over well! That was cool to find that in my stuff and pass it on to my not so secret recipient!! :)

Peace, Mike :)

GoCubsGo32 12-26-2019 07:50 PM

Thank you NET54 Secret Santa! Nailed it! l Love my gifts! Thank you so much!! Pics to come :)

chalupacollects 01-02-2020 06:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Posting Santa stash late but here goes! I may have been catfished!!! Thanks Santa!!! lol
Attachment 379170 Attachment 379171 ATTACH]379172[/ATTACH]

bnorth 01-02-2020 07:27 AM

Great stuff everyone. Anybody else left to post their cool SS gift?

uyu906 01-02-2020 01:31 PM

SS

I will be happy to post it, when and if I ever get it. :(

Rich

bnorth 01-02-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uyu906 (Post 1943783)
I will be happy to post it, when and if I ever get it. :(

Rich

Has it been determined if it is a deadbeat(hopefully not) or if it is just lost in the mail?

uyu906 01-02-2020 02:00 PM

SS

Our Secret Santa organizer, Patrick, is still looking into the matter at this time to try to determine what happened.

Rich

SMPEP 01-02-2020 02:03 PM

Hi Ben (and others),

I was going to provide a public update in the next couple of days but since the question has been asked ...

To my knowledge, the Secret Santa was a success outside of the missing package to Rich Saylor. (Sorry Rich!)

I still have not been able to contact his Secret Santa to see where the error occurred (Did he not send it? Did I accidentally give him the wrong name? Did the post office lose it?).

I will offer that his Santa is someone I have participated in other Secret Santa exchanges with in the past - so I suspect this is an honest error and not a deadbeat issue. Knowing this person to a small degree, I also recall the person was not around for the holidays last year so I was going to give him until Jan 3rd or 4th to get in touch with me.

I will provide a public update when this has been resolved.

Thanks to all who participated! I can honestly say ... I would have enjoyed getting more than one of those packages!!!
Patrick

brianp-beme 01-02-2020 02:11 PM

I have made the connection...Frank has been AWOL from posting on Net54, and this package has not made its way to its recipient.

Thus Frank is Deadbeat Santa!

Brian

uyu906 01-04-2020 10:32 AM

Frank, I am still waiting . . . . ;)

Rich

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 1943797)
I have made the connection...Frank has been AWOL from posting on Net54, and this package has not made its way to its recipient.

Thus Frank is Deadbeat Santa!

Brian

Leon 01-04-2020 10:44 AM

This was a great success folks. Thanks so much to Pat for doing it. All who enjoyed it owe him a small debt of gratitude, imo. It helped the forum to bring members a bit closer and have some fun. And for that I too am appreciative. Pat gets a T shirt whenever more are made. And that will hopefully be soon...

Now about Dr. Frank and the missing SS... :)

pawpawdiv9 01-05-2020 01:39 PM

i want to just thank SMPEP for doing this and many are busy during the holidays. This makes it just more special getting something from someone whom collects and shares the joyfullness in card collecting.
And heres a funny special video:
https://youtu.be/t6Thx2O2P24

kmac32 01-07-2020 05:54 PM

Patrick did an awesome job with this. Hopefully this tradition will continue. Loved what I got and my giftee seemed to like what he got. It was all about the giving and great job of setting it up.

SMPEP 01-13-2020 11:48 AM

So as a final update to this thread -

The bad news is that Rich Saylor never received his Secret Santa present from Sean Schuettpelz - and what's worse is that I have been trying to contact Sean via PM, email, home phone and cell phone since Dec 26th. Sean has not responded to any of my attempts to contact him - so I am just shining the light on this so everyone is aware.

The GREAT news is that Ben North was a more than awesome board member. Ben took initiative and sent Rich a Secret Santa present - even though he wasn't even in the exchange.

THANK YOU BEN!!!! I think it was really generous of you to do this!!!
Patrick

uyu906 01-13-2020 06:51 PM

SS

Thanks Patrick for trying to get to the bottom of this whole deadbeat Secret Santa fiasco. It is unfortunate that someone, Patrick has identified him in the email above, decided to reap the benefits of Secret Santa and put no effort into the giving part of Secret Santa. I recommend that everyone take note of his name, and remember that he could not be trusted to deliver on a Christmas promise when considering doing deals with him in the future.

It really stunk to look forward to the mail during the holiday season to see when my Secret Santa present would arrive, and it never showing up. I agreed with Patrick that we should give him until January 6 (ironically my birthday) to get back from holiday travelling to make things right. His total lack of response to Patrick speaks volumes, as my patience with him was not rewarded.

Surprisingly, this is the second time I have been burned by receiving nothing in a baseball card Secret Santa. The first time being on the old Collectors Universe Board. I guess I am just unlucky. . . .

I would like to thank Ben North publicly for reaching out to me to send two Baltimore Orioles error cards to me from Score in the 1980s. I am mostly a vintage collector, but my favorite team is the Orioles, and I certainly did appreciate this kind act from someone I did not know! Thanks again Ben -

Rich Saylor
https://richsbaseball.webs.com/
Always looking for honest trading partners.

uyu906 01-18-2020 12:44 PM

A couple of people have asked me what deadbeat Secret Santa's Net54 name is. It is Highstep74

Again, he never sent me anything for Secret Santa, nor has he ever replied from to any questions from the organizer of the Secret Santa exchange.

I would avoid him like the plague from here on out!

SMPEP 01-19-2020 11:28 AM

Rich is correct - the user's name is highstep74.

With that said, I will note that in this thread he indicated that he sent an envelope.

But repeated attempts to contact him via PM, his personal email, his home phone (which did not identify him or record messages) and cell phone (which did not identify him or record messages) were unsuccessful. So I was unable to confirm that he sent the item, or to who and where he sent the item.

Patrick

uyu906 01-23-2020 10:47 AM

Anonymous Secret Santa delivers!

1 Attachment(s)
I want to thank an anonymous Secret Santa who sent me two very cool cards to try to brighten my mood from being stiffed by my original Secret Santa at Christmas. Whoever you are, I really appreciated your kind thoughts and generosity!

chalupacollects 01-23-2020 01:37 PM

cool!

SMPEP 01-23-2020 01:52 PM

Anonymous Santa - YOU ROCK!

Thank you!
Patrick

uyu906 01-25-2020 06:01 PM

Thanks Patrick!

Thanks go out today to Patrick for two hits to my wantlist as a very nice after Christmas SS surprise. I really appreciated it Patrick!

Rich