Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Hockey / Basketball / Tennis Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My Bobby Orr "Stuff" (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244589)

jb217676 09-05-2017 09:00 PM

My Bobby Orr "Stuff"
 
Dale, here's what I've been able to put together for Orr in the last couple of years:

http://imageevent.com/jeffintoronto/...tt8p1cr1.cat_s

If you guys have anything you think I might be interested in adding to the collection shoot me a PM!

Peter_Spaeth 09-05-2017 10:36 PM

Completely unimpressive, Jeff. :D;):eek:

yankeesjetsfan 09-06-2017 11:15 AM

Wow, what an awesome Orr collection. I actually never knew he was a Blackhawk at the end of his career. I always assumed he was a Bruin for his whole career.

Mike

CW 09-06-2017 11:59 AM

Impressive! Thanks for sharing.

Peter_Spaeth 09-06-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeesjetsfan (Post 1698354)
Wow, what an awesome Orr collection. I actually never knew he was a Blackhawk at the end of his career. I always assumed he was a Bruin for his whole career.

Mike

That wasn't Bobby Orr, it was some other guy named Orr with ravaged knees.

steve B 09-06-2017 03:50 PM

And he was still a pretty decent player even with bad knees.

Peter_Spaeth 09-06-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1698479)
And he was still a pretty decent player even with bad knees.

I thought he only played a few games in Chicago and then retired.

irv 09-06-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb217676 (Post 1698180)
Dale, here's what I've been able to put together for Orr in the last couple of years:

http://imageevent.com/jeffintoronto/...tt8p1cr1.cat_s

If you guys have anything you think I might be interested in adding to the collection shoot me a PM!

Incredible collection, Jeff!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Stampsfan 09-15-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1698506)
I thought he only played a few games in Chicago and then retired.

He did only play in 20 games, and might have even missed a year too, I think. From what I recall, when the Bruins wouldn't commit to Orr, Chicago stepped up with a $500,000 per year offer, which may have been the largest annual contract at the time.

Of course, I was a kid then, and that was a long time ago... ;)

Butch7999 09-15-2017 06:47 PM

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/o/orrbo01.html
________________________________________________


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.