Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   SGC picked up my package at the post office? SGC offices currently closed? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=258549)

luciobar1980 08-12-2018 10:00 AM

SGC picked up my package at the post office? SGC offices currently closed?

Hey guys, SGC picked up my package/submission from the post office on Tuesday. Is that unusual? Delivery was attempted the same day and then picked up. It still hasn’t been logged into the system so I’m getting paranoid.

Leon 08-12-2018 10:59 AM

I don't think it's too unusual. Just call them on Monday and ask what is going on with it. I have seen packages delivered and signed for many different ways.

Peter_Spaeth 08-12-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 (Post 1803035)
Hey guys, SGC picked up my package/submission from the post office on Tuesday. Is that unusual? Delivery was attempted the same day and then picked up. It still hasn’t been logged into the system so I’m getting paranoid.

My guess is nobody was there when they attempted delivery (early AM perhaps), so they went to pick it up. I would not worry at all. It can take a few days to log in and they are likely backed up from missing 5 days at the show.

luciobar1980 08-13-2018 06:00 PM

Hmm, so the SGC offices are closed right now? Because of the various shows?

Peter_Spaeth 08-13-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 (Post 1803493)
Hmm, so the SGC offices are closed right now? Because of the various shows?

I doubt it, they might not get there first thing in the AM though and maybe that's when their mail comes. It will be fine.

Lorewalker 08-13-2018 09:19 PM

I have been under the impression the address to which submissions are sent is a mail box center and not SGC's physical address where the cards are graded. Rather than posting into a vacuum it might make sense to phone them, as was suggested.

No disrespect to the OP but I never understood why people post issues like this on chat boards rather than going directly to the company with whom they have a question. Seems far more efficient.

luciobar1980 08-13-2018 11:18 PM

That’s actually what I did. Should have mentioned that. I called them and I get their voicemail which says their office is closed. This was today around 10am eastern time.

Peter_Spaeth 08-19-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorewalker (Post 1803581)
I have been under the impression the address to which submissions are sent is a mail box center and not SGC's physical address where the cards are graded. Rather than posting into a vacuum it might make sense to phone them, as was suggested.

No disrespect to the OP but I never understood why people post issues like this on chat boards rather than going directly to the company with whom they have a question. Seems far more efficient.

That doesn't sound right to me since those places are always open during business hours to take deliveries, whereas on at least a couple of occasions cards I have sent to SGC have had notices left and been picked up later or the next day at the PO. But I don't know for sure.

Lorewalker 08-19-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1805314)
That doesn't sound right to me since those places are always open during business hours to take deliveries, whereas on at least a couple of occasions cards I have sent to SGC have had notices left and been picked up later or the next day at the PO. But I don't know for sure.

You could be right but in a recent conversation with someone at SGC I was told they pick up packages 2 times a day which suggested to me their shipping addy is not the same as the grading addy. It was not an issue to me so I did not pay further attention to it.