Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Greg Morris Marketplace T206 Auction ending 4pm PST today!!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=348132)

GMC Drew 04-06-2024 11:27 AM

Greg Morris Marketplace T206 Auction ending 4pm PST today!!!

Hello all,

My name is Drew I work for Greg Morris Cards. As you may have seen, we have launched an auction via www.GregMorrisMarketPlace.com. I would love to hear feedback on our new website.

There is a partial T206 set ending this sunday with is no buyers premium and no extended bidding. Thanks for your time.

cgjackson222 04-06-2024 04:23 PM

I like the website and the fact there is no buyer's premium. Very straightforward.

But I couldn't find a "Terms" area of the website. I'd like to know, for example, which states you charge sales tax in.

rdwyer 04-06-2024 05:09 PM

Lots of T206's! :)

GMC Drew 04-06-2024 05:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback!!!

I do see that needs to be more visible to the user. For this reference the tax you will be charged is the sales tax for the state you are buying from. Thanks!

Flintboy 04-06-2024 09:18 PM

Is GMC getting tired of the eBay nonsense and starting the transition to a non eBay platform?

GMC Drew 04-07-2024 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintboy (Post 2424979)
Is GMC getting tired of the eBay nonsense and starting the transition to a non eBay platform?

We are selling on both platforms. We wanted to create GMM to be as relatable to the everyday collector as possible. Our T206 auction is ending at 4pm PST don't miss our on some great items!!!

Our next auction starts today and will include a 1953 PSA graded set.

CardPadre 04-07-2024 06:12 PM

Holy shit. Whatever auction software this is, it is very problematic...it changes your pending max bid before you confirm it (it can both lower it or raise it without your consent as you are going to confirm it) if a bid is made by another bidder. Really terrible unless it's by design, which I cannot imagine.

GMC Drew 04-07-2024 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardPadre (Post 2425157)
Holy shit. Whatever auction software this is, it is very problematic...it changes your pending max bid before you confirm it (it can both lower it or raise it without your consent as you are going to confirm it) if a bid is made by another bidder. Really terrible unless it's by design, which I cannot imagine.

Thanks for the feedback. Can please help me understand your problem so we can fix this issue that would be super helpful. Would you be able to email me at drew@gregmorriscards.com. As this is a customer software we would like to make sure we are delivering the best product possible.

mordecaibrown 04-07-2024 06:46 PM

Software is a Disaster

Tried to put a max bid in at the end of countdown clock. Bid was accepted because I can see my name as an underbidder. However, final sale price is $30 less than my max bid. It appears it took my bid but didn’t keep bidding to my max. Happened on two separate cards - same situation.

Had same other issues as other member listed. Software is a mess. I stopped bidding.

CardPadre 04-07-2024 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mordecaibrown (Post 2425167)
Tried to put a max bid in at the end of countdown clock. Bid was accepted because I can see my name as an underbidder. However, final sale price is $30 less than my max bid. It appears it took my bid but didn’t keep bidding to my max. Happened on two separate cards - same situation.

Had same other issues as other member listed. Software is a mess. I stopped bidding.

Yeah, that's exactly what it 'seems' is happening when you first encounter it. But actually the max bid you intended to enter never gets entered because it is changed by the software as you're going to hit "confirm" if another bidder enters a bid.

I did email Drew a video of it happening.

Natedog 04-07-2024 07:05 PM

I put in a max bid on a card that was WAAAYYY over the current bid, but when I confirmed it, it's almost like it didn't even recognize the bid. I would have won the auction by a landslide. Very strange. Not sure what happened there, but it looks like I'm not the only one having issues with the bidding.

GMC Drew 04-07-2024 07:07 PM

Quote:

Sending your a direct message now. Thank you for your feedback.

CardPadre 04-07-2024 07:14 PM

Greg Morris Marketplace T206 Auction ending 4pm PST today!!!

Here’s a screenshot from my video. With 6 seconds left I have a pending max bid of $55. Then before I can hit confirm, with 5 seconds left on this item, the software reduces my pending bid to one increment over the newly placed bid.

And it can raise it too if the recent bid is beyond the max bid you had queued up!!!! Not just lower it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9371da2154.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...90736adf66.jpg

GMC Drew 04-07-2024 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 2425173)
I put in a max bid on a card that was WAAAYYY over the current bid, but when I confirmed it, it's almost like it didn't even recognize the bid. I would have won the auction by a landslide. Very strange. Not sure what happened there, but it looks like I'm not the only one having issues with the bidding.

Thank you Anthony! We appreciate the feedback. Due to you and the other users having the problem we have been able to fix the issue. We strive to make this the best auction software possible and really value everyones feedback.

GMC Drew 04-07-2024 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardPadre (Post 2425175)
Here’s a screenshot from my video. With 6 seconds left I have a pending max bid of $55. Then before I can hit confirm, with 5 seconds left on this item, the software reduces my pending bid to one increment over the newly placed bid.

And it can raise it too if the recent bid is beyond the max bid you had queued up!!!! Not just lower it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9371da2154.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...90736adf66.jpg

Thank you so much for the helpful screenshots. Refresh your pages we have fixed the bug.

CardPadre 04-07-2024 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMC Drew (Post 2425177)
Thank you so much for the helpful screenshots. Refresh your pages we have fixed the bug.

It does look like it's fixed but....ooof, some people lost out on some cards they were trying their best to win.

GMC Drew 04-07-2024 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardPadre (Post 2425178)
It does look like it's fixed but....ooof, some people lost out on some cards they were trying their best to win.

\\Make sure to refresh your page. or click the link here to auto refresh software.

https://www.gregmorrismarketplace.com/marketplace

perezfan 04-07-2024 08:57 PM

NM

perezfan 04-07-2024 08:58 PM

Where can you find the items you previously bid on? I am logged in, but it's impossible to tell whether I won or lost. Please help.

CardPadre 04-07-2024 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2425187)
Where can you find the items you previously bid on? I am logged in, but it's impossible to tell whether I won or lost. Please help.

Click on the bell icon at the top. That will take you to a page with drop down menus of what you’ve won, lost, or been outbid on (for active items). Took me a while to figure that out as well.

perezfan 04-07-2024 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardPadre (Post 2425195)
Click on the bell icon at the top. That will take you to a page with drop down menus of what you’ve won, lost, or been outbid on (for active items). Took me a while to figure that out as well.

Thank you William.... much appreciated!

Lorewalker 04-07-2024 10:10 PM

GMC does an excellent job on eBay. Hope the new platform will be as great. I have not signed up but in looking at it, it appears you cannot see completed sales. Wanted to see how the T206s did. Are those of you who are signed up able to see completed sales?

I never saw the launch for this other than this thread and there is not a whole lot of info to be attained from the platform itself.

Cory 04-08-2024 11:17 AM

Feedback

I like the setup of the auction - no buyers fees, no extended bidding. I knew when I went to bed last night what I had won - not usually the case with extended bidding auctions. Combined shipping for $4.95 is great regardless of how many lots you win.

I didn't seem to have the bidding issues other bidders had.

I really like all of the options to pay vs. just wire or check.

Some things that could be improved - It would be nice to see a quantified bid summary like most auctions - have - winning x lots for a total of $x dollars. Losing x lots, etc. vs. just the three separate sections of Outbid, Winning, Lost, but I did like that too - would just prefer to see how much I'm in for if I win everything I bid on.

After the auction closed - I can only see details and good pictures of the lots I lost. I have a list of what I won with prices, but only small thumbnail pics and they don't link back to the original listing. A listing of completed auctions with prices/scans would be nice.

GMC Drew 04-08-2024 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorewalker (Post 2425201)
GMC does an excellent job on eBay. Hope the new platform will be as great. I have not signed up but in looking at it, it appears you cannot see completed sales. Wanted to see how the T206s did. Are those of you who are signed up able to see completed sales?

I never saw the launch for this other than this thread and there is not a whole lot of info to be attained from the platform itself.

We are in the process of building the past sale component. You will see this feature available soon.

We are working to make this the best auction house around. I appreciate any and all feedback as we continue to launch new auctions regularly. If there is anything you would like to see please let me know. Thank you to everyone!

GMC Drew 04-08-2024 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory (Post 2425275)
I like the setup of the auction - no buyers fees, no extended bidding. I knew when I went to bed last night what I had won - not usually the case with extended bidding auctions. Combined shipping for $4.95 is great regardless of how many lots you win.

I didn't seem to have the bidding issues other bidders had.

I really like all of the options to pay vs. just wire or check.

Some things that could be improved - It would be nice to see a quantified bid summary like most auctions - have - winning x lots for a total of $x dollars. Losing x lots, etc. vs. just the three separate sections of Outbid, Winning, Lost, but I did like that too - would just prefer to see how much I'm in for if I win everything I bid on.

After the auction closed - I can only see details and good pictures of the lots I lost. I have a list of what I won with prices, but only small thumbnail pics and they don't link back to the original listing. A listing of completed auctions with prices/scans would be nice.

Cory, thank you so much for the detailed response. This is going to help us tremendously with the updates we plan to make. Thanks again for such detail. And please for anyone else... feel free to chime in on your experience.

Wynn0013 04-08-2024 05:21 PM

Likely not helpful for GMC but maybe for someone else.

This was on me, but I didn't realize it wouldn't allow me to bid until I added a payment method. So, when I went to drop a bid with 6 seconds to go for a manual snipe I ran out of time. I'm still kicking myself since I was willing to go over the finishing bid on the Young portrait.

Adding the payment method wasn't a big deal, I was lazy and it burned me.

Cory 04-09-2024 07:11 AM

Feedback

One other thing, which may be my settings (but I can't find where it would be), but I haven't gotten any email updates - No outbid notices, auctions closing soon, you won, invoice, shipping updates, etc.

GMC Drew 04-10-2024 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory (Post 2425437)
One other thing, which may be my settings (but I can't find where it would be), but I haven't gotten any email updates - No outbid notices, auctions closing soon, you won, invoice, shipping updates, etc.

Thank you for the feedback. We will also be adding this component for the next auction. Appreciate the response.

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-10-2024 11:22 AM

Couldn't have timed this new venture much better with what's going on at Ebay!

Fuddjcal 04-11-2024 12:54 PM

Quote:

Yeah,
I had a magabid in ready to go with a $500.00 lead. Counted down to zero and "apparently" I didn't need it.:D:D:D:D. The price never moved. Upon further review that evening, I couldn't look up any of the old listings but come to find out, I lost the bid and the card after showing I "won" with my original bid, LOL. I know it's new but let us know when you get the kinks out.

I immediately deleted my account out of frustration as easy as it was to open it. Not putting up with that anywhere, just don't need or want the aggravation. Even my favorites, GMC, LOL:D

I'm sure you'll dial it in, but I really wasn't happy at all. I'll just save it for Strongsville!!!Good Luck & thanks for asking!

GoCubsGo32 05-02-2024 09:37 AM

While exploring the platform, I noticed the sort by drop down menu (A-Z) & (Z-A) doesn't work for last names. Instead it sorts by lowest to highest by card #.

Which, goes to my next suggestion, might consider adding a sort by "Card #" in the drop down menu for those looking at their checklist.

GMC Drew 05-02-2024 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 (Post 2430819)
While exploring the platform, I noticed the sort by drop down menu (A-Z) & (Z-A) doesn't work for last names. Instead it sorts by lowest to highest by card #.

Which, goes to my next suggestion, might consider adding a sort by "Card #" in the drop down menu for those looking at their checklist.

Thank you for that feedback. We have made a ton of new changes to the current 1965 auction. I will be sure to add this ticket. Thanks for the feedback and helping us build the ultimate marketplace for collectors.

If you come across anything else please feel free to leave some feedback. We added a new quick bidding feature along with outbid email notifications.