Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any Cuban experts out there? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=233783)

Snapolit1 01-13-2017 09:03 AM

Any Cuban experts out there?

4 Attachment(s)
Not sure where exactly to post this. . . . .

Picked up this scrapbook of Cuban material last year. Don't know what to make of it. Seemed to be largely photos cut out of something or crude copies. I don't see anything that strikes me as a card per se, and haven't seen anything printed on the reverse of any thing, suggesting to me these are largely printed copies.

Thinking it's not worth taking up shelf space much longer. Any thoughts from any Cuban experts?

ullmandds 01-13-2017 09:21 AM

ryan christoff i believe is the man to ask.

ullmandds 01-13-2017 09:23 AM

i see a few that if they are real...are cards...and have value.

Snapolit1 01-13-2017 09:27 AM

Thx. I am 95% sure they are all copies/reproductions.

Leon 01-13-2017 09:28 AM

I see some cards and if (might be a big "if") real they have some decent value....be careful.

h2oya311 01-13-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1620109)
Thx. I am 95% sure they are all copies/reproductions.

I agree with you based on the photos. They all look like copies/reproductions of actual cards.

That said, it's still a pretty cool binder in that it displays some cards/images that aren't all that well-known. That makes it pretty cool in my eyes. Did he attempt to get a photo of each athlete that played in Cuban baseball?? He titled the book "Who's Who in Cuban Baseball". I see lots of portrait photos, which suggests that this may have been the motivation.

aljurgela 01-13-2017 10:01 AM

pretty cool documentation

There are a number of cards or copies of cards on there... nacionales, campo alegre, etc.... if these are just repros or copies, they are worthless, but interesting.... there are some parts of other known photos in the space.... dandridge, minoso etc... if ANY of the pieces are vintage and legit, there could be some value for those.... Best of luck... cool looking to say the least...

Snapolit1 01-13-2017 10:29 AM

Clearly a labor of love by someone, so I'm not throwing it in the trash. Will either keep or give to someone who is a hard core Cuban collector. So far 100% of the backs are shiny new and not originals of anything. A few newspaper cutouts but largely copies pasted onto white back. Are a handful of TCMA cards.

darkhorse9 01-13-2017 01:25 PM

First picture. right hand page in the upper left...that's a Caramelo Deportivo. Can't quite make out who it is but it's a common. Probably worth about $8

Snapolit1 01-13-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkhorse9 (Post 1620196)
First picture. right hand page in the upper left...that's a Caramelo Deportivo. Can't quite make out who it is but it's a common. Probably worth about $8

Nope. It's a copy of one glued onto a shiny white back.

Not a valuable card in the binder as far as I can see.