Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   E90-1, The Kraken (AKA The E-Monster) - post your collection progress (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=247839)

familytoad 11-24-2017 09:21 PM

Ted’s First

I think it should count Ted, getting them all is monumental:eek:

I don’t know when this was, but I assume it was when the Joe Jax was priced better than its ridiculous number now.

While there seems to be at least some mild interest in the set, we haven’t gained a lot of contestants for the Kraken!

Is that tobacco monster really that dominating? (bTW- my t206 monster number is about 20. I have exactly 1 common and some HOFERS)

judsonhamlin 11-24-2017 09:24 PM

If I do the math correctly, my 98 cards give me 123 points - the big ones are going to kill my chances at completing the set

pkaufman 11-25-2017 05:37 AM

I love this set !

tedzan 11-25-2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by familytoad (Post 1723520)
I think it should count Ted, getting them all is monumental:eek:

I don’t know when this was, but I assume it was when the Joe Jax was priced better than its ridiculous number now.

While there seems to be at least some mild interest in the set, we haven’t gained a lot of contestants for the Kraken!

Is that tobacco monster really that dominating? (bTW- my t206 monster number is about 20. I have exactly 1 common and some HOFERS)

Thanks, Brian L.

The Joe Jackson was acquired in the 1980's (before the movies Eight Men Out and Field of Dreams were in the theatres). It's price was very reasonable,
since E90-1 cards were not a "hot item" back then.

And, as you know, Joe Jax cards went "bonkers" after these movies were shown in the late 1980's.

Anyhow, I leave to Brianp to decide if my former set qualifies being on his list. I sold the 120-card set to Mike Wheat at the Fort Washington Philly Show.

TED Z

T206 Reference

frankbmd 11-25-2017 08:38 AM

Brian,

You're crack'n me up, but I'll check in with a Kraken # of 3.

brianp-beme 11-26-2017 03:52 PM

Set in concrete

I'm back after the Thanksgiving family hiatus. Thanks for the various inputs on the scarcities. I have decided to make the following changes (and kept a couple of cards as is after suggesting a possible change):

Joe Jackson - From 25 down to 20

Ty Cobb - From 7 down to new point category 5 (Very popular, very available, he made me create the 5 point category)

The following cards jump up from 4 to join Cobb in the 5 point category:

Fred Clarke (Pittsburgh)
Willie Keeler (red background)
Jake Stahl
Bill Sweeney (Boston)
Ed Walsh

And I chose one card to be elevated from the 1 point status to 3 points:

Harry Howell (wind up)

I decided to keep the Stone (left hand) based upon suggestion, and decided to keep Plank at 4 (although readily available, it is still fairly popular as an alternative to his T206 card).

So the set total remains at 250, a nice number to target for. I was tempted to add all of the suggested 1 to 3 point changes Cody mentioned, but that shiny 250 number beckoned.

I changed all of the above on the first post, now if people who have already submitted their Kraken E-Monster #'s would please check it over and indicate if there is any change to their # we can keep this thing rolling. Thanks again, Brian

judsonhamlin 11-26-2017 05:45 PM

Now at 126! Whoo hoo- half way there

pkaufman 11-26-2017 06:32 PM

correction

A great set to collect !

Steve D 11-27-2017 01:58 AM

Please raise me to 93.

Also, you should remove Ty Cobb from the 7 point section, since you moved him to the 5 point section.

Steve

Yoda 11-27-2017 09:42 AM

Way back when, I remember the Mike Mitchell card was considered the key to the set. Lew Lipset even referred to it as the T206 Honus Wagner of the caramel cards. There doesn't seem to be so much interest in it these days, or at least that is my impression. Maybe that is because so few come to market. Any Mitchell stories?