Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Warning: SuperiorAuctions ---- 20% commission fee (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63738)

Archive 07-24-2003 12:05 PM

Warning: SuperiorAuctions ---- 20% commission fee

Posted By: <b>Mickey S.&nbsp; </b><p>SuperiorAuctions will charge 20% commission for their live auction this time. I hope they are only charging this due to the live National auction and ebay live auction costs for this August auction. Their usual 15% has been killing everyone already. The worst thing is they didn't announce the commission fee change at all. Bid accordingly guys!!

Archive 07-24-2003 12:21 PM

Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I bid in a different eBay Live auction and the rate was also 20 percent, so I suspect that it is a live auction thing. Before and after you place a bid, they clearly point out the 20 percent charge and even due the math for you ($200 bid = $200 + $40 = $240). The bidders shouldn't fear that it's only in the fine print. I also agree that 20 percent is hefty charge.

Archive 07-24-2003 12:25 PM

Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p>I believe it is 20% if you bid on ebay and 15% if you bid on the Superior site - not certain what it is if you bid live (probably 15%)

Archive 07-24-2003 03:36 PM

Posted By: <b>botn</b><p>Only the Ebay Live winning bids are subject to the 20% commission. Winning bids taken in all other forms are subject to the standard 15%.

Archive 07-24-2003 07:06 PM

Posted By: <b>julie</b><p>I don't know WHAT I've been bidding on--whenever I get outbid, they send a phone number, and tell me it' will be answered, and it never IS., So then I go somewhere on the net and bid-probably ebay--how should I know? Since everything in their auction is going to wind up live at the National, how do they figure in your bidding on ebay?<BR><BR>If I win that card, it will be a mackeral. Or smelt.

Archive 07-25-2003 08:02 PM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>is Jar Jar talking through you?

Archive 07-25-2003 10:55 PM

Posted By: <b>julie</b><p>...

Archive 07-26-2003 09:16 AM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>You should sell one of your OJ Kelly's and fly to the National this weekend!

Archive 07-26-2003 11:33 AM

Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>and won some perfect Scrapps from Barry Sloate--and some other stuff.<BR><BR>Today I'm going to Amsterdam Art to get a pastel framed, and to Mr. Mopps to buy dollhouse furniture for my granddaughter--and then I'm going to twiddle and wait for Superior to call me from the National with outrageous news about the present price of my card.<BR><BR>Have fun, all you guys! Maybe Cleveland...