Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's your Monster number? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=145243)

frankbmd 11-20-2015 07:35 AM

Top of Page 21

With only 33 days remaining until the fourth birthday of this silly thread I cannot help but hear both the chants of "Four More Years" and the groans of those who tire of this exercise and seeing the thread nearly perpetually on the first page. Once again the annual statistics will be posted on December 23rd that will reflect a significantly increase in the number of viewers, despite a drop in the number of cards added, new sets added and posts.

Cozumeleno has set a new standard for those building the set in a piecemeal manner with a gestation period of roughly nine months. I'm sure he is more thrilled with his new "baby" than Mrs. Cozumeleno, but that is only speculation.

This year we also added the first Doyle variation and first perfect score.

What will year five bring? More of the same and a few groans I trust.

Cozumeleno 11-20-2015 09:02 AM

Thanks, all - appreciate it.

Mrs. Cozumeleno, as Frank theorized, is indeed, not very thrilled. However, she has taken it a little easier since as instead of a gaggle of 3,200 count boxes of newer cards filling a spare bedroom, my collection now, for all intents and purposes, has been limited to two tidy binders. I still flip/break newer collections and cards, but they don't stay around long. The extra space in the house is a nice tradeoff. Yeah, no, she's still not happy.

Jon - I will be in touch, friend. Hoping to upgrade many more cards by the end of the year. I will check out your current need list if it is in the B/S/T T206 Trading Post where I believe I saw it before.

mybuddyinc 11-20-2015 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anson,

CONGRATULATIONS ------------ GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I could help out a bit. You're Demmitt and O'Hara are the way Demmitt's and O'Hara's should look like :)

I'm sure people will ask -- what's next. I feel upgrading is a never ending process, that is almost as fun as completing set -- have fun ;)

You're "data" has inspired me:

First card - Howard, Sav. (had Pied. OMSL and Hindu, before starting Monster)
Last card (of the 520) - Shag :cool:
Favorite card - to many to pick one
Favorite card, gun to head - Niles (gray sky)

Attachment 212454

Most annoying card to find - Ellam *
Best deal - trading with many net54 friends (especially Luke and Doug).
Favorite achievement - getting a grand number of cards through my many friends at net54
Most shameful achievement - * thinking I had an Ellam, but didn't.
Non-Common Piedmont/Sweet Cap/OMSL - 0% :rolleyes:

argpdt 11-28-2015 04:30 PM

Added Beckley, so my monster number is now 16.

Topps206 11-29-2015 03:01 PM

Two - Bill Dahlen and Chief Bender.

sreader3 11-30-2015 07:32 PM

Hi Frank,

PSA tells me I have 414 -- so it must be true.:)

Thanks for updating this thread after all these years.

Your tenacity is mind-blowing.

Scot

Topps206 12-01-2015 07:38 AM

Who here is getting a T206 or more for the holidays? Or who wanted one?

Bpm0014 12-01-2015 08:02 AM

Frank, please update me to: The Duke, The Splendid Splinter, and Joltin' Joe...

gemmint77 12-01-2015 08:24 AM

Monster #

Mine is 72 and growing!!

bigtrain 12-01-2015 03:31 PM

I pulled the trigger on a green portrait Cobb. It is on the way. So, I have reached my goal at 518. Now for the temptation of the Demmitt and O'Hara variations.