Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   1984 Fleer Blank Backs--How Scarce (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=265667)

GoldenAge50s 02-12-2019 02:54 AM

1984 Fleer Blank Backs--How Scarce

4 Attachment(s)
are these 2 cards? I've seen other players listed on EBay, but NEVER have seen either of these 2 guys. Anybody have an idea?

ALR-bishop 02-12-2019 10:04 AM

Fred---I have a 84 Fleer set but no blank backs. I personally do not collect blank backs. From what I have seen blank backs, unless they are true proof cards like the 85 Topps Minis or 84 Topps Encased, or involve a star card, do not seem to generate as much interest as recurring front or back print flaws. I could be wrong and it might help to check completed listings for blank back cards on ebay.

It is mostly impossible in my experience to tell if most blank backs are proof cards or just error cards from the printing process.

GoldenAge50s 02-12-2019 12:30 PM

Thanks---

---for your input Al--much appreciated! These cards were in a large Lot I bought some time ago. I remember looking them up at the time & NO Boddicker or Dempsey were listed or sold---same case every time I looked! There are always blank backs listed, but never these 2!!

GoldenAge50s 03-14-2019 06:13 AM

Does anyone else have anything to offer on these 2 BBacks? Why have I never seen any of these 2 listed on EBay? Is there a list available?

NOTE: I had them listed for a time on EBay @ a probably too-high price & never got any bites or offers.

bnorth 03-14-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s (Post 1862457)
Does anyone else have anything to offer on these 2 BBacks? Why have I never seen any of these 2 listed on EBay? Is there a list available?

NOTE: I had them listed for a time on EBay @ a probably too-high price & never got any bites or offers.

This isn't what you want to hear but it is the truth. You have never seen them listed because they are basically worthless.

Print error cards are not "cool" now and you have players that are not popular. They are also not from a popular set. They have nothing going for them at all. With this type of card, being rare or even the only ones known means nothing.

If anyone believes different please contact me I have 1000's of print error cards I would sell. I have baseball, football, basketball, and even some hockey. They include blank fronts, blank fronts, and wrong backs.

Yastrzemski Sports 03-14-2019 07:55 AM

I bought a collection and found about 100 blank back, blank front and wrong back cards from 1984-1991. After doing research I found that they were a very tough sell - mostly under $1 ea - and decided not to bother listing them.

Rich Klein 03-14-2019 09:51 AM

Cards printed with wrong backs/blank backs/black fronts etc are truly items worth different things to different people. If you can find the super collector who wants those items you will get a reasonable amount but if not you will get those selling as noted for less than $1.

The other thing is more of these seemed to pop up in 1987 Topps than other years.

It's truly an eye of the beholder type of item.

Rich

GoldenAge50s 03-27-2019 08:36 AM

Thanks--

--to everyone that replied! I kinda' quit checking back 'cause for a while there were no responses, but this flurry of views seem to have the answers--you just have to find the guy that looks for this sort of thing!

Ben--Your statement:
Quote:

You have never seen them listed because they are basically worthless.
---I don't quite agree with! I listed them because I'd never seen these 2 listed & was very curious to see if I had a real rarity! I wouldn't have been too surprised if they went right away, which is why I apparently overpriced them. Anyhow, one would never know until he put them out there!

Thanks again to all for helping me out, I appreciate it!

Fred