Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pre War Auction is Live, 24 hours left, with great boxing and baseball! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=262148)

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-14-2018 12:47 PM

Pre War Auction is Live, 24 hours left, with great boxing and baseball!

The auction contains the contents of Jerry's Spring Miner's Extra find that has been discussed at length here on the boards. This includes T227's ALL MINER'S BACKS! With Cobb, Marquard, Baker, Jack Johnson and more! Also about 70 Obak's with Ping Bodie and Ten Million. Cards from all years with some variations! This in addition to T206's, E90-1's, T219's, E121's, E220's and much more! There are also some amateur team photos, mainly from PA.

As with many auction houses, you need to get your bids in before the beginning of extended bidding. Unlike many, our items will end individually. You don't have to wait up all night even though your item hasn't had a bid in 3 hours!

Our starting bids are mostly $1. Our HIGHEST starting bid is $25!

Scott Russell
Birmingham Auctioneers
www.birminghamauctioneers.com

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-17-2018 08:22 PM

Last 24 hours of the Non-Sport sale. Get your bids in now before preliminary bidding ends!

brianp-beme 11-18-2018 12:04 PM

Here is a link to the thread about the find Scott mentions:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...highlight=find

Brian

bensie 11-18-2018 12:09 PM

I'm interested in the non sports stuff tonight. Can you please approve my account for bidding? I put my net 54 name under the references. Thanks!

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-18-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensie (Post 1827966)
I'm interested in the non sports stuff tonight. Can you please approve my account for bidding? I put my net 54 name under the references. Thanks!

Sorry, I am approving registrations as fast as possible. You are good to go.

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-18-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 1827964)
Here is a link to the thread about the find Scott mentions:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...highlight=find

Brian

Thanks Brian, the non-sport from that find are in the sale that ends tonight if anyone is interested!

OLDBILL 11-20-2018 11:08 AM

Today's the 20th....went to the Birmingham and aquarian links...no new auction posted yet...just the one ending Nov 18th?

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-20-2018 01:13 PM

Auction kicks off at 9pm Eastern, thanks for checking!

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-20-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDBILL (Post 1828484)
Today's the 20th....went to the Birmingham and aquarian links...no new auction posted yet...just the one ending Nov 18th?

Couple minutes late (my fault) but we're off and running. First 136 Lots are up. Should have the rest by this time tomorrow!

Onlineracing 11-20-2018 08:02 PM

Is the Pre War auction a total of 136 cards? I am only seeing one page on the site.

bnorth 11-20-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onlineracing (Post 1828634)
Is the Pre War auction a total of 136 cards? I am only seeing one page on the site.

In the post above yours Scott says he will not have everything listed till tomorrow.

bnorth 11-21-2018 11:13 AM

As a first time participant in one of Scotts auctions I was amazed by the descriptions he uses. I don't know who writes the descriptions but that person should win some kind of most honest descriptions in the business award. There is no hyperbole about the player or the cards. Just an honest description of the cards flaws no matter the player.

This is my favorite so far:
This one absolutely learned it's "A" grade. Between a back that is severely damaged due to album residue and paper loss and a recolored front, it's authentic, and that's about it.

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-21-2018 04:16 PM

Thanks Ben, I do try to be honest. I've been a buyer long enough to know how I wish something were described when I'm on that end of the transaction, so I try and use that as my guide. I'm sure there's a wrinkle I missed somewhere, but I do try.

Also 80 more lots added tonight. Including a lot of Boxing. I didn't quite finish and I'm unfortunately going away for the weekend so it probably won't be completed until Tuesday night, but that just gives you more to look forward to!

x2drich2000 11-21-2018 04:22 PM

If anyone doesn't know Scott, I can also add i've dealt with him plenty of times at his live auctions and even during the live auctions he would mention issues with cards that might not be obvious at first glance.

DJ

jasonc 11-29-2018 06:23 AM

Scott, is there a problem with the site, it doesn't seem to be loading?
I put in a few bids at the start and it seemed like a good auction. Hope to see it back it up, if it's down.

Unless it is my end. Does it work for others?

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-29-2018 06:59 AM

ugh letting my guy know now, thanks for the heads up!

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-29-2018 07:14 AM

All better, thanks again! Photos, programs and miscellaneous to be added tonight.

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-29-2018 07:15 AM

If anyone ever has a problem reaching my homepage here is another way to get to the auction:

https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-29-2018 01:52 PM

Last chance if anyone wants me to bring a specific lot to the Philly Show, so you can see it let me know tonight!

Leon 12-03-2018 06:18 PM

Got a few bids in. Good luck, Scott and team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1826993)
As our non-sport effort winds down (closes Sunday the 18th) we are gearing up for our first Pre-War Sports auction which begins on the 20th and runs through December 9th.

The auction contains the contents of Jerry's Spring Miner's Extra find that has been discussed at length here on the boards. This includes T227's ALL MINER'S BACKS! With Cobb, Marquard, Baker, Jack Johnson and more! Also about 70 Obak's with Ping Bodie and Ten Million. Cards from all years with some variations! This in addition to T206's, E90-1's, T219's, E121's, E220's and much more! There are also some amateur team photos, mainly from PA.

But first we have to finish the Non-Sport. As with many auction houses, you need to get your bids in before the beginning of extended bidding. Unlike many, our items will end individually. You don't have to wait up all night even though your item hasn't had a bid in 3 hours!

This auction includes Cards from 1900 - 2000 with sets galore, partials, Wax, Loose Packs, Autographs and much more. Our starting bids are mostly $1. Our HIGHEST starting bid is $25!

So please check out our current auction and then come back next week for the Pre War!

Scott Russell
Birmingham Auctioneers
www.birminghamauctioneers.com

P.S. Will add some Pre War images to this post soon!

bnorth 12-03-2018 06:41 PM

PMed you about adding a back scan. Would add the lot # here but don't want any extra bidders on that lot.:)

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-03-2018 09:33 PM

I responded. Actually found a few things missing doing a check-up tonight. will be fixed tomorrow along with a small amount of last minute added lots.

Thanks for the shout out Leon.

Remember you must have a bid in initial bidding to be eligible for extended bidding!

Thanks!

Scott

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-05-2018 12:24 PM

Thought that the oddity collectors might enjoy this Obak:

https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com..._1.jpg?id=1575

https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com..._2.jpg?id=1576

brianp-beme 12-05-2018 01:15 PM

I love the ghost clouds on the back of the Wiggs...cool!

Brian

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-05-2018 02:24 PM

yeah, second nicest one ever to pass through my hands. Val Kehl owns the nicest, an E126 Sam Rice. I think the ghost was clearer than the front!

ValKehl 12-05-2018 10:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1833210)
yeah, second nicest one ever to pass through my hands. Val Kehl owns the nicest, an E126 Sam Rice. I think the ghost was clearer than the front!

Scott, you mean this one? It's one of my favorite cards, even though I'm not into oddities. Good luck with you auction.

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-07-2018 08:04 PM

That's the one. I do seem to stumble on these nice ghosts, but yours is my all-time favorite, the tiniest details are crystal clear.

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-08-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1828773)
As a first time participant in one of Scotts auctions I was amazed by the descriptions he uses. I don't know who writes the descriptions but that person should win some kind of most honest descriptions in the business award. There is no hyperbole about the player or the cards. Just an honest description of the cards flaws no matter the player.

This is my favorite so far:
This one absolutely learned it's "A" grade. Between a back that is severely damaged due to album residue and paper loss and a recolored front, it's authentic, and that's about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x2drich2000 (Post 1828828)
If anyone doesn't know Scott, I can also add i've dealt with him plenty of times at his live auctions and even during the live auctions he would mention issues with cards that might not be obvious at first glance.

DJ

A couple of unsolicited testimonials, there are tons of bargains still to be had with 24 hours left.

bigfish 12-10-2018 10:46 AM

Auction

Scott, nice job with the auction. Looking forward to the next one.

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-10-2018 10:47 AM

Thanks,

Everything that is paid for should ship by Wednesday. Got some good results, but there were definitely bargains to be had. Looking for Pre-War #2 in the spring if anyone is interested!

Scott

bnorth 12-10-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfish (Post 1834702)
Scott, nice job with the auction. Looking forward to the next one.

+1 great job, I won the main card I wanted but got outbid on the other 2.

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-10-2018 12:59 PM

Thanks Ben, I hope you were happy with your consignments as well!

bnorth 12-10-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1834737)
Thanks Ben, I hope you were happy with your consignments as well!

You know how it is. I highly overpaid for the card I won and got way less than I wanted for the ones I consigned. Just kidding:D

I would highly recommend you to others. You were super helpful with guiding me through my first experience consigning cards. The main card I wanted and won was below my max bid. Yes I would have liked to get a little more for the cards I consigned but I am far from disappointed with the results. We will be doing business again.:)

familytoad 12-10-2018 09:42 PM

I enjoyed the auction as well.
I hoped to increase my OBAK holdings and I did nicely.
I couldn’t win them all but it was a nice group!

It was also over before the Sunday night football game, so the late night crowd had nothing to complain about.

Nice job Scott!

familytoad 12-14-2018 03:24 PM

Kudos to Scott on lightning fast shipping and cards that look even better than their scans!

Very nice job!

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-15-2018 09:01 AM

Thanks Brian.

Everyone who paid by Tuesday had their items ship by Wednesday at the latest. Even on ebay I pride myself on scans that show flaws clearly. I often disclaim that the card will likely look nicer in your hand than in my scan.

Scott

x2drich2000 12-15-2018 10:28 AM

Got mine this morning as well. Thanks Scott!