Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pwcc Help (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=246379)

cardsnstuff 10-18-2017 05:46 PM

Pwcc Help

so lets assume I willing to give PWCC a try; I have a tremendous inventory to go through and I believe they get more looks than I do; if I shouldn't or you disagree PM me{ I would love to hear opinions why} But assuming I am giving them to give 500-1000 PSA cards to start:

What years do you think do best? pre 60? pre 70? post 79? etc.
How do low/mid grades do? Obviously higher grade is best but how about mid grade stuff? say 3-7
Many of my items are between 40/50-250 vcp; is this a good threshold? or am I better off just running my own auctions on ebay? I do have 1000+ feedback. or is there another option? Although on many occasions I see their auction realized price is higher than my buy it now price, but that is mostly on higher graded stuff.

I do sell on ebay, but it can be very time consuming and I'm really thinking am I better off just letting them do it and run the raw & modern stuff at auction and let the market determine the value

opinions appreciated and needed as I have been dissecting this decision for over a year now.

Snapolit1 10-18-2017 06:02 PM

I would say that low and mid grade stuff performs weakly with PWCC, like with everyone else.

There is certainly an ease in giving them stuff, but they do take a cut.

It's real time consuming to sell a few 100 cards.

Republicaninmass 10-18-2017 06:42 PM

Always heard cards over 250 were good to send his way

RedsFan1941 10-18-2017 06:46 PM

maybe reach out to betsy for advice

bnorth 10-18-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1711592)
maybe reach out to betsy for advice

LOL, that is funny, I actually spit out a little of the food I chewing when I read that.

pokerplyr80 10-18-2017 07:23 PM

Check out their page and look at the fees to see if it's worth it on the lower end stuff. For that many cards I would call and see if you can work something out. The time saved could be worth a lot more in the end.

orly57 10-19-2017 12:39 AM

Only send them stuff that's deserving of attention.

T205 GB 10-19-2017 05:22 AM

Does the fee include shilling service already or do you pay extra for that?

calvindog 10-19-2017 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T205 GB (Post 1711656)
Does the fee include shilling service already or do you pay extra for that?

No, that's part of the buyer's fee.

Snapolit1 10-19-2017 06:46 AM

I’ve noticed that PWCC works especially well in getting good prices if you have someone with 8-9 bid retractions in the last 6 months hitting your items over and over.

Leon 10-19-2017 06:59 AM

All I want is lots of eyes on my consignment(s), good fees and service. They did it all....And I got paid right on time. I wouldn't doubt I send them some more. Plus they definitely advertise in the right places :). Overall they did a great job for me.

ps...I didn't notice any shill bidding on the consignment I gave them either.

orly57 10-19-2017 08:38 AM

I find that the minimal fee is more than worth the Labor of listing and shipping the items. I also find that you often get that 10% more just by virtue of listing through them. It's a no-brainer. I joked about their lackluster descriptions earlier, but they are a top-notch company. They get top dollar and pay on time.

wondo 10-19-2017 08:47 AM

PWCC also offers cash advances up to 50% of the consignment value.

T205 GB 10-19-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1711668)
All I want is lots of eyes on my consignment(s), good fees and service. They did it all....And I got paid right on time. I wouldn't doubt I send them some more. Plus they definitely advertise in the right places :). Overall they did a great job for me.

ps...I didn't notice any shill bidding on the consignment I gave them either.

They few transactions I had with them were as you said also. I would use again if needed

LeftHandedDane 10-19-2017 10:48 AM

And thus we have the reason why unethical dealers continue to thrive in our business, so long as they offer great service. As much as we may hold our noses about certain business practices, we keep giving them our business.

orly57 10-19-2017 12:06 PM

Ed, can you give us some alternatives? Please tell me about the baseball card shangri-la where no one shills, no cards are doctored, and all cards are correctly graded. I will consign with them posthaste.

Aquarian Sports Cards 10-19-2017 12:17 PM

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=246402

OK, we obviously are human and mis-grade and are fooled on occasion. :)

Stampsfan 10-19-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orly57 (Post 1711648)

Eating my lunch right now, I also choked for a moment when reading this. Too funny!!!

brianp-beme 10-19-2017 01:29 PM

I think they are probably fine to deal with as a consigner as long as you don't expect to get crazy prices like seen in some of their auctions. It is too easy for folks with a crooked bent to use their services as a platform to manipulate auctions, and they have proven lackluster in going after this element, probably because of all the extra money these auctions bring in.

Brian

ls7plus 10-19-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orly57 (Post 1711775)
Ed, can you give us some alternatives? Please tell me about the baseball card shangri-la where no one shills, no cards are doctored, and all cards are correctly graded. I will consign with them posthaste.

+1 on that one! Any time there is an opportunity to make money with relatively little effort there will indeed be scammers there to take advantage of it--it's inevitable. That said, I have been nothing but pleased with my several purchases from PWCC auctions.

Happy collecting,

Larry

Republicaninmass 10-19-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 1711808)
I think they are probably fine to deal with as a consigner as long as you don't expect to get crazy prices like seen in some of their auctions.

Ditto

Snapolit1 10-19-2017 02:50 PM

I think for 90% of mid value items you can basically get the same price from one of the auction houses that advertises here that charges no commission to the consignor. If I had a $100,000 card I might want all the eyeballs of ebay, but for most $250 cards I think you will do just as well elsewhere. I sold with PWCC once and was colossally disappointed. Guess I should have hired a friend to shill for me.

Batpig 10-19-2017 03:45 PM

I'm starting to think Steve doesn't care for pwcc.

Seriously, I've consigned with with them multiple times and have no huge complaints, and am frequently surprised at some of the prices I get. The only disappointment I had with them was with modern unopened. For that I would look elsewhere or sell yourself. Otherwise I will continue to use them.

Rhotchkiss 10-19-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1711831)
I think for 90% of mid value items you can basically get the same price from one of the auction houses that advertises here that charges no commission to the consignor. If I had a $100,000 card I might want all the eyeballs of ebay, but for most $250 cards I think you will do just as well elsewhere. I sold with PWCC once and was colossally disappointed. Guess I should have hired a friend to shill for me.

I have never consigned to PWCC (or any AH), and have only purchased a few things from them - all good on each purchase. However, if/when I do consign, I would probably give my rare and/or relatively higher-value cards to one of the big auction houses- I just feel that is the better route for $10k+ or rare cards, as I want the quality (not quantity) eyes looking at that stuff. That said, if I do consign more common cards and/or cards that would likely bring under say $10k, I think I would definitely give PWCC a try.

Snapolit1 10-19-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batpig (Post 1711851)
I'm starting to think Steve doesn't care for pwcc.

Seriously, I've consigned with with them multiple times and have no huge complaints, and am frequently surprised at some of the prices I get. The only disappointment I had with them was with modern unopened. For that I would look elsewhere or sell yourself. Otherwise I will continue to use them.

I've bought a lot from them. Some cool stuff. But as far as selling, I can list the odd card or two I see these days on BST or on ebay. I can also type "worthy of consideration" of whatever the magic words are. Also could throw in "has many attributes of a higher grade."

mechanicalman 10-19-2017 07:08 PM

I might look into JVSC auctions. They run bi-weekly auctions that might be a good fit with your material. I have not consigned with them as I don’t sell much, but I have purchased, and the experience was outstanding.

maximus35 10-19-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orly57 (Post 1711648)

That would include every single card on their site. LOL My favorite is when they say "perhaps the nicest card we've ever brokered",…….but I still buy most of my cards thru them. They are easy to deal with, ship quick, and accept credit cards.