Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Coaches Corner exposed on TV report (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=262407)

RichardSimon 11-21-2018 06:30 AM

Coaches Corner exposed on TV report

https://6abc.com/business/local-comp...UApbHZZABmwTVM

yanksfan09 11-21-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1828692)

Hard to believe there's never been something like this about them before! Hopefully some good will comes of this for once. It's amazing that someone could spend over 10k there and not question things.

2dueces 11-21-2018 09:35 AM

Before he purchased a single item all he had to do was google coaches corner.
There are 1000s of articles and many would have brought him to this site and he would have seen the laughs CC gets here. Not $13,000 worth of smart.

SetBuilder 11-21-2018 10:40 AM

What has happened to caveat emptor and personal responsibility?

This man spent $13k at CCA of all places, over several years, and didn't think to do even a basic amount of due diligence? A simple Google search? An expert opinion?

jerseygary 11-21-2018 01:02 PM

One one hand I think that CC should be held responsible for putting this stuff out there, but on the other, there is so much out there about CC that the guy who bought all that junk should have known better and it is his own fault. Especially for the low prices he was paying - that along should have alarmed him.

What the heck did he think, he was the luckiest guy in the world stumbling on such bargains time and time again?

Bigdaddy 11-22-2018 08:44 PM

Nice to see they are getting some free press.

slidekellyslide 11-22-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseygary (Post 1828786)
One one hand I think that CC should be held responsible for putting this stuff out there, but on the other, there is so much out there about CC that the guy who bought all that junk should have known better and it is his own fault. Especially for the low prices he was paying - that along should have alarmed him.

What the heck did he think, he was the luckiest guy in the world stumbling on such bargains time and time again?

Even though we know better there is a whole world of people out there that are not anywhere on our level of knowledge of this industry. I don't think victim blaming is ever a good idea. Coaches Corner is a menace and it's about time someone not in the hobby gave them some negative exposure.

drcy 11-22-2018 09:56 PM

Should a collector use common sense and educate himself? Of course. However, scammers intentionally prey on the uninformed and gullible (elderly, trusting, uneducated, less intelligent, mentally ill, desperate, etc), so a scammer should get full force for taking advantage of such a person.

Also, CC doesn't get to use the "We can't authenticate everything other people sell on our site" argument when they provide a COA with each item.

"Trythal said his company can't examine the thousands of pieces that others put up for auction each month and estimates 20 percent of the lower prices items, items under a couple hundred bucks, could be forgeries, and the ratio is likely higher for more expensive items ...
Trythal said, 'Authenticating pieces is a game we can't play.'"

These are their arguments to defend themselves? That they know that a large percentage of the items are fake and they don't even attempt to authenticate anything that has their COA? A catchphrase of a female friend of mine is "Oh my God, are you serious?" They're saying that they know they are giving COAs to fake items.

itslarry 11-23-2018 11:17 AM

It's like those pyramid schemes. 'Everyone's knows it's a scam but somehow they make millions/billions. The general public doesn't know/care.

Plus #fakenews

RichardSimon 11-24-2018 10:31 AM

America falls for scammers and grifters all the time.
:confused::confused::confused:

drcy 11-24-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1829424)

Net54 board rule is no politics :)

Fuddjcal 11-25-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1829424)

yes we do...It's part of the American way. It's just that some people don't have the #1 thing that makes a man a man, Integrity. Lee & Scott of Dogsh** Corner have ZERO. It was nice to see them exposed. 2018 sure was a good year with that rat fink Tony Podsada getting dragged out of the national in hand cuffs and now this report on Coaches Corner. If someone could do something about the scammers at the Philippine based company, FEE bay, that would be the trifecta. I hate those M'efers just as much as Tony P and Dogsh** Corner.

RichardSimon 11-25-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1829457)
Net54 board rule is no politics :)

There was no political intent.
Just look at all the scams going on in America every single day.
Pyramid schemes, Bernie Madoff, fake patent assistance companies, Lifelock fined $100 million, robocalls from IRS, Windows, Visa, etc.

thetruthisoutthere 11-25-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1829780)
yes we do...It's part of the American way. It's just that some people don't have the #1 thing that makes a man a man, Integrity. Lee & Scott of Dogsh** Corner have ZERO. It was nice to see them exposed. 2018 sure was a good year with that rat fink Tony Podsada getting dragged out of the national in hand cuffs and now this report on Coaches Corner. If someone could do something about the scammers at the Philippine based company, FEE bay, that would be the trifecta. I hate those M'efers just as much as Tony P and Dogsh** Corner.

We can't forget Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (GFA).

My most revealing blog on them.

https://live.autographmagazine.com/p...ch-revelations

drcy 11-25-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1829906)
There was no political intent.
Just look at all the scams going on in America every single day.
Pyramid schemes, Bernie Madoff, fake patent assistance companies, Lifelock fined $100 million, robocalls from IRS, Windows, Visa, etc.

I was just making a joke :)

RichardSimon 11-26-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1829989)
i was just making a joke :)

np :).