Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Star Dinger question?? (God I hate Ebay!) BLOCK DAVISGARVEY! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180686)

bobbyw8469 12-26-2013 04:52 PM

Star Dinger question?? (God I hate Ebay!) BLOCK DAVISGARVEY!

This person left me a feedback that says "5 Stars - quite pleased", yet continued to give me a '1' for two cards they bought from me in the category of COMMUNICATION. Here was the communication we had....."Do you combine shipping?"......"Yes we do!"........after the auction ended...I guess that was bad enough to warrant 1's??? Anyway, I was able to figure out who did it by process of elimination....

davisgarvey

Maybe this person has a history of trying to get sellers booted off on Ebay?? My advice to everyone - block and move on!!!!

My question is this......if I had not answered the question, would they have still been able to leave 1's for communication??

vintagechris 12-26-2013 05:18 PM

Bobby,
I don't know the answer to your question but that buyer seems like a good candidate to report to ebay. With the feedback they left, seems like they are intentionally trying to ding stars.

ibuysportsephemera 12-26-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagechris (Post 1220664)
Bobby,
I don't know the answer to your question but that buyer seems like a good candidate to report to ebay. With the feedback they left, seems like they are intentionally trying to ding stars.

+1 Call eBay immediately.

Jeff

bobbyw8469 12-26-2013 08:04 PM

Thanks for the advice. I did. I spoke with the rep for over an hour. This is some sort of loophole in EBay's DSR system. If you have an email exchange that goes "Do you combine shipping", "Yes we do!", that DOES NOT sound like horrible communication to me!

The Ebay system as it stands now is ripe for abuses such as this. Vindicitive buyers can destroy a small seller and get them kicked off Ebay "just because". I had one of the HUGE sellers ding my shipping stars, on a purchase through one of my auctions, when they themselves took my win, put it right back on Ebay, and charge MORE for shipping than I do!! True story!! I can PM the name to anyone who wants it!!

Some of this stuff just makes me laugh and realize what a joke Ebay has become!

novakjr 12-29-2013 06:52 AM

Wondering if the buyer was unhappy about something else, but unable to leave a lesser star under that category... I know ebay automatically gives 5 stars, if certain criteria are met for a category. Maybe he was somehow unhappy with one of those categories, but unable to leave the lesser star, so "communication" got the nod? As far as his "5 star" comment, perhaps it was autofilled. My comp saves my comments, and 99 times out of 100, I just leave whatever random comment my comp gives me, instead of typing it each time...

Odds are, I'm just off on this, and grasping at straws...I agree, more than likely this sounds like either a buyer intentionally f'ing with feedback(perhaps due to a previous sale), or a guy who mistakenly gave the wrong number of stars..

bobbyw8469 01-07-2014 08:40 PM

UPDATE: I managed to get one of the stars removed, as he bought two items from me and dinged communication on both items with 1's. However, he only sent communication under one item and never communicated at all under the 2nd item. So, due to that technicality, I was able to get one removed due to no contact whatsoever. Clearly a malicious buyer intent to do harm to a small seller, he has been blocked and I highly recommend others to block him as well. Low DSR stars can totally destroy a small seller such as myself. I try to compete and run true 99 cent auctions, but it is extremely hard with all the roadblocks Ebay throws at small sellers.