Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A few notes on the 183 card '19 Zeenut lot from Hunts & hoping to compare wantlists (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=89231)

Archive 03-30-2008 04:23 PM

A few notes on the 183 card '19 Zeenut lot from Hunts & hoping to compare wantlists

Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p>I had a few people curious about the large 183 card lot of 1919 Zeenuts that I received from Hunt auctions so I thought I'd throw a few details up here on the board. Generally speaking, I'm happy with the lot. This was my first experience dealing with Hunt's and I'd consider it a positive one. I expected some cards to be brutal, and a few certainly are, however there aren't too many ugly ones here fortunately. This ended up putting me at about 129/144 cards in the set. 15 cards shy of completion is a bit better than I had hoped - I was hoping for something in the 20-25 range. No Vance or Arbuckle though, not that I expected either card. I did get plenty of other tough/premium cards such as Bohne, Howard, Driscoll, etc...<br /><br />Altogether, I have close to 80 dupes counting a few "triplicates". The funny thing is that this is about half of the set just in itself. The 15 cards I didn't receive are below.....<br /><br />------------------------------------<br />Lapan (LA), Lane (oak), Nourse (oak), Pinelli (sac), Prough (sac), Vance<br />(sac), Spencer (saltlake), Seaton (SF), Smith (SF), Snell (SF), Eastley<br />(SEA), Arbuckle (Vern), Check (Vern), Houck (Vern), Meusel (vern)<br />------------------------------------<br /><br />I was curious if anyone else is working on this set right now and what cards people were still needing for completion. Thought it might be neat to compare the wantlists. Feel free to email me privately if you'd rather go that route. Thanks guys,<br /><br />Brian<br />redmaccie@hotmail.com

Archive 03-30-2008 04:38 PM

A few notes on the 183 card '19 Zeenut lot from Hunts & hoping to compare wantlists

Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>I need three cards from the 1919 ZeeNut series<br /><br />1-Tom Seaton (I see you need that one too)<br />2-Frank Gibson<br />3-Bill Rumler

Archive 03-30-2008 08:35 PM

Posted By: <b>Rhett Yeakley</b><p>Brian, sorry about my first message, I thought I was in the BST area. Anyways, of the 15 or so 1919's I have I have two that you don't. The two are Eastley and Smith.<br />-Rhett

Archive 03-31-2008 08:42 AM

Posted By: <b>Peter Thomas</b><p>Brian, I have Norse, Smith and Chech. Happy to swap for dups. I only have about 25 1919's<br /><br />Peter

Archive 03-31-2008 11:24 AM

Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Is there much size variance among 1919s?