Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Venice, FL, Show Report (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=343068)

36GoudeyMan 11-24-2023 11:42 AM

Venice, FL, Show Report

I just got back from Bryan Dec’s show in Venice, FL, at the Hotel Venizia. I’d never been before and I was very pleased with the show. There was a LOT of vintage, plenty of early hockey, nonsports, autographed cards, etc. Plenty of vintage both raw and graded. I saw quite a few set builders plopped down in chairs going through stacks of commons. There was a smattering of shiny new stuff but it didn’t swamp the great selection of vintage material. It wasn’t a huge show but it was definitely worth the trip for me (Sarasota) and I will definitely return!!!

jingram058 11-24-2023 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 36GoudeyMan (Post 2391305)
I just got back from Bryan Dec’s show in Venice, FL, at the Hotel Venizia. I’d never been before and I was very pleased with the show. There was a LOT of vintage, plenty of early hockey, nonsports, autographed cards, etc. Plenty of vintage both raw and graded. I saw quite a few set builders plopped down in chairs going through stacks of commons. There was a smattering of shiny new stuff but it didn’t swamp the great selection of vintage material. It wasn’t a huge show but it was definitely worth the trip for me (Sarasota) and I will definitely return!!!

When you hear when the next one will be, please post! Thanks!

bcbgcbrcb 11-24-2023 04:31 PM

Sounds like you’re a half hour away from the show. I would absolutely go and set up as a dealer as well if I were in that position but more like 3 hours away for me so never been there.

mechanicalman 11-24-2023 04:40 PM

I went to the show this afternoon, and I was surprised at the quantity of vintage. I had the pleasure of meeting Bryan and made a deal to sell some Goudeys. Good dude. Also bought some unopened late 80s Donruss Rookies sets for $5 each. Probably not a great investment, but it’s hard to put a price on nostalgia.

doug.goodman 11-25-2023 11:30 AM

So close, yet so far, I'm in Orlando today

whiteymet 11-25-2023 09:54 PM

Venice Show

I went to this show in Venice earlier this year in late February while I was in the area.

I see they will have another this coming February 24 and 25 called 2nd annual Spring Training Spectacular.

I'll be back in the area during that time and plan on attending. Maybe we can have a Net 54 get together before, during or after the show.

BabyRuth 11-26-2023 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got back from quite a show in Venice - oops my bad - wrong Venice!!!

Hankphenom 11-26-2023 05:43 PM

Bryan's a class act all the way. Nice to see him putting on shows.

bdecsports 11-29-2023 03:30 PM

Venice Show

Yes, the next show is Feb. 24-25, 2024, and I am open to suggestions for a Net54 member meet-up in conjunction with the show.

It was great to see everyone who attended the show!

www.pennantfevershow.com