Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   White Plains-Ty Cobb Post Card Pick Ups (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=264520)

Donscards 01-14-2019 05:27 AM

White Plains-Ty Cobb Post Card Pick Ups

3 Attachment(s)
I did the White Plains show this weekend--Picked up 2 nice Ty Cobb Post Cards--The Taylor and Heimer--also previously picked up the Wolverine and M101---I really am getting into the Post Cards--I like the Wolverine where it is postmarked and dated on the back--anybody else have some PC's to show. thanks, Don

BLongley 01-14-2019 05:57 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Nice Don!! You’re getting in deep! Here are a few that I have in the current collection:

Donscards 01-14-2019 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLongley (Post 1845157)
Nice Don!! You’re getting in deep! Here are a few that I have in the current collection:

Brian--Beautiful Post Cards--

TistaT202 01-14-2019 07:08 AM

Nice Stuff

Don,

It was a pleasure to meet you at the show yesterday (I was with Patrick).

Those postcards are very nice and I was very inpressed with all of the material at your table!

Mike

Donscards 01-14-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TistaT202 (Post 1845168)
Don,

It was a pleasure to meet you at the show yesterday (I was with Patrick).

Those postcards are very nice and I was very inpressed with all of the material at your table!

Mike

Mike--thanks and it was also very nice meeting you--It looked like you 3 guys had a real good time--I am glad you enjoyed the show and thanks for stopping by. Don

Rhotchkiss 01-14-2019 07:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Great pick ups Don- I heard you had the booth of the show at white plains last weekend (par for the course). Here are my three Cobb PCs, I think all of them are from Orlando R; maybe one from you Brian?

Donscards 01-14-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 1845179)
Great pick ups Don- I heard you had the booth of the show at white plains last weekend (par for the course). Here are my three Cobb PCs, I think all of them are from Orlando R; maybe one from you Brian?

Wow---those are the Best---Beautiful cards

orly57 01-14-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 1845179)

Yes, 2/3 from me. The Cobb Sepia from Brian. Don, I am glad to see you getting into PC’s. You really jumped in with some great ones. I particularly love the Wolverine.

Rhotchkiss 01-14-2019 10:34 AM

Orlando, come out of retirement!

BeanTown 01-14-2019 09:18 PM

Awesome postcards! So, Orly retired and now we have more Cobb postcard collectors! Love the Max Stein and Wolverine. Can't wrong with any of them. Orly, enjoy your break and get back to the hobby soon! See ya in the fantasy leagues.

BeanTown 01-14-2019 09:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Havent shared this collage in awhile. Ok, so welcome to collecting Cobb postcards. Here is your pop quiz... How many items can you name? Bonus question.. How many cards are not postcards!

mantlefan 01-14-2019 09:47 PM

Hey Don

Don, it was nice seeing you again at WP. The Cobbs you had there were exceptional. Thanks for the 1921 Exhibits Babe.

Donscards 01-15-2019 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantlefan (Post 1845512)
Don, it was nice seeing you again at WP. The Cobbs you had there were exceptional. Thanks for the 1921 Exhibits Babe.

Thanks Dr. Frank, a pleasure seeing you again and chatting.

BLongley 01-15-2019 05:23 AM

I will play... I’m guessing 4 aren’t PCs... not familiar with the upper right, top middle, middle sliding and then bottom middle...

I see Am League Publishing, Both Dietsche, Both Wolverine, Detroit Free Press, Topping, Pinkerton, HM Taylor, Max Stein, the Godzilla one (forget what it’s called but know there are only 3?), Rose, Brush, two Sepia, Seamless Steel, Sporting News and Novelty Cutlery...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeanTown (Post 1845504)
Havent shared this collage in awhile. Ok, so welcome to collecting Cobb postcards. Here is your pop quiz... How many items can you name? Bonus question.. How many cards are not postcards!

mechanicalman 01-15-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLongley (Post 1845541)
I will play... I’m guessing 4 aren’t PCs... not familiar with the upper right, top middle, middle sliding and then bottom middle...

I see Am League Publishing, Both Dietsche, Both Wolverine, Detroit Free Press, Topping, Pinkerton, HM Taylor, Max Stein, the Godzilla one (forget what it’s called but know there are only 3?), Rose, Brush, two Sepia, Seamless Steel, Sporting News and Novelty Cutlery...

I think the middle sliding is a La Azora schedule, no?

Bicem 01-15-2019 11:42 AM

3 non postcards. I have a question for JC, how many of the postcards are NOT from known sets?

BeanTown 01-15-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicem (Post 1845623)
3 non postcards. I have a question for JC, how many of the postcards are NOT from known sets?

Define "known" sets? Example, I have a known checklist for Max Stein. Pinkerton has been listed as scorecard-Photo-Cabinet-Postcrad. Having a blank or stat back would not make it a postcard even though its similar in size.

Bicem 01-15-2019 03:34 PM

I'll define as just not a one off, meaning other players or poses exist from the same series.

Bicem 01-15-2019 03:36 PM

The 3 non postcards are the two Azoras and the Pinkerton.

HolyGrail 01-15-2019 06:28 PM

White Plains Show

Don, your material was great, as usual. I think Justin picked up a Goudey Ruth from you on Sunday, if I'm correct.

I love all these gorgeous postcards. I hadn't realized, Don, that one of your Cobb's was postmarked-- from Detroit, no less. I believe the card companies should increase the grades for postmarks because they pinpoint the date by the Federal Government.

David

Donscards 01-15-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyGrail (Post 1845761)
Don, your material was great, as usual. I think Justin picked up a Goudey Ruth from you on Sunday, if I'm correct.

I love all these gorgeous postcards. I hadn't realized, Don, that one of your Cobb's was postmarked-- from Detroit, no less. I believe the card companies should increase the grades for postmarks because they pinpoint the date by the Federal Government.

David

David, Yes you are correct on the postmark, good eye, I do like to see a postmark and stamp on the back--tells you when and where and that is a great point on the grades. Always nice seeing you at the shows.

BeanTown 01-17-2019 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Brian, great job and the four you didn't know are

Top Collage
Top Middle La Azora Schedule
Top Upper Right 1914 Larry Semon Evening Sun (rare)

Bottom Collage
Top Middle La Azora Schedule
Bottom Middle La Azora Postcard (name has yet to be determined but we know it comes from a set)

BeanTown 01-17-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLongley (Post 1845541)

Oh forgot to mention the Godzilla postcard is a Hubel hotel postcard. Better known as Cobbzilla!!!! One of my favorite postcards of Ty Cobb.