Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trimmed?? Opinions.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=61181)

Archive 01-18-2002 07:36 AM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>jverri01</b><p>Not a bad looking card at all. Trimmed, though??<BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1065243870" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1065243870</a>

Archive 01-18-2002 08:17 AM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>He has some very nice Ruths for sale, along with that Cobb, but mostly only buys DVD's. Of course, I've been known to buy women's swimsuits...

Archive 01-18-2002 08:58 AM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Plastic Dog</b><p>The corners on the right side (top and bottom) look too sharp, especially on the back (now the left side for anybody spacially challenged). The corners and edges leading into those corners just don't seem to have the appropriate amount of wear in comparison to the rest of the card, including the oppositive corners. And if you look at the bottom left corner on the front (easier to see as bottom right on back), the vertical edge seems to show some wear at the corner, but the bottom edge is unusually straight all of the way out to the tip. So my guess is, looking from the front, that it's very slightly trimmed on the bottom and right edges of the card, possibly on the top, and that the left edge was left alone.

Archive 01-18-2002 09:11 AM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Kevin Cummings</b><p>I have the same card with a Polar Bear back and my card <b>definitely</b> has a larger bottom border with a similar looking top border, so I'm guessing the card is short top-to-bottom at least. Hard to tell on the side borders, but mine looks a little wider there, too.

Archive 01-18-2002 04:12 PM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>The Goudey Ruth #53 -- it came from us through another collector. The seller is probably OK. I cannot comment on the other cards, but the T206 Cobb<b><i> DOES</i></b> look short.

Archive 01-18-2002 05:41 PM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Plastic Dog</b><p>Because MW and I have actually agreed on 3 topics in a row. It's either a kindler, gentler MW, or a plastic dog on prozac. Not sure which.

Archive 01-19-2002 12:55 PM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>I agree the Cobb looks short. <BR><BR>The one US Goudey Ruth seems a little "thin" to me but did you look at the supersized image of the Canadian '34 Goudey Ruth? That bottom border looks trimmed to me.

Archive 01-19-2002 05:03 PM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Chris Thompson</b><p>The 1934 Ruth is not trimmed nor are any of the other Ruths. Guaranteed! It's been suggested that I should not have put the "trimming" reference in the ad for the Cobb, however I want bidders to have every opportunity to make informed purchases. The card does look short to me and I just didn't think that leaving out that information was appropriate. I've been responding to many emails regarding this auction and I will post the exact dimensions of the card on Monday as a text addition to the ad. If fact, I will do so for all vintage cards that I sell from now on as should everyone unless of course it's graded.

Archive 01-19-2002 05:09 PM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Chris Thompson</b><p>I know what it's like to get the short end of the stick as a buyer and I don't want to be the cause of anyone else's grief or misfortune.

Archive 01-19-2002 05:21 PM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>...short.

Archive 01-19-2002 05:24 PM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Chris Thompson</b><p>You shouldn't feel nervous. You should only feel nervous when someone does not attempt to tell the truth. I could have left the "trimming" opinion out of the ad all together but I don't want to try to get over on someone that may not be able to detect the legitimacy of something they're trying to purchase. As I stated, I'll list the exact dimensions wtihin 1/32 of an inch on Monday but I doubt that my eyes are lying to me. The card DOES looks short to me as does a lot of the T series cards (graded and ungraded). If, in fact, it is short I want everyone to have that information available to them.

Archive 01-20-2002 01:04 AM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Brian Daniels</b><p>This card has previously been submitted to PSA and rejected as trimmed! Chris, not sure where you got it from but I can give you some history.........<BR><BR>Cardknowledge@earthlink.ne t

Archive 01-20-2002 01:40 AM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Chris Thompson</b><p>I'll email you for some hopefully helpful info because the person that I got it from told me that they never submitted it. I was really wondering if I could get some sort of timeline because I've only had the card for about a week. I'll email you though.

Archive 01-20-2002 06:49 PM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Brian Daniels</b><p>please write me for previous lot numbers!!!!

Archive 01-20-2002 08:00 PM

Trimmed?? Opinions....

Posted By: <b>Brian Daniels</b><p>...aka "2Seamer" he is a scam artist that sells trimmed junk,get's it returned and tries again.....over...and over...and over....<BR><BR>and Chris just confirmed that the stuff came from "JD" alias "2seamer"<BR><BR>BROTHERS BEWARE OF "2SEAMER"...HE IS A BAD EGG IN THE WORLD OF CARD DEALING!!!