Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   anyone have ebay dealings w/ surfcitycards (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=134108)

T206DK 03-07-2011 08:12 PM

anyone have ebay dealings w/ surfcitycards

Just curious if anyone has had bad experiences with this seller. I currently have an ebay case open against him/her. To say the seller has been less than truthful with me is an understatement. Since he claims to have such a stellar reputation I was just wondering if others here have had any reason to doubt this sellers honesty and integrity. It seems as though I am filing cases now every other week against sellers for not shipping my merchandise in a timely fashion. I wonder if the curent evonomic conditions are to blame.

jcmtiger 03-07-2011 10:33 PM

Hello, if you are not receiving items you won bids on, I can see opening cases. But, if you received the items you won, why open a case against the seller?

Joe

bobbyw8469 03-08-2011 05:14 AM

Quote:

But, if you received the items you won, why open a case against the seller?

What if the item you won turns out to be a fake in a PSA case? Seems to be the latest trend for scammers on Ebay....

T206DK 03-08-2011 06:35 AM

what my collecting friends and i think is happening with some sellers is that they put cards on ebay and then the cards don't garner high enough ending prices. they then wait until a case is filed and then simply make up excuses as to why they didn't ship the merchandise.10 days later the buyer gets a refund and the seller gets to put the card back up for sale. Power sellers with 40,000+ feedback can take a negative feedback comment once in awhile also , so they don't even sweat that anymore. Between this type of behavior and the shill bidding that is rampant, I'm surprised the price guides can reflect accurately how much some cards are even really worth.
Since the seller in my case has refused to respond to Ebay, but has emailed me with several excuses, I expect a refund in a few days and the card I won to be put back up for sale on ebay again. I will undoubtedly bid on it again though LOL, or have a friend bid on it if this seller decides to block me for some reason.
i realize a lot of guys make their living selling cards, but Ebay is starting to give me that sour taste in my mouth that i got back in the early and mid 90's. A few bad apples can ruin it it for some of us I guess

T206DK 03-08-2011 06:38 AM

speaking of fakes. I have been gathering every PSA graded card I own that has a frosted looking mark on the holder. Does this usually mean the holder has been tampered with ? I own hundreds of PSA graded cards and am noticing that most of them have some frosting around the edges. Should I be worried ??:eek: I bought most of my cards from very reputable dealers and auction houses, a very low percentage came from Ebay

bobbyw8469 03-08-2011 08:01 AM

Usually a whole side will be frosted. I think a small area of frosting is perfectly normal (1/4" or less). If you see that frosted look all up and down a complete side, I would be worried however.....

E93 03-08-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T206DK (Post 876824)
I will undoubtedly bid on it again though LOL, or have a friend bid on it if this seller decides to block me for some reason.

I can't tell if you are serious but if you are, why in the world would you bid with this seller again?
JimB

T206DK 03-08-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E93 (Post 876893)
I can't tell if you are serious but if you are, why in the world would you bid with this seller again?
JimB

I would not bid on any of this sellers items again unless their customer service and attitude changed. it's unfortunate that the card I won from him/them rarely comes up for sale on Ebay.

beachhead2 02-10-2013 12:19 PM

I know this is an old thread but I did have a bad experience with this guy and I would stay away from him. I won a 1972 Topps Lou Brock PSA 8. He sent me an example of that card but it was different from the card pictured. It probably wouldn't have been an issue except it had an ugly spot in the white border. When I asked for an exchange, he said he'd only do one if I sent him the card pictured. What? He didn't send me the card in the picture! He only agreed to issue a refund when I disputed it with ebay. Every communication with the guy was dripping with attitude. Bad seller.

chaddurbin 02-10-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachhead2 (Post 1086510)
I know this is an old thread but I did have a bad experience with this guy and I would stay away from him. I won a 1972 Topps Lou Brock PSA 8. He sent me an example of that card but it was different from the card pictured. It probably wouldn't have been an issue except it had an ugly spot in the white border. When I asked for an exchange, he said he'd only do one if I sent him the card pictured. What? He didn't send me the card in the picture! He only agreed to issue a refund when I disputed it with ebay. Every communication with the guy was dripping with attitude. Bad seller.

perfect example to neg a seller.

cubsfan-budman 02-10-2013 12:51 PM

how interesting. i dont buy many ebay cards, but i just bought one from this guy.

i will admit, it didnt look as good in person as it looked in the scans, but he shipped fast and the card is definitely the same one.

beachhead2 02-10-2013 03:38 PM

He sells a lot of cards so he's doing something right. But to me the mark of a good seller is how he deals with something out of the ordinary. In my case, he dealt with it by stonewalling and acting like I was trying to screw him. Although, in the end, he admitted that he didn't have the card in the picture and opted to refund my money rather than do the exchange. Oh well. He's still doing a brisk business from the look of things but it will never be with me.