Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sad News: Bruce Dorskind Died (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=173599)

T206Collector 08-06-2013 07:15 AM

A polarizing character. Always entertaining. Sometimes a little vindictive and vitriolic. I didn't know him personally, but I imagine he'd like to be remembered by his world class collection and his controversial approach to collecting.

Northviewcats 08-06-2013 07:23 AM

On Bruce's passing

Very sorry to hear of Bruce's passing. He was an iconic figure on this board. I enjoyed reading his posts, though I never was the target of his sharp wit. 62 is far to young. I feel sad for his family and friends.

Joe

Brian Van Horn 08-06-2013 07:42 AM

My condolences.

ErikV 08-06-2013 07:48 AM

Re:Bruce Dorskind

I haven't spoken to Bruce in quite some time. I personally
enjoyed reading his posts and his participation on the board.

Back in September 2010 he was working on his memoirs and
was hoping to have them published by March 2012. Does
anyone on the board know if they were ever published, and if
so, how I might get access to them?

ErikV

botn 08-06-2013 07:50 AM

Bruce and I never had a nice thing to say to one another but it is sad to hear of his passing. When I saw that he had consigned his Boston Garters piece to the last REA auction, my first thought was that he was sick.

ScottFandango 08-06-2013 07:58 AM

Condolences to those who called him a friend....

He had a passion for cards that not many could rival....RIP

barrysloate 08-06-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikV (Post 1167296)
I haven't spoken to Bruce in quite some time. I personally
enjoyed reading his posts and his participation on the board.

Back in September 2010 he was working on his memoirs and
was hoping to have them published by March 2012. Does
anyone on the board know if they were ever published, and if
so, how I might get access to them?

ErikV

Erik,
I'm pretty sure he never tackled that project. He had actually asked me to help him with it and we had a meeting, but either deteriorating health or a change of heart ended it abruptly.

Jewish-collector 08-06-2013 08:03 AM

Sad news. My deepest condolences.

Leon 08-06-2013 08:05 AM

I had a mixed, strange relationship with Bruce as the moderator of the board. Whenever the other 3 moderators and myself would discuss Bruce, and discuss his membership after an escapade, it was usually 3 to 1, with me being the 1 that wanted to keep him on the board. Yet, Bruce usually looked at me as a foe, I wasn't. I was usually on his side, though admittedly it was tough sometimes. I am happy to say Bruce was in good standing on the board up to his day of passing. What an interesting character he was. He was certainly one of the most knowledgeable people in the hobby pertaining to the history of the hobby. We'll miss you Bruce. My condolences to Barry, Corey, other friends and family. RIP Bruces :(

JasonD08 08-06-2013 08:08 AM

RIP Bruce.