Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Rare Red Piedmont (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=179917)

Bocabirdman 12-08-2013 04:16 AM

The Rare Red Piedmont

...and the guy already has a $40 bid.....ouch..........:D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T206-1910-ED...item25862865b9

Sean 12-08-2013 04:48 AM

"This is an old original vintage card..." :rolleyes:

What an a**hole this seller must be. You can even see the paper loss on the back where the word REPRINT was removed.

the 'stache 12-08-2013 04:54 AM

Yup, I was just about to say the same thing.

Edit: I have reported the item to Ebay.

Bocabirdman 12-08-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the 'stache (Post 1214863)
Yup, I was just about to say the same thing.

Edit: I have reported the item to Ebay.

I reported him as well before I started this thread. I also contacted the seller and politely said that he (she) needs to end it and not take the bidders money. I only used three of George Carlin's Seven Words in the process. I am proud of my restraint. I WAS thinking the other four. :D

Leon 12-08-2013 08:10 AM

Yikes, there is even a seemingly legitimate bid on it. That sucks.....

frankbmd 12-08-2013 09:06 AM

10 minutes to go.

I hoped I don't get sniped.:D

Bocabirdman 12-08-2013 10:51 AM

Sold!!!! $40 out the window!!!!!!!:eek:

cardsfan73 12-08-2013 10:55 AM

He has another t206 up with horrible scans/photos. I am sure it's fake.

wazoo 12-08-2013 10:59 AM

Emailed the seller and he said he got it from an "reputable tax attorney." Figures.

iwantitiwinit 12-08-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1214948)
Emailed the seller and he said he got it from an "reputable tax attorney." Figures.

No such animal.

Bocabirdman 12-08-2013 01:59 PM

The seller contacted me saying that he will give the buyer his money back. He asked me about the second T206 that he has listed. I don't like it. What says everyone?

He has changed the listing to read reprint on the Egan..............

freakhappy 12-08-2013 03:00 PM

rare red piedmont

So rare it doesn't exist!

At least it wasn't a very high dollar item...still sucks. Inform yourself people! Don't just dive into something before knowing all the facts! Super sad :(:mad:

the 'stache 12-08-2013 03:21 PM

If he cannot tell the difference between a fake and a real T206 card, he should not be selling them.

"Up for sale is a nice old vintage Fred Merkle T206 card. It has a rare green Piedmont back, and save a little bit of back damage at the bottom of the card, it is in really nice shape!"

Sean 12-08-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the 'stache (Post 1215028)
If he cannot tell the difference between a fake and a real T206 card, he should not be selling them.

"Up for sale is a nice old vintage Fred Merkle T206 card. It has a rare green Piedmont back, and save a little bit of back damage at the bottom of the card, it is in really nice shape!"

What? You have a Merkle/ Green Piedmont?
I need it for my back run!

buymycards 12-08-2013 05:23 PM

T206

I have been messaging back and forth with the seller this afternoon. He feels bad about the T206's. He did change the current one so it says reprint in the title and he said he will contact the buyer and not accept payment for the other one.

He told me that he has a friend, (who is a tax lawyer, but that is irrelevant), who has a huge collection and has set up at shows in New York for quite a few years. Apparently, the eBay seller purchased these items from the lawyer at a show. He also purchased the Ford rookie, which looks good.

It seems that when a scammer is called out they react with threats, insults, and a lot of four letter words. This guy seems to feel bad about the situation and instead of getting rude he asked me for help. I explained some of the basics to look for when evaluating whether or not a T206 is authentic.

So, hopefully this won't happen again with this guy.

Rick

Bocabirdman 12-08-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1215065)
I have been messaging back and forth with the seller this afternoon. He feels bad about the T206's. He did change the current one so it says reprint in the title and he said he will contact the buyer and not accept payment for the other one.

He told me that he has a friend, (who is a tax lawyer, but that is irrelevant), who has a huge collection and has set up at shows in New York for quite a few years. Apparently, the eBay seller purchased these items from the lawyer at a show. He also purchased the Ford rookie, which looks good.

It seems that when a scammer is called out they react with threats, insults, and a lot of four letter words. This guy seems to feel bad about the situation and instead of getting rude he asked me for help. I explained some of the basics to look for when evaluating whether or not a T206 is authentic.

So, hopefully this won't happen again with this guy.

Rick

I, too, have been exchanging messages with the seller. I agree. I do not think that he was trying to rip anyone off. He seemed truly appreciative of being schooled a bit. He told me he is going to stick with 50's cards and newer. He has a level of comfort there......

wazoo 12-08-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bocabirdman (Post 1215072)
I, too, have been exchanging messages with the seller. I agree. I do not think that he was trying to rip anyone off. He seemed truly appreciative of being schooled a bit. He told me he is going to stick with 50's cards and newer. He has a level of comfort there......

Same exact experience for me. Genuine person.

frankbmd 12-08-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1215075)
Same exact experience for me. Genuine person.

You mean that you would put him in an Authentic holder.:eek:

I'd just give him a haircut and send him back in a top loader with a TRIMMED flip.:D