Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   REA Spring 2017 Is OPEN FOR BIDDING !!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237859)

Snapolit1 04-18-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rats60 (Post 1651864)
They want to give you time to sell off stuff to bid even higher on their auction.

Yeah, or maybe a medical bill, home repair job, or other situation/crisis rears its head in the interim . . . . .

PhillipAbbott79 04-18-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1651904)
I assume the guy who posts here from RE sees people's comments as well as you do. And obviously they have reasons for doing it that they believe are valid, regardless of how they might irk me personally. Just blowing off steam. I think 15or so days is more than adequate to get whoever is going to come to the table to the table.

I believe it is a block. :D

blackandgold 04-18-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1651809)
Have not received catalog. Not that I can afford the big ticket tems but it was always like getting a wonderful wish book.

Rich

I have not received a catalog either, but I have got several "outbid" notices. :D

spacktrack 04-18-2017 11:32 AM

If you haven't received a catalog yet and want one, please fill out this form on our website so that we can either see why you haven't received one or make sure your new request is processed. Catalogs were sent to all bidders (that is anyone who has placed a single bid since 2003) on April 7. All catalog requests are processed daily throughout the entire auction.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/...action=catalog

If you haven't received a catalog, it could be because you've never bid, you've never signed up for the auction, we received a catalog returned with a bad address, or you've previously requested not to receive them anymore (trust me, people forget they've made this request).

We love sending out catalogs and are happy to do so to anyone who's interested, but please help us help you by ensuring we have current mailing information. Dropping in a bid to let us know you're still active is always appreciated too! :)

As far as auction length is concerned, there is just far too much involved with running an auction of our size to possibly keep it open for only one week. We ship catalogs to 20 countries, we advertise in publications that publish on varying schedules, we entertain dozens of in-person viewers from around the country who travel to view items, we work to accept consignments from buyers who want to pursue items in this auction, we answer hundreds of questions from prospective bidders, we actively pursue new bidders, and countless other things. If this was an auction of single graded cards, maybe, but with the variety of items we sell, the variety of bidders we cater to, and the variety of things that we do to get the best results for our consignors, it's not practical to run it in a week or even two.

Brian

Kawika 04-18-2017 10:47 PM

My catalog arrived today out here at the end of the supply chain on Vancouver Island. Usually get catalogs after the auctions are pau so I am happy.

jcc6252 04-19-2017 12:34 PM

I don't mind longer, overlapping auctions. It gives me a chance to compare similar cards from different auctions. I'll go for the one with best eye appeal and bang for the buck.

gabrinus 04-22-2017 08:03 PM

6 lots

I don't know if this the right place to put it but I have six lots on REA..they are.

Lot#252 E93 Ty Cobb black and white blankback
Lot#318 E97 uncut panel set
Lot#362 E104-2 Honus Wagner Nadja blankback
Lot#760 T215 Pirate back Heinie Wagner
Lot#946 Tango Eggs Eddie Plank
Lot#947 Tango Eggs Ty Cobb

Thanks......Jerry

RedsFan1941 04-22-2017 08:25 PM

those 2 tango Eggs are tremendous!!!!!!! best of luck

Sean 04-22-2017 08:40 PM

And that Wagner/ Pirate is awesome as well. Good luck. :)

gabrinus 04-26-2017 08:40 PM

thanks

Thanks guys.....we'll see........Jerry