Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Twas the night before REA...... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=266583)

Snapolit1 03-15-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacktrack (Post 1862691)
Steve - did you receive a catalog for this auction? Back in September you asked to stop receiving the catalog, so we removed your name. I just checked the mailing list for this auction and your name wasn't on it. If you received a catalog, please let me know because that means someone other than me is sending our printer a mailing list.

Anyone who wishes to stop receiving a catalog, just drop us an e-mail or send me a PM. Happy to oblige. Also, anyone who receives a damaged or missing catalog, let us know and we'll happily replace it. There's usually a few every auction, usually less than one tenth of one percent of what we send out but it happens. I try and reach out to anyone who says theirs was missing, but I have to get a response to figure out where to send the replacement (and I don't always get a response!).

Thank you to all for the bids so far and thanks to all the consignors who made this auction possible. Looking forward to a fun final ten days.

Brian

Brian, thanks very much. No I have not received one and am glad you took me off the mailing list. Great catalogs but I really enjoy checking it out on my iPad/computer and often times end up never even opening up the catalog. Many thanks. Different strokes as they say. . . .

Goudey77 03-15-2019 01:30 PM

I understand the benefit of digital over hard copies. Green is good. But in my user experience I've noticed myself catching interest in items I would have never viewed through the digital-online experience.
Catalog/books allow me to view the entire auction in a holistic sense. I pick up on things I never knew existed.

Call me old school :D

Peter_Spaeth 03-15-2019 02:21 PM

I would much rather view it online, particularly with the search function. My only suggestion to Brian would be to put the grade in each title, not just the higher grades, I have never understood why REA doesn't do this.

Leon 03-18-2019 08:21 AM

I like both online and catalog. The catalog makes good reading at lunch or other places you frequently sit down :). Fortunately for my wallet there are not the few cards that when I see them I will buy them. But I have my eye on some other candy as well. So many goodies to be had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goudey77 (Post 1862823)
I understand the benefit of digital over hard copies. Green is good. But in my user experience I've noticed myself catching interest in items I would have never viewed through the digital-online experience.
Catalog/books allow me to view the entire auction in a holistic sense. I pick up on things I never knew existed.

Call me old school :D

calvindog 03-18-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1862835)
I would much rather view it online, particularly with the search function. My only suggestion to Brian would be to put the grade in each title, not just the higher grades, I have never understood why REA doesn't do this.

I feel like this could be your year.