Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I’m done (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=251063)

CrackaJackKid 02-12-2018 05:47 PM

Hmmm

I got told a new one today...apparently your turnaround time doesn’t start till 24hrs after they enter it in their system. They have always told me it had started once entered in the system. Just another excuse to get a extra day outta ya.

MULLINS5 02-15-2018 02:02 AM

I received a phone call at 10PM EST one night from someone at PSA who chewed me out over a post I made on their forum about a questionable Gretzky auto. The person who laid me out said that Joe Orlando read the post and banned me for it. That's cool, no worries, but the call was unprofessional and unnecessary. When the phone rang that late my first reaction was that something bad happened to someone in my family. I really shouldn't give them another cent but, to me, aesthetically PSA's cases are perfect. I send cards every month - and they're always late to log in and pop. I'm in no hurry, so it doesn't really bother me.

nsaddict 02-15-2018 02:22 AM

That took a lot of balls on their part! Can you imagine what would have happened if you took Joe’s hair brush and tooth whitener? Unprofessional is an understatement! That company stock drop must be getting to him?

buymycards 02-15-2018 06:44 AM

The other side

The other side of this situation is my latest experience with SGC. I mailed a T213-2 Cobb, with 5 day service, (which is not guaranteed), on Monday, Feb 5th. SGC received the package on Thursday the 8th and logged it into the system the same day. On Tuesday the 13th I received an email that the card had been graded and the results were on their website. The package was in the mail on the 14th, and I should have it back in my hands today or tomorrow.

That is a 4 business day turnaround, which includes the day that the package was logged in.

BTW, there have been a lot of posts that accuse SGC of not having a registry. but SGC DOES have a registry. I have 52 SGC graded T213-2's, with photos, listed on their registry.

Rick

glynparson 02-15-2018 08:43 AM

My thoughts

I honestly don't think they could afford ANdy anymore. They don't pay what they used to pay. From my understanding having actually heard from Joe on this subject the back log was a combination of a huge spike in submission, due to an explosion in the grading of pokemon (yes POKEMON) cards coupled with the move to the new location. And despite the snide comments on here they have to find qualified people and then train them. not just on the grading end but on the receiving and data entry end. these are valuable collectibles the people are dealing with you can't just hire anyone off the street to do it. They have apparently hired several more graders and they have been trained and they were also hiring more receiving personnel. Honestly if you are in The Newport Beach area and want a job and are qualified give them a call they are still hiring, well as of 2 weeks ago anyway. I was also told that though they are behind on the turnaround times, considerably, they are still processing the faster services levels quicker than the bulk service levels.

Johnny630 02-16-2018 04:09 AM

After the past year of submissions I've decided to only use PSA for Reviews, Reholders, and Crossovers. I'm done playing the game. All my free grades per year will be for the Red PSA/DNA holders.

Republicaninmass 02-16-2018 06:44 AM

This is great, it will clear the way for my submissions.

Sarcasm on

bbcard1 02-16-2018 06:54 AM

I strongly prefer PSA over SGC and Beckett. It is much easier to break the cards out of their slabs.

RichardSimon 02-16-2018 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a card but what I do when I get an item in a PSA holder that is for my personal collection.

Forever Young 02-16-2018 07:38 AM

If and when I ever sell my most valuable pieces.

They will be PSA authenticated, no doubt.