Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone know yepbg on eBay? Are they net54 member? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=248020)

Rhotchkiss 11-25-2017 07:11 PM

Anyone know yepbg on eBay? Are they net54 member?

If anyone knows this eBay seller and has an email address or net54 handle, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks

Ryan

edjs 11-25-2017 07:28 PM

Everybody knows him, or at least knows "of" him, lol. I don't know if he was ever on the board or not. You can always use "contact seller" on e-bay, unless of coarse you are trying to buy off e-bay. Good luck.

Rhotchkiss 11-25-2017 07:41 PM

Thanks for the reply. Trying to buy off eBay. His prices are a total joke (beyond silly high), but he has something I could use and I am hoping the guy is reasonable off eBay.

Ryan Hotchkiss

edjs 11-25-2017 07:54 PM

Here is an old thread asking the same:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ighlight=yepbg

Seems he is a member here. Huh.

jfkheat 11-25-2017 07:56 PM

It seems that he recently lowered all his prices by 35%.

Rhotchkiss 11-25-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edjs (Post 1723710)
Here is an old thread asking the same:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ighlight=yepbg

Seems he is a member here. Huh.

Good read, thank you for the link. Well, yepbg/Brian, if you are indeed a member here, I would be interested in discussing about 5-6 cards you have listed on eBay - I would buy the lot and don't want to make an offer on a single item. Please contact me here by PM or at email (contained in my stats).

orly57 11-25-2017 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like he hasn't been on here in a while. You may want to email him on eBay and ask him to check his n54 pm's. He is on that list of eBay dealers that are out of their minds.

Rhotchkiss 11-25-2017 08:44 PM

Yikes, thank you. I guess I must hit him up on eBay... Thanks everyone

Kingcobb 11-25-2017 09:06 PM

Ebay

He is not easy to deal with I made him a decent offer on a couple cards with no reply the next time he re-listed the cards he jacked the price up another couple hundred dollars. I think his cards are for show only.

Daryl Fraley

gabrinus 11-26-2017 01:08 AM

Brian

Brian is a nice guy but usually sticks to his prices....I have sold him a few cards on ebay..........Jerry

HasselhoffsCheeseburger 11-26-2017 05:45 AM

I've offered him 20% above all previously recorded sales and got nowhere. Good luck!

frohme 11-26-2017 06:27 PM

Heh

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 1723711)
It seems that he recently lowered all his prices by 35%.

Now some of them are only 100% overpriced. Others are still many multiples higher than anyone has paid in recent times ... well, anyone with any sense.

--
Mike

bobbyw8469 11-26-2017 06:35 PM

Why people even consider buying from that guy is beyond me. I got a PSA 2 1953 Mickey Mantle #82. You can have it for $10,000.

wondo 11-26-2017 07:12 PM

I've never understood the posts that criticize an Ebay or lister's seller's asking price. I would ask $1,000,000 for a 1964 Mantle if that's the cash it would take me to part with it. If it offends you, move on. Buy the 1964 Mantle from the other guy for $125, but don't complain about an individual who paid to list his.

vintagetoppsguy 11-26-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondo (Post 1723963)
I've never understood the posts that criticize an Ebay or lister's seller's asking price. I would ask $1,000,000 for a 1964 Mantle if that's the cash it would take me to part with it. If it offends you, move on. Buy the 1964 Mantle from the other guy for $125, but don't complain about an individual who paid to list his.

I disagree. We criticize buyers that make ridiculous low ball offers, so why not a seller with ridiculously high BINs? What's the difference?

Bored5000 11-26-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondo (Post 1723963)

I understand it. Ebay used to be more of a marketplace instead of a museum. When I used the term "marketplace," I am not talking about stealing a card for half its value or even BINs priced at something close to market value. But there are so many listings on eBay that will never sell because they are priced many times above market value.

It gets tiresome to see the exact same cards from the same sellers listed on eBay for years.

PWCC gets hammered on here frequently -- and the criticisms about retractions and shill bidding with PWCC are absolutely justified. But one of the main reasons PWCC has such a huge following is because much of eBay is nothing but a museum now.

glynparson 11-27-2017 03:27 AM

I agree with John

Some of you guys have gotten laughably lazy. You want it so easy type in ebay search and boom all that pops up is cheaply priced cards you want. It is not very hard to scroll past something you feel is priced to high. What's that take a fraction of a second. We used to have to drive to shows, shops, etc then search through stacks and stacks of overpriced beaters to find a diamond. It is still far easier scrolling on the computer than it used to be finding material. Having to put a little effort into finding something is not a big deal and should actually make it a little more rewarding when you do grab something. I know its easier to complain about the big bad card dealer.

Sean 11-27-2017 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glynparson (Post 1724007)
Some of you guys have gotten laughably lazy. You want it so easy type in ebay search and boom all that pops up is cheaply priced cards you want. It is not very hard to scroll past something you feel is priced to high. What's that take a fraction of a second. We used to have to drive to shows, shops, etc then search through stacks and stacks of overpriced beaters to find a diamond. It is still far easier scrolling on the computer than it used to be finding material. Having to put a little effort into finding something is not a big deal and should actually make it a little more rewarding when you do grab something. I know its easier to complain about the big bad card dealer.

And if we're being honest about it, complaining is fun. :)

Snapolit1 11-27-2017 05:13 AM

If bitching, complaining, venting, and flat out being outraged were outlawed we could shut the Internet down tomorrow.

(Does Internet still get capitalized all these years later?)

Republicaninmass 11-27-2017 05:28 AM

At least they are priced. One pet peeve at a show is seeing the one diamond, waiting around to ask a price, and then being met with a ridiculous museum piece number....show after show......after show.

Snapolit1 11-27-2017 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingcobb (Post 1723730)
He is not easy to deal with I made him a decent offer on a couple cards with no reply the next time he re-listed the cards he jacked the price up another couple hundred dollars. I think his cards are for show only.

Daryl Fraley

Has massive amounts of stuff for sale at major shows. Has more tables of stuff than anyone. Is not in it for show only. I think if you meet him at a show might do better.

ALR-bishop 11-27-2017 06:56 AM

Despite all the good advice they get here, and all the threads about them here, people like Levi and Dean and Yep seem to just stay out there doing their thing....for years. They just won't listen to reason :)

Snapolit1 11-27-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1724026)
Despite all the good advice they get here, and all the threads about them here, people like Levi and Dean and Yep seem to just stay out there doing their thing....for years. They just won't listen to reason :)

Guess their (insane) (pointless) business model is working (very well) for them.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger 11-27-2017 08:55 AM

My earlier comment wasn't a complaint, just a fact to provide context for the OP. I don't fault him for his model, it's either: 1.) working or 2.) he has zero need to sell the cards and these are just the "what it would take" prices. Either way, good for him. He's got a lot of nice stuff and it wouldn't surprise me that he gets sales by people simply wearing themselves down; wanting a card and not being able to find it anywhere else over a prolonged period of time and just giving in.

Arthur

Snapolit1 11-27-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HasselhoffsCheeseburger (Post 1724057)
My earlier comment wasn't a complaint, just a fact to provide context for the OP. I don't fault him for his model, it's either: 1.) working or 2.) he has zero need to sell the cards and these are just the "what it would take" prices. Either way, good for him. He's got a lot of nice stuff and it wouldn't surprise me that he gets sales by people simply wearing themselves down; wanting a card and not being able to find it anywhere else over a prolonged period of time and just giving in.

Arthur

Not to beat a dead horse, but
(1) yes, he has nice stuff and
(2) I doubt there are many situations where he has a card that you can't find somewhere else.

In the last few years I have bought maybe 4 or 5 things that are rare enough that they never show up anywhere. For those, sometimes you need to throw caution to the wind.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger 11-27-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1724068)
Not to beat a dead horse, but
(1) yes, he has nice stuff and
(2) I doubt there are many situations where he has a card that you can't find somewhere else.

In the last few years I have bought maybe 4 or 5 things that are rare enough that they never show up anywhere. For those, sometimes you need to throw caution to the wind.

I agree with you, I haven't bought from him. I'm simply saying I believe there's an equation that exists that separates everyone and we each have our own number.

Disposable income / patience = yepbg sales

Arthur

joshuanip 02-16-2018 02:10 PM

I am trying to find this guy too. Anyone ever get his net 54 ID?

Peter_Spaeth 02-16-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1724027)
Guess their (insane) (pointless) business model is working (very well) for them.

Then it isn't insane.

buymycards 02-16-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanip (Post 1748638)
I am trying to find this guy too. Anyone ever get his net 54 ID?

Read post #7

or look for yepbg under the "community" link.

yepbg
email.gif sendpm.gif

ALR-bishop 02-16-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1748644)
Then it isn't insane.

Peter— I think Yepdog, Dean and Levi have kept their prices high all these years just to tick people here off. Maybe that is the business plan.

joshuanip 02-16-2018 03:43 PM

I just purchased a great card from yepbg. He was solid in the transaction. I offered him a price and he offered back my price with clarification on the card. He could have just accepted but he didn’t.

mintacular 02-16-2018 10:47 PM

overpaid

Overpaid Josh? My guess is YES

Snapolit1 02-17-2018 07:24 AM

I hate it when sellers mark stuff up and try to run a business. Sucks. These guys should sell stuff way below market price. Isn’t that how every business works?

Leon 02-21-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanip (Post 1748655)
I just purchased a great card from yepbg. He was solid in the transaction. I offered him a price and he offered back my price with clarification on the card. He could have just accepted but he didn’t.

I also have made offers that were accepted and never had an issue. Some prices are high (read;most) but he will deal and is a good seller.

bobbyw8469 02-21-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1749923)
I also have made offers that were accepted and never had an issue. Some prices are high (read;most) but he will deal and is a good seller.

There is a difference between being high and being obscene. But he does what works for him. And with the market increasing anyway, all his cards went up by default. Although I am sure he floated his markup right along with it.

jfkheat 02-21-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1748752)
I hate it when sellers mark stuff up and try to run a business. Sucks. These guys should sell stuff way below market price. Isn’t that how every business works?

I realize that you are being sarcastic. Sellers marking stuff up to make a profit is how business works. Marking stuff up 400-600% of market value is a bit much. The card below normally sells for $150-170. I think $750 is a little more than ridiculous.
James

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Topps-...sAAOSwAuZX00vW

bobbyw8469 02-21-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 1749930)
I realize that you are being sarcastic. Sellers marking stuff up to make a profit is how business works. Marking stuff up 400-600% of market value is a bit much. The card below normally sells for $150-170. I think $750 is a little more than ridiculous.
James

Yep!!! It's BG!!! (LOL - maybe that's what his name means)

Snapolit1 02-21-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 1749930)
James

What really cracks me up is how some of the same people who rail against the Probsteins and Yepbgs of the world on this page then show up on BST and ask $800 for something they bought last December for $399.

bobbyw8469 02-21-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1749952)
What really cracks me up is how some of the same people who rail against the Probsteins and Yepbgs of the world on this page then show up on BST and ask $800 for something they bought last December for $399.

Not me.

bobbyw8469 02-21-2018 11:50 AM

I do like how someone won't give me $10 more than what I paid for a raw card that he needs for his collection, because I'm not entitled to get ANYTHING, but once I get it graded, I wind up selling it for $50 more than I was asking for from the raw guy.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 02-21-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1749974)
i do like how someone won't give me $10 more than what i paid for a raw card that he needs for his collection, because i'm not entitled to get anything, but once i get it graded, i wind up selling it for $50 more than i was asking for from the raw guy.

haha

bobbyw8469 02-21-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE (Post 1749988)
haha

True story....I wont name people nor the card, but it really happened.

Leon 02-21-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1749997)
True story....I wont name people nor the card, but it really happened.

Who cares what someone paid for something, I don't. (rhetorical question to me :)) If I think it's a good value I am going to buy it at their price, or whatever we negotiate, regardless if they paid $1 or more. I don't base my value on their buy price. I guess some do but I don't.
If someone asks me what I paid for something I am selling I generally tell them $1.

KMayUSA6060 02-21-2018 04:04 PM

This seller has 3 Grover Hartley cards, 2 of which I need for my PC, but his prices are exorbitant. It's quite annoying.

insidethewrapper 02-21-2018 04:14 PM

I just checked on ebay, he sure has sold a lot of cards this month and many with best offer accepted. The way people were posting on here, I thought maybe he never sold a card.

Forever Young 02-21-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1750001)
Who cares what someone paid for something, I don't. (rhetorical question to me :)) If I think it's a good value I am going to buy it at their price, or whatever we negotiate, regardless if they paid $1 or more. I don't base my value on their buy price. I guess some do but I don't.
If someone asks me what I paid for something I am selling I generally tell them $1.

100 percent agree.

Snapolit1 02-21-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever Young (Post 1750072)
100 percent agree.

Well, sort of agree. . . .

If hundreds of people considered a recent Heritage auction and the selling price was $1000, I sort of think the market has spoken and right now informed people value it (right now) at $1000. I'm not saying I won't pay $1200 or maybe $1500 for it, but I do think what others have recently paid is an important thing to know and highly relevant.

Snapolit1 02-21-2018 07:47 PM

Ah now see I'm confusing the issue.

What someone paid for it is irrelevant. I agree. That's their issue.

I confused the discussion.

Recent sales is something different.

Never mind.