Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Gehrig/Ruth signed baseball (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=271072)

BillMill 07-09-2019 11:36 AM

Gehrig/Ruth signed baseball

4 Attachment(s)
I am a new forum member. Had in my collection for years. I am 70 and have a small collection and due to health problems I am in need to get them graded. The first is this National League ball labeled Ford Frick Pres in one straight line. I had found a site that tells you how to date a ball. Ford Frick Pres was commissioner from 1935 to 1939. So it dates the ball. The main feature would be the autographs of my two favorite players when I was a young snot. The pictures are not great. Thank you Bill

BillMill 07-09-2019 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
More pics

Duluth Eskimo 07-09-2019 12:33 PM

Let me get this right. You are representing this as a real Ruth / Gehrig signed ball that has been in your collection for years. Did you place the blue / purple ink on the ball as well then erase it?

Bpm0014 07-09-2019 12:43 PM

Without even getting into the autographs, they look like they were stamped. The "ink" almost matches up perfectly to the Ford Frick stamp....

BillMill 07-09-2019 03:07 PM

The blue was there when I got this. I am not surprised if it is a possible facsimile ball. That is why I am on here. Otherwise, I could have sold it many times for quite a bit of money. I told Leon that I wanted to post my baseballs on this site and get a thumbs up or down so I can decide if I should go to the Chicago Sports show at the end of the month. I already have the tickets and hotel room reserved. I respect all opinions.

BillMill 07-09-2019 03:09 PM

It will save me some money not to spend it on a PSA certificate. I have already made my decision.

Duluth Eskimo 07-10-2019 01:02 PM

Well, if you are legit about the question you should probably have it examined in person by an expert. It does appear to be facsimile print and the other ink seems to be a little weird. You can possibly show it to an expert at the show without paying PSA big bucks to get a defenite no. There should be some autograph guys there, but I haven’t set up in years so don’t know who’s left.

BillMill 07-10-2019 05:03 PM

If I do not go to Chicago. Is anyone interested in buying a reservation for two days Holiday Inn near the show? I will throw in a one day entrance ticket August 1 and 2

David Atkatz 07-10-2019 07:34 PM

That is a printed "facsimile" baseball. It is not even Official National League.

2dueces 07-11-2019 03:04 AM

Sorry gotta ask. My favorite ball player was Mantle. I’m not far from your age. Mantle was alive and playing. The players on that ball were dead for decades when you were a young snot. You were into baseball history and dead players as a child? Seems right. ��

BillMill 07-11-2019 09:51 AM

Mantle and Maris were also my favorite. The legend of Babe Ruth stays with me. His childhood and his ability to pitch well and hit home runs. Being from Michigan, my favorites were Al Kalin, Norm Cash, Vic Wert and Bubba Horton and of course the Rock.