Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Anyone have selling advice for Hummels and Lladro? See images (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=336994)

Belfast1933 06-24-2023 07:23 AM

Anyone have selling advice for Hummels and Lladro? See images

5 Attachment(s)
Good morning all

I’m not sure if anyone here might have some helpful advice regarding these hummels, Lladro and other figures that my parents and uncle left behind after they passed.

Any advice on how to determine value and where/how to sell?

I am doing my homework on this and thought Net54 collectors may have some other collector item knowledge!

Thanks all

Jeff

nebboy 06-24-2023 11:45 AM

I see one Hummel that’s called girl in apple tree. Depending on the version it can be a $1000 or $10 if lucky version. 98% of them are tuff to sell and I had to be the cheapest on EBay to move them and even at that it takes time. Good luck and take time to look them up. Pretty easy to find book prices but expect sell prices to be fraction of that. Market I’d flooded with common ones and not many people collect anymore. I’m sure you will be able to find good homes for them.

rjackson44 06-24-2023 12:41 PM

Tuff sell

Lorewalker 06-24-2023 05:57 PM

I know this will sound totally crazy but ebay.com and google.com should offer up a wealth of information.

Belfast1933 06-24-2023 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorewalker (Post 2350425)
I know this will sound totally crazy but ebay.com and google.com should offer up a wealth of information.

And why do you think that sounds totally crazy? Just curious

todeen 06-24-2023 09:14 PM

The best antique store in my town before COVID refused to take them on consignment. he couldn't move them. So just like every other opinion giver, these are a tough sell.

My mother collects milk glass, which is also a tough sell. When she passes I'm going to keep some sentimental pieces that I know are rare and she took pride in obtaining. Other than that I'll give them away to anyone who will take them.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

Belfast1933 06-25-2023 03:54 AM

Thanks all… this is what I appreciate about this Net54 community! There is a general willingness to offer and share experiences.

I’m very grateful for your input 🤜🤛!

Jeff

JustinD 06-29-2023 09:51 AM

My grandmother had a ton of these different popular 70s and 80s collectables and after looking, the best option I found was donation and then using it as a write-off at price guide values (which were a joke compared to actual sales).

It was a bigger pain to explain to my mom that the Hummel's, Lenox, assorted crystal, and whatever else she was told was billions in uncashed money by her mother; were now essentially worthless.

swarmee 07-01-2023 11:24 AM

Since the standard deduction is so high now, your best option is likely to auction them as a lot (or lots of 5) with a local auctionhouse focused on estate liquidation.

Belfast1933 07-01-2023 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2352311)
Since the standard deduction is so high now, your best option is likely to auction them as a lot (or lots of 5) with a local auctionhouse focused on estate liquidation.

Cool, thx for the advice…