Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   September Pickups (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244443)

ValKehl 09-06-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 1697881)
Its not pretty nor was it cheap. However, I am happy to have finally completed my Series 4 set with this pickup! I had been stuck on 48/49 for almost two years until this one popped up. Thank you David!

Congrats Jason! It seems like only yesterday that you began collecting T210s! Hope you don't mind my asking, but how many of the eight T210 series have you now completed?

Joe_G. 09-06-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 1697881)
Its not pretty nor was it cheap. However, I am happy to have finally completed my Series 4 set with this pickup! I had been stuck on 48/49 for almost two years until this one popped up. Thank you David!

Very nice Jason, completing a full Series is worthy of its own thread. Congrats!

bnorth 09-06-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValKehl (Post 1698527)
Congrats Jason! It seems like only yesterday that you began collecting T210s! Hope you don't mind my asking, but how many of the eight T210 series have you now completed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_G. (Post 1698618)
Very nice Jason, completing a full Series is worthy of its own thread. Congrats!

A big +1 on both posts. Start a new thread us fellow T210 collectors can drool over.:)

Vintagecatcher 09-06-2017 07:43 PM

Bill Carrigan T204 Ramly

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up this nice Bill Carrigan T204 Ramly today.

Thanks to Don H.

Patrick

Jason 09-06-2017 08:14 PM

T210-4 Complete!

:D

ajjohnsonsoxfan 09-06-2017 09:11 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Wow that Horner is amazing! The clarity on those is just jaw dropping. Love the hair with the parting down the middle.

From the same time period....Here's an item that after extensive research have not seen another (would be very interested to know if anyone else has). Didn't even see one in the Dreier collection. Measuring 2'9" x 13" x 9.5" this Cracker Jack crate was used to ship 100 cartons from the Rueckheim Bros. & Eckstein factory in Chicago. Stamped on the top "C.F. Narhold Co Cleveland" and "Neumeyer & Beach C-O Park Chippewa Lake OH" both candy manufacturers and creameries and were likely business destinations for the sweet confections during the life of the crate. I believe these crates were used to deliver the cartons and possibly unloaded and brought back to the factory to re-use. The wood is very light weight which makes it even more remarkable that this survived 100+ years. On all sides you have red and black writing that is has been stamped into the wood. The metal hinges are functional but missing some screws and both hinges and screws look old to the period. Would love to know if anyone knows anything more about these crates!

orly57 09-06-2017 09:24 PM

AJ, that is fantastic. Goes well with your original CJ box too. What a unique and beautiful item. Congrats man.

ajjohnsonsoxfan 09-06-2017 09:28 PM

Thanks Orlando!

Jobu 09-06-2017 09:45 PM

Nice AJ!

That sure is a lot of packaging for a single cardboard box of Cracker Jacks -- maybe the shipper now works for Christies? :D

Seriously though, that is a great display you have.

KMayUSA6060 09-07-2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan (Post 1698654)
Wow that Horner is amazing! The clarity on those is just jaw dropping. Love the hair with the parting down the middle.

From the same time period....Here's an item that after extensive research have not seen another (would be very interested to know if anyone else has). Didn't even see one in the Dreier collection. Measuring 2'9" x 13" x 9.5" this Cracker Jack crate was used to ship 100 cartons from the Rueckheim Bros. & Eckstein factory in Chicago. Stamped on the top "C.F. Narhold Co Cleveland" and "Neumeyer & Beach C-O Park Chippewa Lake OH" both candy manufacturers and creameries and were likely business destinations for the sweet confections during the life of the crate. I believe these crates were used to deliver the cartons and possibly unloaded and brought back to the factory to re-use. The wood is very light weight which makes it even more remarkable that this survived 100+ years. On all sides you have red and black writing that is has been stamped into the wood. The metal hinges are functional but missing some screws and both hinges and screws look old to the period. Would love to know if anyone knows anything more about these crates!

I wonder if I can find anything out about these. My fiancee is from Seville, OH, which is right next to Chippewa Lake. In fact it's a 2 minute drive from her house to the actual Chippewa Lake, which used to be a booming lake with an amusement park and everything. Her family has lived in that area for A LONG time.

Excellent, excellent pickup.