Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   RMY Auctions September Collectors Auction ENDS TONIGHT (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=229359)

prewarsports 10-01-2016 03:50 PM

RMY Auctions September Collectors Auction ENDS TONIGHT

RMY Auctions September Collectors Auction End TONIGHT October 1st. There is still time to register and bid before it goes into extended bidding at 8:00pm EST. The Auction closes at midnight no matter what!

www.RMYAuctions.com

There are some quality images of Ruth and Gehrig as well as Mantle Maris and a ton of non-sports!

Snapolit1 10-02-2016 09:21 AM

I'm jinxed. Just can't do it right. Woke up at 1 am to double down on some bids and it was closed already. Just don't understand the business model that leaves money on the table while willing customers are sleeping. Three photos I would have paid significantly more for. Not criticizing RMY, they all do it.

Snapolit1 10-02-2016 09:27 AM

The first photo in their auction was Ruth Gehrig Cobb Speaker. Iconic shot. Sold for significant less than a much weaker version sold in Goldin a few weeks ago. Someone got a nice deal. I would have gone much higher but was exhausted from work and fell asleep.

bn2cardz 10-02-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1590246)
I'm jinxed. Just can't do it right. Woke up at 1 am to double down on some bids and it was closed already. Just don't understand the business model that leaves money on the table while willing customers are sleeping. Three photos I would have paid significantly more for. Not criticizing RMY, they all do it.

In their case, though, you know exactly when they will end. They close at 12pm EST. They aren't like the other houses when you have no idea. Sometimes I just leave max bids before going to sleep (Because those that wait until the last second may not have enough time to put in more than a couple of bids). Or like last night I stay up until close.

JoeyFarino 10-02-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1590252)
The first photo in their auction was Ruth Gehrig Cobb Speaker. Iconic shot. Sold for significant less than a much weaker version sold in Goldin a few weeks ago. Someone got a nice deal. I would have gone much higher but was exhausted from work and fell asleep.

Crazy to think i couldve bought that photo for 1k a little over a year ago...smh. prices for photos are definitely rising

Snapolit1 10-02-2016 11:21 AM

I'm a broken down old man. Even midnight is well past my bedtime. What can I say.

JoeyFarino 10-02-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1590246)

I love RMY's end time. Any auction house that ends at 3 a.m is just crazy to me. Who really wants to wake up that late to bid....unless youre drunk and out partying

bn2cardz 10-02-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1590302)
I'm a broken down old man. Even midnight is well past my bedtime. What can I say.

Understand. That is why I say I sometimes put in a max bid. For me it is 11 central so if I am still awake at 10:30 I just force the extra half hour.