Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kaminksi Auctions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=258722)

Leon 08-16-2018 08:32 AM

Kaminksi Auctions

Has anyone dealt with these fine folks? They seem to think that if they misrepresent an item in their auction then I am still bound to pay. The only way to circumvent paying for it is with a written request asking about the item. They say that is the way their system works. I told them this is America and that is not the way America works anid with only 2 days left it is a time sensitive question. They said I don't need to bid in their auctions. I said the person on the phone was an idiot and hung up. They cancelled my registration fortunately. LOL

RedsFan1941 08-16-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1804362)
Has anyone dealt with these fine folks? They seem to think that if they misrepresent an item in their auction then I am still bound to pay. The only way to circumvent paying for it is with a written request asking about the item. They say that is the way their system works. I told them this is America and that is not the way America works anid with only 2 days left it is a time sensitive question. They said I don't need to bid in their auctions. I said the person on the phone was an idiot and hung up. They cancelled my registration fortunately. LOL

what was the item? there aren't a sports auction house are they?

x2drich2000 08-16-2018 09:25 AM

I think it was this for his puppies to admire :D

http://auctions.kaminskiauctions.com...13509a_sm.jpeg

Leon 08-16-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1804372)
what was the item? there aren't a sports auction house are they?

It was a photo. I think they sell everything and not a lot of sports. The person on the phone was quite adamant and testy as to me paying for an item even if they misrepresented it. I can't imagine telling a customer that if my company makes a mistake they are still bound to buy the item. I don't care about any processes. If I make a material mistake (repro or real?) I am not making someone else pay for it, whether they followed MY rule or not.

pclpads 08-16-2018 11:03 AM

There are too many quality AH out there to fool around with screwballs like this who haven't an effing clue. :(

bobbyw8469 08-16-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pclpads (Post 1804403)
There are too many quality AH out there to fool around with screwballs like this who haven't an effing clue. :(

What he said.

Buythatcard 08-16-2018 11:22 AM

Leon, I don't think that you are alone. Check out some of their reviews.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kami...8cf0272ee,1,,,

drcy 08-16-2018 11:24 AM

"Kaminski? That name sound made up"-- Kramer (adaptation)

scooter729 08-16-2018 11:52 AM

I emailed them earlier this week (first time I'd heard of them, despite living less than an hour away). No email back. There was an item I was interested in from their current auction - I considered just going to their live auction, but realize weekend time with my kids has to outweigh the likely reproduction item I would spend half a day going to check out...

Republicaninmass 08-16-2018 12:05 PM

I went to see what they had back in my old MA days. Throughly unimpressed with the facility and the workers, as well as the results of my oriental rug, and signed antique paintings. I think the rug hammered at %25 of their estimate, and the paintings I could have sol le for more at a yard sale as the frames alone would have brought out the buyers. They have been around a long time, and their name has been circulating, probably the one reason they get any consignments

oldjudge 08-16-2018 03:42 PM

If you eliminate them from the list you are down to 8743 different sports auctions. How will you get by?

ctownboy 08-16-2018 08:26 PM

Kaminsky?

Wasn't that the name of one of the suspects Scotland Yard thought might be Jack the Ripper?

David

Throttlesteer 08-16-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctownboy (Post 1804550)
Kaminsky?

Wasn't that the name of one of the suspects Scotland Yard thought might be Jack the Ripper?

David

Actually, I think he played for the Colorado Avalanche

MikeGarcia 08-16-2018 09:40 PM

As I Recall...Kaminsky

Quote:

Kaminsky?

David

..I believe he set up a rival government after the somewhat involuntary exit of Czar Nicholas.....

ctownboy 08-16-2018 10:24 PM

My bad, I just Googled it and the man's name was Aaron Kosminski who was a suspect.

David

Jayjones82 08-16-2018 11:17 PM

I purchased some sports lots from them 2 or 3 months ago. While I thought the lots were accurately represented (and quite pleased at the prices I paid), they use a 3rd party shipper that charged wayyyyyy too much.

BengoughingForAwhile 08-17-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Kaminsky?

David

Besides running a great auction house I think he also led the Badgers into the Final Four a few years ago.

ruth_rookie 08-18-2018 06:47 AM

I would ask him to show me where in the terms and conditions that it declares one must pay for a misrepresented item.