Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   VCP got a face lift (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=271224)

Baseball Bob 07-14-2019 02:30 PM

Bobby-
Overall a nice upgrade, but honestly, the login and search field should be front and center of the home page, not an extra click away. My ancient hand hurt enough from clicking that I don’t need more clicks!

Thanks, Eric

martyp 07-14-2019 11:59 PM

I just searched 1958 Mays and the only result that I got was 1958 Yoo-Hoo matchbook Mantle. What do I need to do different?

BobbyVCP 07-15-2019 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563205405

In the search you choose Baseball and Keywords if you typed 1958 Mays then this would be your results. I see 9 different cards for Willie and no Mantle.

Sean1125 07-15-2019 09:48 AM

It looks like VCP has a live chat feature to speak with a customer agent. I love this feature! I identify mis-sales or small errors all the time and to know someone corrects them in real time gives me more confidence in the data I am reviewing.

Leon 07-15-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfish (Post 1898689)
There is a group of d bags that try to sell cards before the buy price hits your site. They quote the last reported sale as their data point.

Would Leon be open to creating a list of hobby deplorables that use this tactic?

You don't even like putting your name out here now. :) And I am not into managing it.

BobbyVCP 07-15-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean1125 (Post 1899116)
It looks like VCP has a live chat feature to speak with a customer agent. I love this feature! I identify mis-sales or small errors all the time and to know someone corrects them in real time gives me more confidence in the data I am reviewing.

Also on the bottom right of every page is "Report a problem" this is the better way. We fix the errors usually within minutes.

Baseballcrazy62 07-15-2019 10:33 AM

Bobby: thank you.

BobbyVCP 07-15-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-2-count (Post 1898827)
Bobby, even as a gold member images are small in size. I realize you've implemented a circular zoom feature by touching the image with the cursor which is great, but do you also plan on having larger images available such as what the old site offered?

In regards to the images we really have no control of the sizes because it is what the sellers post. The larger images posted by sellers will have a stronger magnification on VCP than the smaller images. I hope that this makes sense.

BobbyVCP 07-15-2019 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The T206 search has been fixed and wanted to show you.http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563231280

martyp 07-15-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyVCP (Post 1899115)
http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563205405

In the search you choose Baseball and Keywords if you typed 1958 Mays then this would be your results. I see 9 different cards for Willie and no Mantle.

I am now getting what you posted. Thanks for the fix

Rhotchkiss 07-16-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyVCP (Post 1899216)
The T206 search has been fixed and wanted to show you.http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563231280

Bobby, great fix!! this is huge for me and T206 guys. Thank You!

t206kid 07-16-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyVCP (Post 1899216)

I agree with Ryan, this is great. Thank you so much for implementing this.

jhs5120 07-16-2019 07:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The search feature at the set level no longer works. If you type in a number, it pulls too many results (every card with that number in the price).

If you type in multiple numbers, nothing is pulled.

Is this something on the list of getting fixed? I use the multiple search function most days. Thanks!

MULLINS5 07-16-2019 09:21 PM

How about addressing the recent posts on Blowout and CU?

BobbyVCP 07-17-2019 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyFan1883 (Post 1898911)
Hi Bobby,

I hope all is well. Congrats on the new look site..
Something I have noticed being a M101-5 and m101-4 collector is #186 Zach Wheat in the -5 section is not listed correctly- Bobby Wallace cards are in the wheat sold comps section. And no 186 Bobby Wallace listed. I have noticed others players missing also.. referencing all the card numbers and variations may be helpful. The best source to see the true master set list is old cardboard .com combined master set list of m101-4s and m101-5s.. I would like to see wheat comps also who is the same number..

I noticed this on the old site also.

Thank you,
Connor

I just fixed the set, still can not move sales data around yet. As soon as I get the green light for that then that can be adjusted. Still working on fixing a lot of things that really could not be tested until we moved servers and into the new software.

BobbyVCP 07-17-2019 01:47 AM

To the person the asked for the Oh card to be moved. We had to move it back temporarily because the image did not go with it. Need to fix that first
and then we will move it to the correct listing.

Peter_Spaeth 07-17-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULLINS5 (Post 1899610)
How about addressing the recent posts on Blowout and CU?

Like the one suggesting Bobby under another ID is threatening to once again pull the buyer ID data? Or the one criticizing him for the mega PWCC banner ad?

Leon 07-17-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1899722)
Like the one suggesting Bobby under another ID is threatening to once again pull the buyer ID data? Or the one criticizing him for the mega PWCC banner ad?

Personally I would not answer anonymous trolls if I were him. People who are not hiding behind a keyboard I would answer.

jhs5120 07-17-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1899574)
The search feature at the set level no longer works. If you type in a number, it pulls too many results (every card with that number in the price).

If you type in multiple numbers, nothing is pulled.

Is this something on the list of getting fixed? I use the multiple search function most days. Thanks!

Hi Bobby!

To prevent this from getting sidetracked, I wanted to highlight this question again.

Thanks,

BobbyVCP 07-17-2019 11:11 AM

I am only a member on this board and only post on this board. Here is where VCP started 12 years ago. Here is a place that I respect their opinion and ideas and value the feedback given.

I hope this answers your question Peter_Spaeth

HasselhoffsCheeseburger 07-17-2019 11:53 AM

Bobby, you got caught redhanded posting under an alt on CU. I mean, come on... you literally identified yourself in the older posts. I know it's embarrassing but have a sense of humor about it.

Arthur

Batpig 07-17-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyVCP (Post 1899742)
I am only a member on this board and only post on this board. Here is where VCP started 12 years ago. Here is a place that I respect their opinion and ideas and value the feedback given.

Total and utter garbage, and anyone that reads those threads will see that. If you’d just own up to it, you might regain some credibility. The fact that you aren’t has made me rethink giving you the benefit of the doubt about protecting PWCC.

Peter_Spaeth 07-17-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

OK I am asking you the same question under my name, not in an accusatory way, just curious why there seems to be difficultly saving images that were not difficult to save before.

On a frankly more confrontational note, obviously you are not responding to the question I myself asked, which is why you are still promoting PWCC, since you don't by your own statements need their revenue.

BobbyVCP 07-17-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1899760)
OK I am asking you the same question under my name, not in an accusatory way, just curious why there seems to be difficultly saving images that were not difficult to save before.

On a frankly more confrontational note, obviously you are not responding to the question I myself asked, which is why you are still promoting PWCC, since you don't by your own statements need their revenue.

Saving images? Not sure what you mean by this and did not know you could even do this on the old site. If you could it is new to me. Viewing images of past sales I can see we now have an image viewer so that you do not have to keep going back to the page and clicking.

In regards to PWCC and advertising. At the beginning of each year they purchase X amount of days for our side panel blitz program and pay for the whole year in advance in order to get a better rate. They have been doing this with us for the past 6 or 7 years now.

Peter_Spaeth 07-17-2019 01:07 PM

If I had a website I would not want an ad from a fraudster to be the first thing people saw when they opened it. Take down the ad and refund the balance of his payment, how hard would that be? Is he going to sue you?

Peter_Spaeth 07-17-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

So to be clear, do you deny you are ConcernedCollec on Blowout? People might have ways of finding out, keep in mind.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger 07-17-2019 01:14 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Z1BTGhofioRxK/source.gif

Peter_Spaeth 07-17-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1899731)
Personally I would not answer anonymous trolls if I were him. People who are not hiding behind a keyboard I would answer.

I would not characterize the guys who have found all these altered cards as trolls, with due respect.

jhs5120 07-17-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1899779)
If I had a website I would not want an ad from a fraudster to be the first thing people saw when they opened it. Take down the ad and refund the balance of his payment, how hard would that be? Is he going to sue you?

And thus Peter Spaeth has so commanded. Sorry Bobby, I guess you're going to need to refund PWCC.

On a side note, could you let me know whether the search feature is getting fixed?

Thanks again.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger 07-17-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1899784)
So to be clear, do you deny you are ConcernedCollec on Blowout? People might have ways of finding out, keep in mind.

This is a good one but the KauaBB on CU is much better and what caused the Blowout outing. "Who is Bobby?" has a non-zero chance of getting made into a t-shirt.

https://forums.collectors.com/discus...new-vcp#latest

Arthur

ETA: But don't worry, I totally believe your entire Memorial Day BS story now after all of this. Get busted posting under an alt? Double-down and do it again! That's how honest folk work.

Peter_Spaeth 07-17-2019 01:35 PM

[QUOTE=jhs5120;1899791]And thus Peter Spaeth has so commanded. Sorry Bobby, I guess you're going to need to refund PWCC.

On a side note, could you let me know whether the search feature is getting fixed?

Thanks again.[/QUOTE

Better to continue having people open up the website and see a huge ad from a fraudster. Cool.

jhs5120 07-17-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1899797)
Better to continue having people open up the website and see a huge ad from a fraudster. Cool.

Personally I'd rather see the money in Bobby's hands to continue improving the site.

If you're going to police what ad revenue companies accept, you're going to be a very busy man. Let Bobby run his company.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger 07-17-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1899800)
Personally I'd rather see the money in Bobby's hands to continue improving the site.

If you're going to police what ad revenue companies accept, you're going to be a very busy man. Let Bobby run his company.

Seriously guys. Johnson & Johnson, Pablo Escobar: you say toe-may-toe I say toe-mah-toe.

Arthur

BobbyVCP 07-17-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1899791)

Thanks again.

Can you elaborate on this? If it is in regards to the T206 Cobb search under Key Words...that has already been fixed and now showing back combinations as well.

If not than you need to tell me again, sorry if I missed it the first time.

Bicem 07-17-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

*crickets chirping*

jhs5120 07-17-2019 02:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyVCP (Post 1899805)
Can you elaborate on this? If it is in regards to the T206 Cobb search under Key Words...that has already been fixed and now showing back combinations as well.

If not than you need to tell me again, sorry if I missed it the first time.

Hi Bobby,

See post # 63. When you go to any set page, the "Filter by Card # or Name" no longer works properly. The search function can no longer register multiple entries ("4, 76, 112, 156" for example) and when you search for a number, it will pull up too many incorrect results (mistakenly pulling the sales prices along with the set numbers). Please see the attached screen grabs.

Thanks!
Jason

I am primarily concerned with the multiple entries function, but the second issue can be somewhat annoying.

CuriousGeorge 07-17-2019 02:22 PM

Jason, you couldn’t have cropped PWCC out of those illustrations on the top left? Are you looking to cause a riot here??

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1899807)
Hi Bobby,

See post # 63. When you go to any set page, the "Filter by Card # or Name" no longer works properly. The search function can no longer register multiple entries ("4, 76, 112, 156" for example) and when you search for a number, it will pull up too many incorrect results (mistakenly pulling the sales prices along with the set numbers). Please see the attached screen grabs.

Thanks!
Jason

I am primarily concerned with the multiple entries function, but the second issue can be somewhat annoying.

JeremyW 07-17-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Or kauaBB on PSA's site?

jhs5120 07-17-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge (Post 1899811)
Jason, you couldn’t have cropped PWCC out of those illustrations on the top left? Are you looking to cause a riot here??

Hopefully Peter doesn't make me write lines at the chalkboard. :)

BobbyVCP 07-17-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1899807)
Hi Bobby,

Thanks!
Jason

Right now the filter is set up for single entry and not multiple. We are looking into making it a multiple point. So you will be able to enter 1,8,296 with the key part being the "comma".

In your second image we did not catch this because we never tried the filter will the Grade/Grader was on, it appears it is picking up all the 88 in the values as well. We need to adjust this to only read the name column.

Putting in a fix ticket now.

Thanks for pointing that out.

jhs5120 07-17-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyVCP (Post 1899819)
Right now the filter is set up for single entry and not multiple. We are looking into making it a multiple point. So you will be able to enter 1,8,296 with the key part being the "comma".

In your second image we did not catch this because we never tried the filter will the Grade/Grader was on, it appears it is picking up all the 88 in the values as well. We need to adjust this to only read the name column.

Putting in a fix ticket now.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Happy to help and I appreciate the response. Going forward, when do you believe multiple entries will be available again?

Also, if you do make multiple entries available, you might need to reconfigure the current search mechanism. If I search "5, 65, 118" it will pull cards 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, etc.

I like the new set up. My only gripe is the multiple fields search. Other than that, I think there are a ton of improvements.

CuriousGeorge 07-17-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1899816)

I’m hoping you don’t get smacked in the butt with a ruler.

Peter_Spaeth 07-17-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1899816)

LOL Jason.

BobbyVCP 07-17-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1899822)
Happy to help and I appreciate the response. Going forward, when do you believe multiple entries will be available again?

Also, if you do make multiple entries available, you might need to reconfigure the current search mechanism. If I search "5, 65, 118" it will pull cards 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, etc.

I like the new set up. My only gripe is the multiple fields search. Other than that, I think there are a ton of improvements.

By putting in the 5 you are getting the 5,15,25,35,etc...

Plan is to make the "Comma" the stop point for that request.

Getting it into action hope it wont be that long maybe a few days.

jhs5120 07-17-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyVCP (Post 1899829)
By putting in the 5 you are getting the 5,15,25,35,etc...

Plan is to make the "Comma" the stop point for that request.

Getting it into action hope it wont be that long maybe a few days.

That would be huge. Thank you again!

Leon 07-17-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1899790)
I would not characterize the guys who have found all these altered cards as trolls, with due respect.

Please don't put words in my mouth . There are a few good guys over there but there are a ton of trolls too.

Peter_Spaeth 07-17-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1899886)
Please don't put words in my mouth . There are a few good guys over there but there are a ton of trolls too.

The guy asking Bobby the question was one of the guys outing the altered cards. You said to Bobby you would not reply to an anonymous troll. So it seemed a fair comment.

Leon 07-17-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1899888)
The guy asking Bobby the question was one of the guys outing the altered cards. You said to Bobby you would not reply to an anonymous troll. So it seemed a fair comment.

So the mods over there will out Bobby (if he was there) but not one of the trolls saying i sell drugs to kids? Great place. And those guys doing all of the outing could be Peter Nash or worse. How do you know they aren't? I imagine some of the guys are decent guys but without knowing who they are how do you know? I could almost guarantee some are low life criminals, but again, since the mods protect them there is no way to know. Cesspool with a few good guys if you ask me. No thanks. Btw, Did the guy(s) over there accusing Bobby have names next to their ids?

Peter_Spaeth 07-17-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1899906)
So the mods over there will out Bobby (if he was there) but not one of the trolls saying i sell drugs to kids? Great place. And those guys doing all of the outing could be Peter Nash or worse. How do you know they aren't? I imagine some of the guys are decent guys but without knowing who they are how do you know? I could almost guarantee some are low life criminals, but again, since the mods protect them there is no way to know. Cesspool with a few good guys if you ask me. No thanks. Btw, Did the guy(s) over there accusing Bobby have names next to their ids?

I am not defending the whole concept of that board, I was only responding to a specific comment you made about one question asked there by one guy. I took your comment to imply that guy was a troll and I disagree.

That said, I fully support your policy of requiring names, as you know. But I've had lots of communications with the people on Blowout doing the outing and I either know who they are or am satisfied that they are acting with integrity. And their work really doesn't depend on who they are, pictures are pictures.

Leon 07-17-2019 06:32 PM

So acting with integrity even if you are a criminal is ok, got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1899910)
I am not defending the whole concept of that board, I was only responding to a specific comment you made about one question asked there by one guy. I took your comment to imply that guy was a troll and I disagree.

That said, I fully support your policy of requiring names, as you know. But I've had lots of communications with the people on Blowout doing the outing and I either know who they are or am satisfied that they are acting with integrity. And their work really doesn't depend on who they are, pictures are pictures.