Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The ultimate trade up (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238153)

Bpm0014 04-19-2017 01:01 PM

I'd say a few hundred bucks for the wags photo.

I'm not sure it would be that high. Maybe to the right collector though. I'd say $75-$200 would be a good estimate. Photos have also completely exploded in the last year (especially Ruth, Gehrig, and Joe Jackson). Photos that used to go for $50 a couple of years ago now easily go into the hundreds if not thousands.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 04-19-2017 01:13 PM

Well I do not want this damn photo lol does someone want it in a trade?

Let's go! I'd sell it too!

KingFisk 04-19-2017 01:14 PM

Good stuff, everyone. Always found vintage photo collecting interesting as the ignoramus that I am. Never realized it was such a robust market before reading about it on here. I always just assumed the money was in negatives but not necessarily in the actual developed prints which theoretically could have been struck limitlessly. Guess it's like anything else with scarcity and demand.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bn2cardz 04-19-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bpm0014 (Post 1652203)
I'd say a few hundred bucks for the wags photo.

I'm not sure it would be that high. Maybe to the right collector though. I'd say $75-$200 would be a good estimate. Photos have also completely exploded in the last year (especially Ruth, Gehrig, and Joe Jackson). Photos that used to go for $50 a couple of years ago now easily go into the hundreds if not thousands.

That is a very generous estimate. If it is a Wire, as it was originally advertised, I don't see a non playing Wagner Wire selling for over $100. Wire photos do not carry the demand originals do. Neither do post playing day photos compared to playing days. I think the $40 it sold for in 2015 is about what I would expect it to receive today. Now if it turns out it isn't really a Wire as Rhys originally claimed, then it is possible it sells/trades for a slightly higher price.

conor912 04-19-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bn2cardz (Post 1652226)
That is a very generous estimate. If it is a Wire, as it was originally advertised, I don't see a non playing Wagner Wire selling for over $100. Wire photos do not carry the demand originals do. Neither do post playing day photos compared to playing days. I think the $40 it sold for in 2015 is about what I would expect it to receive today. Now if it turns out it isn't really a Wire as Rhys originally claimed, then it is possible it sells/trades for a slightly higher price.

Agreed. Even though image quality can vary wildly on wire photos, even the best rarely sell for more than $50.

Dewey 04-19-2017 03:43 PM

Edit...nevermind, you were totally right... Regardless, I agree with you on the price.

Fun thread! Good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bn2cardz (Post 1652226)

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 04-20-2017 12:13 PM

No offers on the remaining cards?

Gonna hit ebay for a 10 day auction soon.

ullmandds 04-20-2017 01:02 PM

I would throw it up for auction on the Buy sell thread... you can't lose momentum !😬

Luke 04-20-2017 01:03 PM

I saw your T206 Overall on ebay. In my opinion, in order to have any chance of reaching your goal within a few years rather than decades, you need to churn through your "inventory" and turn it into new stuff. If you had millions of dollars worth of cards, you could price stuff like Dean's and not care if you only sell a few things per week. The Overall is a $30 card if you're lucky. Listing it for $100 is just shooting yourself in the foot. You won't get any offers and your trade up inventory will just sit stagnant. Again, my opinion, but I think you need to just get someone to pay $30 and roll that $30 into something else.

It's been fun to follow along, I'm rooting for you.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 04-20-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 1652566)
I saw your T206 Overall on ebay. In my opinion, in order to have any chance of reaching your goal within a few years rather than decades, you need to churn through your "inventory" and turn it into new stuff. If you had millions of dollars worth of cards, you could price stuff like Dean's and not care if you only sell a few things per week. The Overall is a $30 card if you're lucky. Listing it for $100 is just shooting yourself in the foot. You won't get any offers and your trade up inventory will just sit stagnant. Again, my opinion, but I think you need to just get someone to pay $30 and roll that $30 into something else.

It's been fun to follow along, I'm rooting for you.

The overall is not part of the trade up. That's why it's priced as such. Only what is listed in this thread is available. That was a different trade that didn't involve the Walter Johnson. Ps it's best offer so someone can offer anything.