Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Help Please: Identifying Signatures on Baseball (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=191985)

mechgingeneer 08-06-2014 02:22 PM

Help Please: Identifying Signatures on Baseball

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! I'm new to forum, but I wanted to see if y'all could help me out. I have a baseball from 1998 signed by Derek Jeter & Ron Gant. But, before I send it in to get authenticated, I need to figure out who the other two signatures are. I've tried to do some research, but I can't find much.

My mother got this ball for me when she went to the 1998 Super Show Reception (I believe it was in Atlanta). Jeter signed one side in his trademark blue ink, and the other 3 signed the other side.

I'm planning on selling the ball for money for school, but I'm aware that it's worth way more authenticated. So before I send it into PSA I want to make sure I know all the names on the ball.

Thanks for your help!

effe 08-06-2014 03:03 PM

The middle one looks like Royce Clayton

clydepepper 08-07-2014 12:09 AM

top (of three) is Ron Gant

DaClyde 08-07-2014 07:19 AM

The first one is clearly supposed to be Derek Jeter.

mechgingeneer 08-07-2014 09:35 AM

Yes, the first one is Derek Jeter, and the top one on the other side is Ron Gant. Royce Clayton was a good catch, looks like it is a match. So the only one I don't know is the bottom one. I can't even get a regular name out of it to try searching. Any ideas?

clydepepper 08-07-2014 09:41 AM

Bottom signature maybe- Rick Schu

mckinneyj 08-07-2014 09:43 AM

Ben Grieve ?

mechgingeneer 08-07-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1307179)
Bottom signature maybe- Rick Schu

His is a little more defined...and has more letters in the examples i've seen.

I don't think it's Ben Grieve either...doesn't look like his signature.

clydepepper 08-07-2014 09:53 AM

Gant and Clayton were teammates on '97 & '98 Cardinals.

Since the three signatures appear to be done with the same pen, it's a possibility that all three were teammates at the time of the signings.

You should check those two rosters.

Brian Jordan was a teammate both years and currently works with Gant on Braves' games, but his signature doesn't match the last one.

mechgingeneer 08-07-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1307189)
Since the three signatures appear to be done with the same pen, it's a possibility that all three were teammates at the time of the signings.

You should check those two rosters.

I checked both rosters, to no avail...it's a pretty unique signature, I can only make out a couple of the letters

Paul S 08-07-2014 06:28 PM

I don't mean to spoil the guessing un over here, but have you checked out the Autograph section of Net54? They are experts over there. Mostly vintage but some modern. Click on the Memorabilia/Autograph link icon just under the banners at the top of this page and then go to Autographs.

packs 08-08-2014 12:18 PM

Purely a guess here but could the mystery sig be Ryan Klesko?

http://ryankleskofanclub.tripod.com/KleskoLogo.JPG

clydepepper 08-08-2014 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mechgingeneer (Post 1306893)
Hey guys! I'm new to forum, but I wanted to see if y'all could help me out. I have a baseball from 1998 signed by Derek Jeter & Ron Gant. But, before I send it in to get authenticated, I need to figure out who the other two signatures are. I've tried to do some research, but I can't find much.

My mother got this ball for me when she went to the 1998 Super Show Reception (I believe it was in Atlanta). Jeter signed one side in his trademark blue ink, and the other 3 signed the other side.

I'm planning on selling the ball for money for school, but I'm aware that it's worth way more authenticated. So before I send it into PSA I want to make sure I know all the names on the ball.

Thanks for your help!

Probably not Klesko
Attachment 155865