Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   MEARS Auctions Ends Saturday, September 29th, 2012 - Many Authenticated Autographs (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=157087)

MEARSAUCTIONS 09-28-2012 12:16 PM

MEARS Auctions Ends Saturday, September 29th, 2012 - Many Authenticated Autographs

Autograph collectors, we have 100's of authenticated autographs in our current auction including several signed baseball, football, and basketball single signed vintage trading cards. Highlites include Roberto Clemente, Jimmie Foxx, and many more.

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/

Auction ends Saturday, September 29th, 2012, with the 15 minute rule in effect starting at 9:00 CST.

Thanks,

The Staff of MEARS

chaddurbin 09-29-2012 11:11 AM

is it just on my end...or is there a glitch in the bidding software where when you go to enter a max bid...it takes effect over what the next current bid should be. i.e. card is at $45, next bid should be $50, but if you leave a max bid of $68 and submit the bid jumps from $45>$68 and not $50.

i emailed/called them because i'm bidding on a larger item and every increment i can save would help. left them a voicemail hopefully they're on top of this.

yanks12025 09-29-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1040291)
is it just on my end...or is there a glitch in the bidding software where when you go to enter a max bid...it takes effect over what the next current bid should be. i.e. card is at $45, next bid should be $50, but if you leave a max bid of $68 and submit the bid jumps from $45>$68 and not $50.

i emailed/called them because i'm bidding on a larger item and every increment i can save would help. left them a voicemail hopefully they're on top of this.

Sure your not clicking straight bid?

chaddurbin 09-29-2012 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
no i'm clicking max bid. do a test bid and see if it's just me. just go to the confirmation page you don't have to go all the way to see.

here's me clicking on max bid for a lefty grove card. notice the next and max bid is the same on the confirmation page...from $45 to $75! it may just be on my computer???

yanks12025 09-29-2012 11:29 AM

But once you click submit bid, it will be to the lowest bid. So if the other bidders max is 50, then it will be 50 and not 75.

chaddurbin 09-29-2012 11:40 AM

you still don't understand what i'm trying to say. i'm just letting mears know the problem and hopefully they can fix it...my lot included

yanks12025 09-29-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1040298)
you still don't understand what i'm trying to say. i'm just letting mears know the problem and hopefully they can fix it...my lot included

I understand what you're saying. I just went and placed a bid, it showed the same thing as you just showed. But once I clicked "Bid Now" it went to two bids under my max bid.

chaddurbin 09-29-2012 12:36 PM

yea thx, that's what i'm trying to confirm...it might just be me let me try another lot and go through with it. i know for sure i did not click "straight bid" on the first lot because i saw the problem and went back and forth between the 2 screens a few times before finally hitting "bid now"

MEARSAUCTIONS 09-29-2012 02:11 PM

Bidding Max vs Straight

I reviewed your bidding records. There was a maximum bid that was placed two days before you placed your first bid, which was a max bid. Once you bid, the previous max bid kicked in, taking you to your max bid, which was one bid higher than the previous max bid. This gave you the top position. In instances where your first bid is a max bid and the current high bidder has also placed a max bid, the computer software automatically takes you to your highest bid if it tops the current max bid.

In short, your bid is accurate and was placed properly.

Regards, Troy Kinunen/MEARS Auctions

chaddurbin 09-29-2012 02:39 PM

thanks troy. that does make me feel better and i won't be afraid to leave some max bids tonight if need be. no need for me to call you back then.