Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OJ Corcoran hoarder (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=139596)

cozmokramer 07-23-2011 05:37 PM

OJ Corcoran hoarder

Can someone please put me in touch with the board member that's been collecting all the OJ Corcoran cards.

Thanks.

Leon 07-23-2011 06:44 PM

PM

PM sent with contact info

z28jd 07-23-2011 08:15 PM

hoarder

Hoarder is such a harsh term, shouldn't it be Corcoran collector? or connoisseur of fine Corcorans....Just thought I might add that

tbob 07-23-2011 09:02 PM

Is he also hoarding/collecting the C46 Corcoran cards? If so, I'd like his contact info also, I can't find one to save my life :(

vintagecpa 07-23-2011 09:11 PM

I suppose if I actually needed one of his cards, I wouldn't find this thread so humorous.

cozmokramer 07-23-2011 11:10 PM

Thanks Leon, I was able to communicate with him.

OJs only... And yes hoarder is best to explain his collection and there is NOTHING negative meant by it!

tbob 07-24-2011 10:53 AM

Oh well, hopefully he and the other 3 C46s I need will make an appearance at the National so I can complete the set. Doubt it, but you never know........

Fred 07-24-2011 08:43 PM

Hey "hoarder", did you happen to pick up that last Corcoran card (adhered to an album page) on ebay recently? If so, that image was a nice one and 'm going to guess one of the better images you have of Larry. Yeah John, I agree "connoisseur of fine Corcorans" is a much more endearing term than "hoarder", you hoarder :p

cozmokramer 07-24-2011 09:04 PM

GQ corcoran

I was lucky enough to have picked up a PSA graded N175 Gyspy Queen Corcoran card last week and wanted to ask some questions to John.

As always and like most net54 members, he was great to discuss with and answered what he could.

Thanks John!

Fred 07-24-2011 10:10 PM

John is a great resource for info, expecially on the N172 Corcoran OJs. Wow, that's really neat, an N175 of Corocoran (of anybody for that matter). Nice pick up!

z28jd 07-24-2011 10:58 PM

Fred

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 911658)
Hey "hoarder", did you happen to pick up that last Corcoran card (adhered to an album page) on ebay recently? If so, that image was a nice one and 'm going to guess one of the better images you have of Larry. Yeah John, I agree "connoisseur of fine Corcorans" is a much more endearing term than "hoarder", you hoarder :p

Yes, I did win that one and was able to remove it with no loss on the back but a little paper still stuck to it about the size of a tack head. It is a great image too, probably because it has been in a book all this time.

I am not a hoarder Fred and you should know that because you have a Corcoran thanks to me. Nevermind that I threatened to decapitate you by throwing an N173 like a ninja star if you didn't win the card, that part is not important and frankly I'm so good at throwing those things you wouldn't even have felt it after it stopped hurting

Fred 07-26-2011 12:48 PM

Yes, I do remember that N172 Larry card. I still have it. Great image! I was looking at the London Larry in CS last year and figured I'd just not bid on it because all I would be doing is jacking the price up on you. You got that lot for a nice price...