Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ITPC's 5th ALL VINTAGE PENNANT AUCTION IS NOW OPEN FOR BIDDING! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=247774)

Lou Criscione 11-19-2017 03:22 PM

ITPC's 5th ALL VINTAGE PENNANT AUCTION IS NOW OPEN FOR BIDDING!

18 Attachment(s)
Inside the Park Collectibles 5th All Vintage Pennant Auction is now open for bidding and will close Friday December 8, 2017. This auction features 200 quality pennants all being offered with our usual No Buyer's Premium and No Hidden Reserves policies in effect.

To view the auction, register and bid Online - please visit our web site at: www.insidetheparkcollectibles.com

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Lou & John

ooo-ribay 11-19-2017 03:54 PM

Some excellent stuff in there! Something for nearly everyone!

unclebaseballmike 11-24-2017 11:35 PM

"1961 SF Giants Pennant"

1 Attachment(s)
RE: Inside the Park Collectibles Auction

I've heard this is a rare pennant, but I'm thinking an enclosed Candlestick Park makes it more like 1971.

bocca001 11-25-2017 07:50 AM

Giants pennant

I just bought that pennant on E-bay last week for like $5.97. It is listed in Mike Egner's book as being from 1961 and "extremely rare," (which is probably why the auction lists it as 1961). My guess is that there was supposed to be a different picture in that spot. Rob may know.

perezfan 11-26-2017 10:43 PM

Another one to fix...

Lot #146 is frequently mistaken for a Pittsburgh Steelers Pennant. But its actually a vintage Pennant from Fontana High School. Have seen this one mis-identified on numerous occasion over the years.

It features a great logo/mascot, but it was never utilized by the professional Steelers....

http://www.insidetheparkcollectibles...-LOT16657.aspx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fontana_High_School

Lou Criscione 11-28-2017 10:00 AM

Hi Guys!

Thanks so much for all your responses. We use Mike Egner's book as a guide to rarity of pennants since we are certainly not experts in this field. We will make adjustments on some of the lots in question. Hopefully, for the most part our descriptions are accurate. Even after over 30 years in the hobby- there's still so much to learn.

Thanks again!
Lou
Inside the Park Collectibles
www.insidetheparkcollectibles.com

Leon 12-05-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou Criscione (Post 1724474)
Hi Guys!

Thanks so much for all your responses. We use Mike Egner's book as a guide to rarity of pennants since we are certainly not experts in this field. We will make adjustments on some of the lots in question. Hopefully, for the most part our descriptions are accurate. Even after over 30 years in the hobby- there's still so much to learn.

Thanks again!
Lou
Inside the Park Collectibles

Hi Lou
Thanks again for allowing Net54baseball to help spread the word for your auction. I don't think we quit learning till we are pushing up daisies. Those are some great looking pennants. Good luck!!

Duluth Eskimo 12-05-2017 08:45 PM

I would hope that people emailed Lou prior to blasting him publicly. Mistakes are and can be made and obviously he made it right in the description immediately. Personally I think it's a little bush league to show one of his auction lots then describe how you found it on eBay for 5.97. Congrats to you, but maybe let the market dictate what an item will sell for. A guy who builds his business and reputation over many years and always seems to be very pleasant doesn't need to get done like that.

Lou Criscione 12-05-2017 09:26 PM

Hi Guys!

Thanks again for all your support. Personally, I have no problem with anyone who points out our mistakes. Please know that we do the best we can- but like everyone else- we are certainly not perfect. We have built a reputation of being fair and honest and like most dealers, we strive to do things right. We really do appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks too, for Net 54 all all their support. It's great to have a forum to discuss and learn more about our wonderful hobby.

Happy Holidays to all.
Lou

perezfan 12-05-2017 11:25 PM

Lou and John are the best in the business. Always classy, and honest beyond reproach. The nicest guys in the hobby, who've been doing it the right way forever (and still continue to get the "good stuff"). :D

Bumpus Jones 12-06-2017 01:28 AM

+1

Lou Criscione 12-07-2017 02:40 PM

18 Attachment(s)
Again- thanks for the kind words (you have us blushing) and support.

Please don't forget- this auction ends tomorrow- Friday December 8 at 10:00 PM EST (15 minute rule applies). Our specialty auctions tend to end much earlier in the night than our regular auctions - so please try to get your bids in early to avoid getting shut-out.

To view the auction, register and bid Online - please visit our web site at: www.insidetheparkcollectibles.com

Thanks and Good Luck!
Lou & John

ooo-ribay 12-07-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1726876)
Lou and John are the best in the business. Always classy, and honest beyond reproach. The nicest guys in the hobby, who've been doing it the right way forever (and still continue to get the "good stuff"). :D

I agree....now go find some Giants weirdos! :p