Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Blanks to fill empty slots in the 9 card page (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=187206)

Samets 05-01-2014 05:29 AM

Blanks to fill empty slots in the 9 card page

Hi,

I usually play in the game used section but have a minor interest in cards for jersey photomatching purposes... I have many team sets in 3 ring binders and was wondering if anyone has seen or used blank cards as space fillers for the empty slots?

I need to buy a few dozen but so far I can't find anyone selling them...

Any leads would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Rusty

steve B 05-01-2014 07:44 AM

Just get a cheap paper cutter at staples and a pack of comic backing boards. That should get you close enough.

Or search ACEO under crafts on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACEO-Paper-1...item359c493aa1

I haven't bought from any of the sellers since I have a cutter and a nearby craft store.

Some modern card products came with heavy blank inserts for a few years, but I forget which. Maybe 2010 or 2011 A+G or Gypsy Queen.

Steve B

Samets 05-01-2014 08:01 AM

Awesome!

That will work perfectly!

Thank you!

JLange 05-03-2014 07:10 AM

Space fillers!

I've thought about this as well. With many team sets or final page of team sets being far less than 9 cards, it's unsightly at best and could cause storage problems and maybe even damage at worst when so many pages no longer lay flat. I like the idea of blanks for the open pockets but I keep wondering if their is some better solution. Any other ideas out there? If you do use blanks, do you organize the cards any differently in the page? i.e., one card in the center, four cards in the corners, etc. This issue has really kept me from displaying and enjoying smaller team sets in particular.

Bestdj777 05-03-2014 08:40 AM

If you are doing blanks, affixing the team logo to them could be a nice way to fill the space. I'm sure there are team stickers for sale on eBay (they were all over when I was growing up). That could end up looking nicer than just a normal blank piece of cardboard.

Sierra79 05-03-2014 01:20 PM

I bought a binder that holds six cards per page a while back. It is designed to accommodate top loaders. I have used it for cards that I feel are nice but don't warrant grading or a bigger holder.

steve B 05-03-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLange (Post 1271919)
I've thought about this as well. With many team sets or final page of team sets being far less than 9 cards, it's unsightly at best and could cause storage problems and maybe even damage at worst when so many pages no longer lay flat. I like the idea of blanks for the open pockets but I keep wondering if their is some better solution. Any other ideas out there? If you do use blanks, do you organize the cards any differently in the page? i.e., one card in the center, four cards in the corners, etc. This issue has really kept me from displaying and enjoying smaller team sets in particular.

When I used binders if I had a page that would be less than 9 cards I'd leave the blank spaces next to the rings. After that or if it was only one space I'd leave the lower outside corner empty.

Then I went to storing them flat, then started moving them out of binders entirely.

Steve B

Footballdude 06-23-2014 11:15 AM

I never thought about the possible problems of leaving empty spaces in pages. I collect sets and leave paces where the cards should be numerically, if I don't have it. But, I don't move my sets to pages until I have at least 50% of the set complete. I hate empty spaces.

I also collect RAMS cards and keep them in seperate binders. I just use card sized pieces of paper, with the RAMS logo printed on them, as place holders to use within the set proper.

The cut up backer boards is a good idea and I just might have to try that as well, for page stability.