Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anybody else get this offer from PWCC? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=247521)

Brian Van Horn 11-13-2017 04:56 PM

Anybody else get this offer from PWCC?

I get an invoice from Brent at PWCC and it has the following line:

***New Program*** Consign in lieu of payment. Instead of paying this invoice, consign to the next auction with items valued at 200% of these winnings and we'll ship these items ASAP upon receipt of the consignment. Email brent@pwccauctions.com for program details and view our website regarding consignment: www.pwccauctions.com

PWCC Auctions

?:confused:

So, instead of payment, I would ship him items worth twice as much as the items I'm purchasing.

?:confused:

Econteachert205 11-13-2017 05:00 PM

Has this ever been done by another entity?

Brian Van Horn 11-13-2017 05:05 PM

I can understand this from one standpoint. He sacrifices payment now to get consignments of an equal additional amount above payment for his next auction. Interesting. Not quite sure how that business model would work, but I wasn't a math major. :)

sb1 11-13-2017 05:08 PM

similar to various offers by several ebay sellers and AH's.

Brian Van Horn 11-13-2017 05:10 PM

It basically works out to a deferred payment plan with consignments additionally to the original lots won. Interesting. Confusing at first, but interesting.

h2oya311 11-13-2017 05:13 PM

Pwcc

Yes - he does this with every invoice. I’ve heard of “standard” AHs doing cash advances of 30-50% of the value of a consignment. I think this is a brilliant way of keeping the deal flow coming for him.

If a buyer is tight on cash after buying a “must have” card from PWCC, it would be good to know you could “pay” with some of your own cards. Obviously, you would get what your consignment sells for less PWCC consignment fees less what you owed on your purchase. Little risk to Brent since he apparently gets top dollar in his auctions.

vthobby 11-13-2017 08:09 PM

PWCC winnings.........

I can tell you from experience that I have won 2 high value cards from PWCC in the past 6 months.

On each occasion, I simply emailed Brent, pointed out that I had current consignments with him totaling more than my card I won and VOILA, within 2 days, the card I won was marked Paid on Ebay and the card was shipped to me just like I had paid cash. No waiting. No BS.

When I got my check 3 weeks or so later, the card in question was deducted from my consignment cash. Perfect high value transaction both times.

I love it!

Peace, Mike

bobbyw8469 11-14-2017 07:08 AM

This is interesting....and a great way to keep the money in house. Heaven forbid he actually becomes a "catalog" auction and migrates away from Ebay. He could create some competition for some of these other guys.

conor912 11-14-2017 08:35 AM

He's been doing this for years. As an AH, it really only works if you have enough auctions, which he does. I've never used it, but I imagine it works perfectly in certain situations.

jhs5120 11-14-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtgmsc (Post 1719806)
I can tell you from experience that I have won 2 high value cards from PWCC in the past 6 months.

On each occasion, I simply emailed Brent, pointed out that I had current consignments with him totaling more than my card I won and VOILA, within 2 days, the card I won was marked Paid on Ebay and the card was shipped to me just like I had paid cash. No waiting. No BS.

When I got my check 3 weeks or so later, the card in question was deducted from my consignment cash. Perfect high value transaction both times.

I love it!

Peace, Mike

So he helps with your cash flow and he gets to save the ~1% PayPal transaction fee, all while providing stellar customer service? Great.

Exhibitman 11-14-2017 06:15 PM

Consignor offsets are not new in AHs; first I've heard of it on eBay.

pokerplyr80 11-14-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1719942)
So he helps with your cash flow and he gets to save the ~1% PayPal transaction fee, all while providing stellar customer service? Great.

Exactly, everybody wins. I have done this as well with no issues. He saves some money on PayPal fees and I don't have to worry about moving funds around to process the transactions. I don't remember seeing the email the OP mentioned, but have requested this service directly.

murphy8276 11-14-2017 08:02 PM

He already will advance you 50% of your auction value to paypal once received so he is virtually doing this with cash anyway. Doing it with cards keeps his streamline intact. Just request a 50% cash advance and he will ask you to value your cards and then you can take the advance based on it. Pretty nice to get half or so upfront.

vintagetoppsguy 11-14-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor912 (Post 1719926)
He's been doing this for years.

Maybe so, but this is the first time he's offered it publically. I got the same email tonight after winning an auction.

vthobby 11-14-2017 09:07 PM

Yes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1719942)

That sums it up Jason. Feels pretty good to win a high value card and have it shipped without paying for it directly! Of course I pay out of my consignment winnings but no money changes hands!

Peace, Mike