Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Odd board change not a good one but also not really a big deal (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242657)

steve B 07-20-2017 08:39 PM

Odd board change not a good one but also not really a big deal

So I noticed a few minutes ago that one of the features I used to use is gone.

Sometimes if I wanted to compare something to a different part of the thread I could click on the topic at the top of the page and open in a new tab or new window. Now the thread title isn't a link while I'm in the thread.

Not a huge thing, but a bit of a nuisance without it.

Another use I had for it was on multi page threads if I wanted to reply I would open in a new tab, and then read on to see if a similar reply had already been made.

sad it's changed and wondering why?

Steve B

Humor below

Or, to Phrase it in board speak,

I've had it with you lot and your software changes! I'm outta here (at least until I need to reply to someone telling me to get over it, or there's an interesting thread, or it's Friday......) And that's the last post I'm making on it! :D

Leon 07-21-2017 08:24 AM

Nothing has changed that I am aware of and I don't have a clue what you are talking about. You might double check what you are doing....

nolemmings 07-21-2017 08:59 AM

Seems to work for me, although i am not entirely certain what you mean and I do not use it as you describe. I right click on the little folder that precedes the thread title and it allows me to open the thread in a new tab or window.

brianp-beme 07-21-2017 10:28 AM

I admit to confusion, but this is probably due to the fact that my brain is a cotton ball trying to do push ups.

Brian

steve B 07-21-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolemmings (Post 1682957)
Seems to work for me, although i am not entirely certain what you mean and I do not use it as you describe. I right click on the little folder that precedes the thread title and it allows me to open the thread in a new tab or window.

Thanks, that's what I was missing.
Now I know that, it's all good, I can continue as before :D

At some point in the past my browser would display the thread title the same as the rest of the path, (Net54baseaball.com forums >net54baseball main preWWII forums > net54baseballvintage(pre-WWII) baseball cards & new member introductions > thread title) All as individual links.
Now the thread title is only accessible by clicking on the folder.

It's been one of those weeks for the computer....forced Java update, No "do you want to update or anything, just installed it then told me the browser doesn't support plugins...... copy and paste copy end not working from right click, but does from the keyboard shortcut I can hardly ever recall. Probably a few other weird things too.

Steve B

frankbmd 07-21-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1682880)
So I noticed a few minutes ago that one of the features I used to use is gone.

Sometimes if I wanted to compare something to a different part of the thread I could click on the topic at the top of the page and open in a new tab or new window. Now the thread title isn't a link while I'm in the thread.

Not a huge thing, but a bit of a nuisance without it.

Another use I had for it was on multi page threads if I wanted to reply I would open in a new tab, and then read on to see if a similar reply had already been made.

sad it's changed and wondering why?

Steve B

Humor below

Or, to Phrase it in board speak,

I've had it with you lot and your software changes! I'm outta here (at least until I need to reply to someone telling me to get over it, or there's an interesting thread, or it's Friday......) And that's the last post I'm making on it! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1682983)
Thanks, that's what I was missing.
Now I know that, it's all good, I can continue as before :D

At some point in the past my browser would display the thread title the same as the rest of the path, (Net54baseaball.com forums >net54baseball main preWWII forums > net54baseballvintage(pre-WWII) baseball cards & new member introductions > thread title) All as individual links.
Now the thread title is only accessible by clicking on the folder.

It's been one of those weeks for the computer....forced Java update, No "do you want to update or anything, just installed it then told me the browser doesn't support plugins...... copy and paste copy end not working from right click, but does from the keyboard shortcut I can hardly ever recall. Probably a few other weird things too.

Steve B

As a public service, Steve, please tell us what you were drinking, if you remember, when you started this thread.:D

ALR-bishop 07-21-2017 04:21 PM

Frank-- you have to admit the title grabs your attention right off the bat

steve B 07-21-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1683039)
As a public service, Steve, please tell us what you were drinking, if you remember, when you started this thread.:D

Sadly nothing but water.

pokerplyr80 07-21-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1683085)
Frank-- you have to admit the title grabs your attention right off the bat

It was compelling enough to get me to click. Glad to hear you found a solution to your dilemna. Perhaps your update caused a change in the way the site is displayed in your browser.

Zach Wheat 07-21-2017 08:35 PM

Steve,

You can always right-click hyper-links and select "open in new tab" or new window.

Z

steve B 07-22-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach Wheat (Post 1683139)
Steve,

You can always right-click hyper-links and select "open in new tab" or new window.

Z

That was the change. At least for me, the thread title isn't a hyperlink anymore. But the folder next to it is, which I didn't know, so it's all sorted.