Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Southern California Vintage Card and Collectibles Meetup (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252464)

Leon 03-23-2018 07:45 AM

Have fun Joshua and others. To be clear I didn't start this board. There were 2 people before me, Elliot B who actually did start it, and Bill C, who ran it for 1-2 yrs. But for the last 15 yrs or so, with two other mods, Dan and Brian, we have moderated it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanip (Post 1759599)
Thanks for creating this board Leon!

Taking the read across, it seems many of us prefer to push the time up. So we are finalizing the time. I would say 11AM* to 3PM. No more changes.

As an update, I have sent out both an evite and a email of the venue location and time. If you have not received it and are interested in attending, please send me your email and I will add you onto the list..

*Food will be available at noon though (not sure if I will get there by 11).

Wildfireschulte 03-23-2018 02:22 PM

Joshua - I just sent a PM. Sounds like fun. We don't get much baseball card action in SoCal. I wish that we could turn it into a small show like Adam set up a few years ago.

j05h.wu1k4n 03-23-2018 02:44 PM

sorry to miss

Sorry to miss this, but I'll be on the East Coast that weekend examining the upcoming Huggins and Scott Auction lots. Hopefully the next So. Cal meet up will work for me. Have fun.

Josh Wulkan
Greg Morris Cards, Inc.

t213 03-25-2018 11:45 AM

I live in Virginia, but will be in LA at least quarterly going forward and will definitely try to attend future meet ups.

Andy

joshuanip 04-14-2018 12:37 PM

Hi guys. Final reminder as our meet up is just two weeks away. Got a great showing so far!

For those who have sent interest, please update your rsvp on evite or email me (if you don’t do evite) so I can get a headcount. Sending out a reminder today.

If you want to come and have not received an email/evite from me, please email me at Joshua.nip@gmail.com.

Josh
626-240-8138

edjs 04-14-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanip (Post 1767322)
Hi guys. Final reminder as our meet up is just two weeks away. Got a great showing so far!

For those who have sent interest, please update your rsvp on evite or email me (if you don’t do evite) so I can get a headcount. Sending out a reminder today.

If you want to come and have not received an email/evite from me, please email me at Joshua.nip@gmail.com.

Josh
626-240-8138

Josh, I'm really looking forward to this, and thank you for all the effort you are putting into this. I think this will be a great start to building a collectors community (as opposed to individuals) here in Southern California. Maybe in a few years they may even re-think having another Nationals out here.

Griffins 04-23-2018 06:05 PM

Just a reminder that the meetup is this Saturday. If you haven't gotten an invite yet and you're in the LA area shoot Josh or myself a pm.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

joshuanip 04-25-2018 11:04 AM

Hi guys,

Got a lot of feedback all over the map on format of the meeting and what to bring.

Regarding format, got a number of inquiries if this was a show and tell and/or buy sell trade. I got comments that were just buyers, and others requesting if they can sell or trade. In the interest of trying to make this as successful as possible, I say lets have all of the above. I think if we can get a few people's wish lists fulfilled and/or create a few new trading partners (with a face to go along with it), it would make this meeting even more successful.

On what to bring. I initially tried to provide people's collecting interests on the original email, but the list sort of sprawled from there, so please forgive me if I missed some people. There has been expressed interest on pre-1900's stuff, tobacco era cards, pre-war and post-war HOF cards, pre-war football/basketball, memorabilia, and modern. I know that is a pretty wide net, but there were a lot of responses that said they collect everything...I'm guessing no one is bringing their 1980/90's cards...

That said, there have been some that asked what to bring. I would open that up to you guys. There has been some responses already on evite, but would love to get feedback from you guys to help each other out what to bring. If willing to provide what your interests, items looking to buy/trade and items you may be bringing to sell/trade, please do so in the comment section of the evite. Please PM me if you did not receive the evite, or do not use evite and I will post your PM for you.

Look forward to seeing you guys!

Griffins 04-28-2018 07:26 PM

That was fun!
Huge thanks to Joshua Nip for putting this together and for catering lunch.

http://photos.imageevent.com/griffin...ettogether.jpg

edjs 04-28-2018 07:59 PM

We need to do this again! Thanks Joshua and Anthony for hosting. Pretty exciting to see some of the guys from on here and some fantastic cards, memorabilia, etc. Great chicken and ribs as well!

rdwyer 04-28-2018 08:06 PM

Picts

3 Attachment(s)
Lots of nice STUFF.

Rhotchkiss 04-28-2018 08:16 PM

Way to go Westside. It’s funny ours was same day as yours. Very cool experience, no? And definately something to grow - east or west. But the one thing that concerns me is chicken and ribs???!!!! We had crummy pizza and salad (sounds like the Eastside host really sucked!). Congrats guys

oldjudge 04-28-2018 10:41 PM

Joshua and Anthony deserve a big “Thank You”. The get together was a lot of fun. For me, it was great to see friends who I have not seen in a while, and to put faces to names for people who I have corresponded with in the past, in some cases for decades. Well done guys!

JohnnyFinance7 04-28-2018 11:20 PM

Yes, it was great meeting everyone and I definitely had a great time. Thank you very much Joshua and Anthony for putting this together. I look forward to the next meetup.

Exhibitman 04-28-2018 11:20 PM

Thanks guys. And thanks to everyone who turned up. We should make this a card club meeting.

Andy Sandler 04-29-2018 12:50 AM

A great time with a great group of guys.
Thanks to all for their efforts.
Looking forward to the next one.
Sincerely, Andy Sandler

ajjohnsonsoxfan 04-29-2018 11:05 AM

Joshua you da man! The bbq spread was awesome. Thanks for putting it all together and for Senor Nix for hosting. I think MVP goes to Ed Skelton (EDJS) for bringing all that killer stuff for sale. It was great seeing Jay Miller, Bruce Babcock, Andy Sandler (Adam's long lost cousin), Rick Clemons, Bill Cornell, Jason Miller and Adam Warshaw.

uffda51 04-29-2018 03:01 PM

Thanks!

Thanks to Joshua and Anthony for putting this thing together. Good food, saw some old friends and met some new ones, saw some nice cards. And didn't have to fly to get there . . .

ricktmd 04-29-2018 03:19 PM

A fun experience. The get together was a good chance to speak face to face with old friends and connect with people who I have dealt with and never met. I believe everyone who went had a terrific time. Joshua and Anthony did a great job . Anthony's has an incredibly cool space and the bbq food was delicious.

smotan_02 04-29-2018 06:18 PM

Awesome experience and great chance to see some beautiful collections. Great food and great guys...Look forward to the next one!

GasHouseGang 04-29-2018 11:36 PM

Looks like I missed a fun event. I look forward to attending the next one.

vintagerookies51 04-30-2018 04:07 PM

Cool idea, looks fun. I’d be more than down if there’s ever one in the Midwest. And I’d probably need to add quite a few cards to my collection in order to have anything to trade