Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Vintage Bat (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=276337)

eastonfalcon19 11-26-2019 08:53 PM

Vintage Bat

3 Attachment(s)
I have this bat and couldn’t find much information about it. Has anyone ever seen bat similar to this with the rings on it? Also what time period do you think this bat is from? This is one of my bats in my collection that stumps me. Thanks for any feedback.

perezfan 11-27-2019 10:31 AM

REA recently had a nice groove-handled example in the auction that preceded their current one. It went for big money. But the REA Bat had grooves that looked to be factory cut. Not sure about yours, as it possibly looks to be more of a home-made Bat.

If you can post some better pics (especially of the handle), it might help in determining the value. If the grooved handle is factory applied, it's a real keeper.

Great looking piece either way!

khkco4bls 11-27-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1934391)
REA recently had a nice groove-handled example in the auction that preceded their current one. It went for big money. But the REA Bat had grooves that looked to be factory cut. Not sure about yours, as it possibly looks to be more of a home-made Bat.

If you can post some better pics (especially of the handle), it might help in determining the value. If the grooved handle is factory applied, it's a real keeper.

Great looking piece either way!

Mark I think the bat you're referring to might have been mine that's sold from my collection the Spalding premier model which did self a good money his appears to not be fact we made I also have another Spalding premier which I picked up not long ago I will try to post later

Shoeless Moe 11-27-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khkco4bls (Post 1934414)
Mark I think the bat you're referring to might have been mine that's sold from my collection the Spaulding premier model which did self a good money his appears to not be fact we made I also have another Spalding premier which I picked up not long ago I will try to post later

Kevin, can you shoot me the name of your English teacher from grade school? I need to lay into her.

Huysmans 11-27-2019 12:43 PM

I'll share Mark's sentiments. The grooves aren't evenly spaced, so it definitely appears to be a homemade job. And truthfully, even if it's factory made, the aesthetics aren't overly pleasing, so I don't see too much in way of value. But that's just my opinion. Still a neat and unique-looking bat.

eastonfalcon19 11-27-2019 01:12 PM

I’m guessing it’s a 19th century bat...would you guys agree with that?

Huysmans 11-27-2019 02:04 PM

It appears so stylistically
One thing not mentioned...
What is the bat's length?

MGHPro 11-27-2019 02:20 PM

Cool bat . I agree it’s most likely homemade . As for dating , I would lean more toward the turn of the century .

khkco4bls 11-28-2019 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 1934416)
Kevin, can you shoot me the name of your English teacher from grade school? I need to lay into her.

That's why I hate talk to text

khkco4bls 12-18-2019 10:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry was supposed to post a while ago. Here is my rare factory made Spalding premier model with wood grooved handle.