Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New PayPal (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=268585)

Ben Yourg 05-02-2019 11:18 AM

New PayPal

What's the main change,in policy? In an easy to understand way?

clydepepper 05-02-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Yourg (Post 1874491)
What's the main change,in policy? In an easy to understand way?

One change is that Auto-Relists go from 30 days to every month?

I guess their algorithm couldn't cope with February.

=

D. Bergin 05-02-2019 12:31 PM

If you refund a payment, no matter the reason, you don't get your fees from that payment back.

Santo10Fan 05-02-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1874497)
If you refund a payment, no matter the reason, you don't get your fees from that payment back.

Exactly. You sell an item for $2,000. Fees you pay are $58.30. If the buyer returns it, you eat that money.

megalimey 05-02-2019 01:21 PM

Fees will not get returned starting May 7th

straight from the pay pal website and confirmed by customer service

starting May 7th 2019 , any item returned , for a full or partial refund
there will BE NO REVERSAL OF SELLERS FEE or 30 cent transaction fee"
basically what they are saying to sellers "until you can find a better or cheaper way to get your money online for selling items " you should leave and don't let the door hit you in the ass .
just wondering , how long before ebay follows suit

D. Bergin 05-02-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalimey (Post 1874509)

You receive credit for your original transaction fees based on the kind of refund you issue.
When you issue a full refund using the Issue Refund link on the Transaction Details page, we credit your full variable transaction fee.
When you issue a partial refund, we credit a percentage of the variable transaction fee, based on the amount of the refund

Maybe I'm reading the Paypal updates wrong, but here it is directly from them:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...-policies-full

We’re changing how we treat refunds. If you refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller will not be returned to you.

D. Bergin 05-02-2019 01:59 PM

Ok, I see you updated your post. Carry on. ;)

megalimey 05-02-2019 02:10 PM

sorry I was initially was looking at the current refund policy ,

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1874521)
Ok, I see you updated your post. Carry on. ;)

sorry I was initially was looking at the current refund policy

Ben Yourg 05-02-2019 07:01 PM

PayPal

Thanks everyone,for the info!
Ben

PiratesWS1979 05-02-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

starting May 7th 2019 , any item returned , for a full or partial refund
there will BE NO REVERSAL OF SELLERS FEE or 30 cent transaction fee"
basically what they are saying to sellers "until you can find a better or cheaper way to get your money online for selling items " you should leave and don't let the door hit you in the ass .
just wondering , how long before ebay follows suit

So this just opens the door to PWCCPay and another way small sellers can't compete. With all of the idiots playing games on eBay, occasional sellers like myself wouldn't want to lose 3% for nothing.

thecatspajamas 05-03-2019 05:56 AM

Quote:

how long before ebay follows suit

On partial refunds, eBay has never refunded the Final Value Fees associated with those funds, even when they actually owned Paypal. (for instance, a refund of shipping overpayment for multi-item orders for which combined shipping was not adjusted prior to making payment). They will only refund the FVF's if the transaction is cancelled entirely.

I don't know how they handle the fees for their Managed Payments transactions, as I have never opted into those.

savedfrommyspokes 05-03-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecatspajamas (Post 1874674)
On partial refunds, eBay has never refunded the Final Value Fees associated with those funds, even when they actually owned Paypal. (for instance, a refund of shipping overpayment for multi-item orders for which combined shipping was not adjusted prior to making payment). They will only refund the FVF's if the transaction is cancelled entirely.

I don't know how they handle the fees for their Managed Payments transactions, as I have never opted into those.

If you call ebay, they will gladly refund FVFs on partial refunds. However, as nearly all of my partial refunds involve overpayments in s/h due to multiple payments vs. single payments, my refund back to the buyer is less the FVF as I simply do not have time to call ebay each time or track each of these occurrences and call weekly.

I read with the ebay spring update that with ebay managed payments that partial refunds would be coming soon, but what I read did not mention is if FVFs would be refunded on partial refunds with EMP. Another reason I am glad that I did not opt into EMP.